DmC is a better game

#31ItalianIdiotPosted 2/23/2013 1:16:18 PM
Hell, maybe NT in that time frame could make a 2 hour game, cutscenes and all.
#32NemeksisPosted 2/23/2013 1:20:13 PM
docman864 posted...
Nemeksis posted...
The art style in DmC is miles ahead of the art style in this one, but the rest is either about the same or a bit worse in DmC.

in your dreams.

Nah, the art style here is really bland, as much as DmC wasn't good at least it had some visually interesting stuff at least.
#33docman864Posted 2/23/2013 1:24:54 PM
Nemeksis posted...
docman864 posted...
Nemeksis posted...
The art style in DmC is miles ahead of the art style in this one, but the rest is either about the same or a bit worse in DmC.

in your dreams.

Nah, the art style here is really bland, as much as DmC wasn't good at least it had some visually interesting stuff at least.

about the only thing that's visually stunning is those shape shifting environments. The character designs are not even close to what I call "interesting."
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#34NemeksisPosted 2/23/2013 1:25:51 PM
docman864 posted...
Nemeksis posted...
docman864 posted...
Nemeksis posted...

in your dreams.

about the only thing that's visually stunning is those shape shifting environments. The character designs are not even close to what I call "interesting."

And that's exactly what I'm talking about. Art style is not only character designs.
#35docman864Posted 2/23/2013 1:27:20 PM
Nemeksis posted...
docman864 posted...
Nemeksis posted...
docman864 posted...
Nemeksis posted...

in your dreams.

And that's exactly what I'm talking about. Art style is not only character designs.

you need to be damn specific because art style is not only about built environments.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#36wwinterj25Posted 2/23/2013 1:28:20 PM(edited)
DmC is garbage. Take your trashy opinions and shove them up your arse.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#37NemeksisPosted 2/23/2013 1:32:01 PM
docman864 posted...

you need to be damn specific because art style is not only about built environments.

Let me break it down for you. DmC has awful character design and good environments, MGR has awful environments and awful character design. Add it up and DmC has a better art style.
#38MrBuggzPosted 2/23/2013 1:36:29 PM
ItalianIdiot posted...
BkzUzi posted...
Look at the metacritic score

While I did enjoy my runs through DmC.

I don't agree with this, the fact that DmC has colr coded enemies just kills a lot of the fun for me.

MGR is some of the most fun I've had with an action video game in a long while.

The over the top badd assedry turns my blood to liquid iridium !!!!

HOLY CRAP A DmC FANBOY WHO CAN UNDERSTAND MY FRUSTATION ABOUT COLOR CODED ENEMIES.

I never thought I'd see one...my faith in the human race has grew a little for once. ;_;

Myself and fanboy should never be put in the same sentence mine friend.
I'm as objective as they come, trust me.

But yeah color coded enemies is a horrible idea in almost any game.

It is there to give a bogus sense of difficulty, but all it does is suck the fun out of your combat. It limits your flexibility and makes whatever level it's in a chore to do.

I can't stand it

It only belongs in games like Outlander (which was fantastic btw)
---
I game to have fun, not to change the world.
#39vgman94Posted 2/23/2013 1:37:00 PM
docman864 posted...
Nemeksis posted...

in your dreams.

For God's sake, snap out of it. The art style of DmC is one of the most unique and un-replicated art styles this past decade. The entirety of the levels repeatedly remind you they're alive. I do disagree about everything being the same or worse. I think some things like music and overall combat are better in MGR, and the feel of accessibility (being able to want to play a game to relax rather than to expend too much energy into it after a long day) is better in DmC.
#40vgman94Posted 2/23/2013 1:38:31 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
DmC is garbage. Take your trashy opinions and shove them up your arse.

Same could be said about the mindlessly negative opinions about DmC.