Metacritic : MG:R 79% and DmC 86%.....what does this mean?

#81evilashxeroPosted 2/23/2013 2:16:51 AM(edited)
Capitan_Kid posted...
It means that DmC is a good game despite the comments from butthurt haters

It seems moderately solid, despite the lead character's personality. I didn't get into it, because I want that fast and frantic style Japanese action game from DMC, and DmC just wasn't fast and frantic enough. It was a mix between JP and western design, and I had no interest in that, from that kind of game. I think a lot of other people felt the same way.

Despite the Japanese gaming industry hurting big time, they are good at that twitchy gameplay. I don't feel that western devs really care for that kind of thing too much.
---
NO REFUGE
#82BlackSheepWallsPosted 2/23/2013 2:17:55 AM
I own both, I prefer MGR, maybe becuase it is new. The only major letdown with DmC were the bosses for me. They are so easy even on DMD, you don't even need to try and they are really not that great to begin with.
#83FulvipPosted 2/23/2013 2:18:13 AM
evilashxero posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
It means that DmC is a good game despite the comments from butthurt haters

It seems moderately solid, despite the lead character's personality. I didn't get into it, because I want that fast and frantic style Japanese action game from DMC, and DmC just wasn't fast and frantic enough. It was a mix between JP and western design, and I had no interest in that, from that kind of game. I think a lot of other people felt the same way.

Yep. I thought the game was faster when compared to DMC3, but then I found some videos with footage that looked like it was sped up, but after going back to it I'm getting the hang of it. And the game just has no personality, ot at least a very boring one.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#84gamestar9999Posted 2/23/2013 2:25:03 AM
means gameing journalism is still a joke. dmc flopped anyway nothing could save it, wile kojima already wants a sequel for rising due to guaranteed sales and has nothing but praise for platinum.
#85fuyuminePosted 2/23/2013 2:41:27 AM
DmC was.. trash. There was very little to no challenge from bosses at all. Hell, I know its a reboot, but DmC's Dante and Vergil were so bland it made me cry. The combo system I enjoyed, though.

MGR:R is still the better choice between the two. Playing fruit ninjas with human cyborgs while maintaining the fast action pace like Bayonetta is an amazing concept, and they pulled it off.
---
xbox gt: goozilla123
3DS FC: 2836-0095-7870
#86akamesamaPosted 2/23/2013 3:07:09 AM
And Diablo 3 > Diablo 2 right gaiz!? Oh and RE6 is a great game too! It scored 74 on an aggregate site... oh wait

You see the problem right? Using Metacritic in general for determining the quality of the product...
---
Mains: Carl Sub:The guy that fixes hats
Guilty Gear: Eddie and ABA
#87vgman94Posted 2/23/2013 4:32:38 AM
akamesama posted...
And Diablo 3 > Diablo 2 right gaiz!? Oh and RE6 is a great game too! It scored 74 on an aggregate site... oh wait

You see the problem right? Using Metacritic in general for determining the quality of the product...

Diablo 3 had better graphics and effects. RE6 had better cinematic quality, bosses and variety with it's different stories. But for the topic's case... It's strange how awesome games get 79s... Prototype 1 and 2 both have 79s as well IIRC... That number has an effect on me, so it's creepy seeing it being used for some of my favorite games. Anywho, I think MGR is the better game, but DmC does deserve it's 86. It's just that MGR deserves an 89 or 9.1
#88vital_vertigoPosted 2/23/2013 5:02:13 AM
vgman94 posted...
akamesama posted...

Diablo 3 had better graphics and effects. RE6 had better cinematic quality, bosses and variety with it's different stories. But for the topic's case... It's strange how awesome games get 79s... Prototype 1 and 2 both have 79s as well IIRC... That number has an effect on me, so it's creepy seeing it being used for some of my favorite games. Anywho, I think MGR is the better game, but DmC does deserve it's 86. It's just that MGR deserves an 89 or 9.1

I might be becuase I come from a different time, but RE isnt supposed to be about cinematic quality.
And Graphics mean nothing without gameplay, why not watch a movie if that what your so focused on.
---
John 3:16-The Bible.
Official Loner of the ZWWT Board Official Goma Orak of the SSBU Board
#89vgman94Posted 2/23/2013 5:12:31 AM
vital_vertigo posted...
I might be becuase I come from a different time, but RE isnt supposed to be about cinematic quality.
And Graphics mean nothing without gameplay, why not watch a movie if that what your so focused on.

I think it has to do with philosophy. I don't see any reason to stick a "supposed to be" on a game or game series. It's about what's good and what's not. If RE somehow became a game where the MCs inject themselves with mutagens that allow them to temporarily transform into enemies large and strong enough to fight the bosses of RE7 (theoretically), as long as the combat, story and whatever else is good and keeps their characters in character, it'll still be a good RE. Because what RE started out as, it won't stay that way forever and it shouldn't. It should evolve, change and grow with age. Look at Rising. The series was about stealth and what-not and now they're making a new branch of games dedicated to combat, gameplay and still attempt to maintain a good story. I understand a lot of people wanted to and will want to, in response to this post, make a "it's a spin-off" excuse. But if anyone remembers back when during the days after the 2011 VGA... They only said that after they heard the fans complaining. If there were no complaints, they wouldn't have called it a spin-off to begin with.

PS: When I wrote about cinematic quality, I didn't mean graphics. I mean story, scenes, dialogue and how the gameplay fits into it. Come on now. Besides, what's wrong with having a "movie" you can play? Like Asura's Wrath and MGS4?
#90truly_FLCLPosted 2/23/2013 5:34:50 AM
lol, gotta love deluded nerds who will rationalize anything

DmC got better reviews?

"nah, dude, the reviewers were totally paid off. also, they probably sucked at MGR b/c they couldn't handle the masterful, insanely difficult finesse that comes with parrying and dodging. GOD, i hate the state of gaming and critiquing these days!" /high horse
---
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af152/masshi/sad_ckcs.jpg