DmC is a better game

#51haxomgwtfbbqPosted 2/23/2013 3:31:22 PM
docman864 posted...
haxomgwtfbbq posted...
docman864 posted...
haxomgwtfbbq posted...
Call of Doodie: Modern Borefare 3 has an 88 on Metacritic.
Grand Theft Auto IV has 98
Black and White has a 90
Mass Effect 3 has a 93

We're supposed to believe that these are better than:

Skies of Arcadia- 75
Bastion- 86
Psychonauts-86
Fallout 2- 86
Devil May Cry 3- 84

Anyone who takes metacritic seriously needs to be drug out into the street and shot.

One of the things I find true about Metacritics is that the higher the rating, the more boring the game is, which has never failed me. Those games you mentioned up there are pretty darn disappointing, especially ME3.

There are plenty of games which I think metacritic gave a high rating when they deserved it, like System Shock 2, Half-life 2, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, Planescape: Torment, Ocarina of Time, Deus Ex, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night ,etc(though some of those I would have ranked higher). But the top 100 games list on metacritic is an absolute joke.

at least it holds true for this generation.

Well, most of the younger generation of gamers are a bunch of blithering idiots. It's mainly because when I was young mostly nerds and geeks were hardcore gamers, so people who played video games had good taste. Now even the biggest idiots in middle/high school are on Xbox live 6 hours a day trash-talking while playing Call of Duty. It's sad.
#52vgman94Posted 2/23/2013 3:38:22 PM
fuyumine posted...
vgman94 posted...
docman864 posted...
Nemeksis posted...
The art style in DmC is miles ahead of the art style in this one, but the rest is either about the same or a bit worse in DmC.

in your dreams.

For God's sake, snap out of it. The art style of DmC is one of the most unique and un-replicated art styles this past decade. The entirety of the levels repeatedly remind you they're alive. I do disagree about everything being the same or worse. I think some things like music and overall combat are better in MGR, and the feel of accessibility (being able to want to play a game to relax rather than to expend too much energy into it after a long day) is better in DmC.

I agree the art styling of DmC was great, but the way they portrayed the characters was utter ****.

I disagree. I enjoyed Dante's rebellious attitude and the way it grew away from that with exposure to Kat and Vergil was a nice way to have subtle character development. I'm not saying it's great compared to some deeper games, story-wise. But it's not bad.
#53IamthekuzalolPosted 2/23/2013 3:44:08 PM
haxomgwtfbbq posted...
Black and White has a 90
Mass Effect 3 has a 93

Skies of Arcadia- 75
Bastion- 86
Psychonauts-86
Fallout 2- 86
Devil May Cry 3- 84

Anyone who takes metacritic seriously needs to be drug out into the street and shot.

They also gave Godhand, one of the best action/Beat 'em up game out there a 73. That pretty much sums up the credibility of those professional reviewers. MGR >>>>>> DmC.
#54Rising_shadowPosted 2/23/2013 3:45:17 PM
IGN gave God Hand a 3/10. And this, children, is why professional videogame journalism doesn't exist.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#55kaysa13Posted 2/23/2013 3:48:50 PM
SilentS89 posted...
As you play DmC, you define Donte. Who are you? "My name is Dante".

You forgot his title. Dante the demon killer. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
---
This is a signature.
#56TheF1BOBPosted 2/23/2013 3:53:29 PM
DmC is cancer to the gaming industry.

MGR:R is our cure.
---
METAL GEAR RISING - THE REBIRTH OF METAL GEAR
RAIDEN > BIG BOSS
#57IronticsDragonLPosted 2/23/2013 3:57:49 PM
LOL No.
---
Atma Weapon is the most badass weapon in Final Fantasy 6
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#58NewavePosted 2/23/2013 4:06:50 PM
lol Metacritic
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#59SolKarellenPosted 2/23/2013 4:07:55 PM
haxomgwtfbbq posted...
docman864 posted...
haxomgwtfbbq posted...
docman864 posted...
haxomgwtfbbq posted...
Black and White has a 90
Mass Effect 3 has a 93

Skies of Arcadia- 75
Bastion- 86
Psychonauts-86
Fallout 2- 86
Devil May Cry 3- 84

One of the things I find true about Metacritics is that the higher the rating, the more boring the game is, which has never failed me. Those games you mentioned up there are pretty darn disappointing, especially ME3.

There are plenty of games which I think metacritic gave a high rating when they deserved it, like System Shock 2, Half-life 2, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, Planescape: Torment, Ocarina of Time, Deus Ex, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night ,etc(though some of those I would have ranked higher). But the top 100 games list on metacritic is an absolute joke.

at least it holds true for this generation.

Well, most of the younger generation of gamers are a bunch of blithering idiots. It's mainly because when I was young mostly nerds and geeks were hardcore gamers, so people who played video games had good taste. Now even the biggest idiots in middle/high school are on Xbox live 6 hours a day trash-talking while playing Call of Duty. It's sad.

And I heard the older generation of gamers have a god complex and think themselves superior because they post on forums about video games.

**** like the response to DmC made me almost hate my favorite hobby.
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#60ItalianIdiotPosted 2/24/2013 4:53:58 AM
You guys are looking at this all wrong, DmC isn't a game, DmC is art.

Not that silly fake commercial "art" but real hardcore starving artist art.

Notice the way Ninja Theory makes a statement on society by intentionally giving inferior features to a franchise they were lent. The way Ninja Theory makes a statement on Westernization and outsourcing in general by intentionally and artistically making the game inferior. Notice the statement on entitlement and authority that Ninja Theory are making?

The framerate is a poetic metaphor for the way people perceive the world. As humans we can't see the real truth of reality so this is reflected by the way DmC only gives us half the frames per second that we should have. It effects us on an emotional level because we can tell that something is missing but it is so abstract that creates dissonance within ourselves.

The button delay is very rewarding. The reason for the delay is that Donte is hesitating to act because he needs to find the meaning of himself. Every agonizing swing of Rebellion is Donte's way of saying "I am me" to the world.

As you play DmC, you define Donte. Who are you? "My name is Dante".

There is no lock-on feature because in real life we don't get to know our targets. Our goals must be made ourselves. To think otherwise is the height of sheepliness and entitlement. DmC takes social relevancy and makes it into art. By intentionally making DmC "bad" Ninja Theory have elevated the artistic quality of the game to a level that few games have ever reached.

DmC belongs in the Louvre along with all the other great works of non-Japanesey Western art.

Not sure is serious.
Or gold status trolling.