Its pretty funny how they make 9/11 some big thing in this game

#1Last_ClassicPosted 2/23/2013 6:34:10 PM
when compared to the things that happened in the Metal Gear series it seems like 9/11 just pales in comparison.
---
BECAUSE THATS HOW I ROLE!!!
http://i49.tinypic.com/2iiz6sj.gif
#2XGP15A226Posted 2/23/2013 6:35:09 PM
and how they mention Occupy as something relevent. these ppl have no clue about the US lol.
#3NeoAkujikiPosted 2/23/2013 6:35:31 PM
Yeah that was a little beat, like I know its a work of fiction but they're like "America is rotten" etc plus i killed all those cops in Denver lol
#4Rising_shadowPosted 2/23/2013 6:36:41 PM
Armstrong kinda mentions this in passing when he says that 50 guards are hardly worth going to start a war over. It's just the spark for a conflict that will lead to one. Let's face it, 9/11 isn't exactly the biggest terrorist strike ever, it's just the most high profile one. Even the Iraq War killed some 40000 civilians in two or three years and that was sparked from a lie.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#5vgman94Posted 2/23/2013 6:37:05 PM
Please. America makes 9/11 seem big. The atrocities America committed against Japan with Hiroshima and Nagasaki were far worse than any tragedy America experienced in it's 300 years by miles. America's culture is overall something of a drama queen. And this is coming from an American. I'm not saying 9/11 wasn't bad, but it certainly was a small strike compared to what could have and what still could happen to us.
#6TheSL1ClubPosted 2/23/2013 6:44:23 PM(edited)
America: We don't want Iran to have it's nuclear weapon

America: The only country to ever use a nuclear bomb on another country

Extremist? Yea Japan Bombed Pearl harbor, America leveled Hiroshima and give their citizens radioactive poisoning for generations to come.
#7ThatOneGuyStevePosted 2/23/2013 6:45:26 PM
vgman94 posted...
Please. America makes 9/11 seem big. The atrocities America committed against Japan with Hiroshima and Nagasaki were far worse than any tragedy America experienced in it's 300 years by miles. America's culture is overall something of a drama queen. And this is coming from an American. I'm not saying 9/11 wasn't bad, but it certainly was a small strike compared to what could have and what still could happen to us.

While I do somewhat agree with you, you're using a very bad example. Using atomic bomb strikes against an Axis power to end World War 2, started by Germany, whom Japan allied with, isn't quite the same as a terrorist event such as 9/11 which had no distinct instigation.
---
If murder were legal, I'd play the genocide game.
Official Steve
#8destructoclausPosted 2/23/2013 6:45:38 PM
vgman94 posted...

Did you forget that only happened because of, oh, I don't know, a little incident at Pearl Harbor?

Are you seriously suggesting that we brush off the beyond tragic deaths of 3000 innocent Americans because it could have been a lot worse?

Holy Jesus.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#9TheSL1ClubPosted 2/23/2013 6:49:52 PM(edited)
destructoclaus posted...
vgman94 posted...

Did you forget that only happened because of, oh, I don't know, a little incident at Pearl Harbor?

Are you seriously suggesting that we brush off the beyond tragic deaths of 3000 innocent Americans because it could have been a lot worse?

Holy Jesus.

Having a war and simply massacre with nuclear bombs are 2 different things. Have you seen the baby born with defects by having radioactive poisoning, that went on for generations.
#10caffiend7Posted 2/23/2013 6:49:38 PM
Just putting it out there, 9/11 was an act of terrorism while pearl harbor and the eventual bombing of japan was war. plus america asked for it. you don't say you're neutral and then start supplying the allies with weapons. both were bad and will never be forgotten but reasons behind them are different.