Metacritic : MG:R 79% and DmC 86%.....what does this mean?

#91Hades192Posted 2/23/2013 4:35:58 AM
MGR is the better game.
#92ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/23/2013 4:50:09 AM
truly_FLCL posted...
lol, gotta love deluded nerds who will rationalize anything

DmC got better reviews?

"nah, dude, the reviewers were totally paid off. also, they probably sucked at MGR b/c they couldn't handle the masterful, insanely difficult finesse that comes with parrying and dodging. GOD, i hate the state of gaming and critiquing these days!" /high horse

So you are saying the 3/10 MGR and 9/10 DmC reviews are justified?

lol
#93Rising_shadowPosted 2/23/2013 4:53:49 AM
they couldn't handle the masterful, insanely difficult finesse that comes with parrying

Considering most reviewers think parrying requires godlike reflexes and some of them are getting stuck at the LQ-84I mid-boss battle, I'd say that yes, they couldn't handle it.

Wonder how they fared with Monsoon. If they though wolf was hard (lulz) they likely snapped the disk in half after trying him.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#94Snorlax_exlaxPosted 2/23/2013 5:04:30 AM
errmahgod this topic is still going

GUYZ

GUYZ METACRITIC SUX

Seriously though, reviews are just numbers, and quite frankly, I think people need to stop using ghetto labels like "better".
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/exChardude.png
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/SNORLAXex.png
#95vgman94Posted 2/23/2013 5:08:44 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
truly_FLCL posted...
lol, gotta love deluded nerds who will rationalize anything

DmC got better reviews?

"nah, dude, the reviewers were totally paid off. also, they probably sucked at MGR b/c they couldn't handle the masterful, insanely difficult finesse that comes with parrying and dodging. GOD, i hate the state of gaming and critiquing these days!" /high horse

So you are saying the 3/10 MGR and 9/10 DmC reviews are justified?

lol

No-one, pro or anti, would say the most extreme polar opposite reviews are justified. 3 out of 10 is ragequitting, and 9 out of 10 is a bit much for a game with simplistic level designs. DmC is an 8(.5-.9) and MGR... I'd say a 9(.0-.4), but I'll have to hold my judgement until I finish it. Either way, both are good.
#96Jay_48601Posted 2/23/2013 5:33:49 AM
It means nothing TC unless you're one of those people that needs someone to make decisions for you. That would be especially funny to me because their opinions are just as subjective as our and can be even more flawed than normal. I would honestly look at normal gamer reviews before judging completely off of "professionals". If I followed them, I would have passed up on a lot of gems throughout my gaming career.
---
Currently playing: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Megaman X3, and SMW2
PSN: Jay48601
#97DaAzureGrimoirePosted 2/23/2013 5:44:05 AM
I feel like my opinions on games is unique here cause I don't agree with like any if you and I play frickin' everything (sans RTS').
It's like, H&S fans want reviews to only be about gameplay and that trying to tell a compelling story should be scrapped. What? Gameplay isn't fast paced? It's trying to be like Hollywood and push the envelope for gaming stories? What's wrong with people ?
Nah, you see, here's the thing:

If the widespread masses can't behind a game, then it doesn't do as well generally. Trying to make games more like movies has opened up the industry for a lot of people and allowed gaming to go mainstream.
Now that gaming is mainstream, change is going to happen.
I'm sorry you're Butthurt that Call of Duty: Super Defense Squad is what sells these days. The market changed. It happens.
Probably for the best. A lot of games (but not all) that it seems more eastern inclined gamers complain about (Uncharted, CoD, Battlefield, God of War, Skyrim) were games that pushing the envelope. I don't even like CoD, but it serves a purpose. These games have pushed programmers and designers to find ways to make games more realistic, more immersive, and to do it in real time.
As a PC gamer, these advancements are a big deal cause how is gaming suppose to progress if it didn't try at all?
Lets just keep making the same games. Everyone will be fine with that.
NO!
I will always say that games that at least try to push even a little beyond are better than those overwrought with gameplay traditions, cause eventually, there should truly be a game for everyone.
There will always be the over the top H&S that comes out and thankfully it'll get the bonuses of advancing technology, so it's not like anyone really loses here, so I see no reason to hate on games that actually want to make you feel something.
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#98TheCurseX2Posted 2/23/2013 5:45:40 AM
MG:R is way better. I don't usually like these types of games, but this one is awesome.
---
Of course, of course it got done, things get done all the time, I understand don't worry YOUR JOB WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. GET BETTER GEORGE!
#99MugenDC4Posted 2/23/2013 10:40:02 PM
king_madden posted...
MugenDC4 posted...
Big Devil May Cry Fan and played both DmC and MGR, my vote goes to MGR. Once I beat DmC I couldn't gain any interest replaying it; however, MGR I have been replaying multiple times trying to collect everything. Those reviewers just suck at games and shouldn't even be reviewing games. MGR has a very small learning curve and once you got it, the game actually becomes fun.

didnt MGR just come out? and you already beat it AND replayed it multiple times?

on topic, they are both good games, just really started playing MGR and its not bad so far, beat DMC yesterday, and thought it was a good game. I liked DMC4 too, and didnt feel let down with this one.

not sure why all the hate.

I guess you miss the part where I said replaying it to collect everything :/
#100skeithxthPosted 2/23/2013 11:22:24 PM
It means that both games are awesome and that you should def. own both of these titles in your game library at some point in time. I do, and I do not regret the purchase of either title.

Both of which have a decent amount of replay value and have personally seen gameplay sessions long after their plots concluded due to their upgrade, collectable and new game plus systems.

Both are great, fun games.
---
Yo Sephiroth, I'm really happy for you, and imma let you finish but Kefka Palazzo is the best Final Fantasy villain of all time.