How to beat the Final Boss?

#1gohanman31Posted 2/24/2013 5:53:23 PM
I can't seem to beat the final boss in the game and keep dying during the battle. Please, give me some info on how to beat the Senator, ok. Thank You Very Much!
#2RevolverRezPosted 2/24/2013 5:57:51 PM
He's tough. I found that parrying isn't such a great idea, so use the dodge instead. stay close to him and hammer him as hard as you can. Luckily he likes standing around for a while between attacks. When he throws stuff at you, either get good at cutting accurately, or ninja run towards him to avoid it. When he glows green, get behind him and slash the square on his back in blade mode.
---
Marauder Shields. He tried to save us, but we killed him anyway. Honour his memory.
#3HailToTheGunPosted 2/24/2013 5:58:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmqk88lEd8w

Patience.
---
Hideo Kojima: "It's just a game."
#4destructoclausPosted 2/24/2013 5:59:00 PM
Abuse the dodge button. I find that dodging is far more beneficial than parrying during that fight. Armstrong foreshadows all of his attacks as badly as blade wolf does, so it should be easy to figure out what attack is coming your way. Just like the Sundowner fight, you can attack him CONSTANTLY, and I would recommend doing this. When you see that he is about to attack, stop mashing the attack buttons and be ready to dodge or parry. When he glows yellow, just dodge your way the hell out of there. You can keep spamming the dodge feature to get away from some of his attacks if you feel you need to. To close the distance to him, do forward, forward, triangle to dash at him and then keep striking.

If you're having problems with him throwing the metal at you, make sure you utilize all the time the game gives you to line up your cut. Believe me, there is plenty of it.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#5wallball5Posted 2/24/2013 5:59:12 PM
Attack his back and run away when he starts charging up attacks.
---
The next best game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQw_ojXBS9w
PSN and MGO: John_Relle
#6RevolverRezPosted 2/24/2013 6:00:16 PM
HailToTheGun posted...

Patience.

"How to beat the final boss (if you're on new game plus and have maxed out one of the better weapons)"

The video is not the best example for a first timer.
---
Marauder Shields. He tried to save us, but we killed him anyway. Honour his memory.
#7ColonelChikenPosted 2/24/2013 6:03:45 PM(edited)
destructoclaus posted...
Abuse the dodge button. I find that dodging is far more beneficial than parrying during that fight. Armstrong foreshadows all of his attacks as badly as blade wolf does, so it should be easy to figure out what attack is coming your way. Just like the Sundowner fight, you can attack him CONSTANTLY, and I would recommend doing this. When you see that he is about to attack, stop mashing the attack buttons and be ready to dodge or parry. When he glows yellow, just dodge your way the hell out of there. You can keep spamming the dodge feature to get away from some of his attacks if you feel you need to. To close the distance to him, do forward, forward, triangle to dash at him and then keep striking.

If you're having problems with him throwing the metal at you, make sure you utilize all the time the game gives you to line up your cut. Believe me, there is plenty of it.

Basically this. I literally just beat him myself with no nanopaste on hard mode so I had to make sure I got my dodges just right. If you have a good handle on dodging and his patterns, you can say up close and personal. Don't get careless though. Master the dodge and you will succeed.
---
Project Awakened. Look it up.
#8HailToTheGunPosted 2/24/2013 6:06:39 PM
RevolverRez posted...
HailToTheGun posted...

Patience.

"How to beat the final boss (if you're on new game plus and have maxed out one of the better weapons)"

The video is not the best example for a first timer.

Game mode and customization options are irrelevant - they just affect damage done/received. What matters is the actual combat tactics that she uses. I watched this video and noted the strategies mentioned in my first playthrough on Hard, and it served me well.
---
Hideo Kojima: "It's just a game."
#9Skull007o_OPosted 2/24/2013 6:19:33 PM
Just be careful when he's giving you his back, he has an elbow strike that is too fast compared to the rest of his attacks, and that can catch you off guard

You can also dodge that 'heat wave' he does (not the one that leaves fire) with a well-timed dodge, and it leaves you a good amount of time to counterattack

In the end it's just a matter of patience, I died like 20 times as well :d