Who could win a 1v1 duel, A Cyborg like Raiden or a Jedi from Star Wars?

#11TalkstoHimselfPosted 2/26/2013 1:05:37 AM(edited)
Starkiller is high-mid/low-high tier in the greater EU of star wars.
---
"Man You Come Straight Out Of A Comic Strip"-Bushido Brown to Huey before they fight
#12KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 1:06:02 AM
TalkstoHimself posted...
Starkiller is scrub tier in the greater EU of star wars.

False.
It has been confirmed as canon that he is the most powerful force user in the history of the universe.
We may not like that fact, but it's still canon.
---
People who complain about dubs shouldn't be allowed to speak the language that they are complaining about. If you love Japanese so much, stop butchering english
#13NeoAkujikiPosted 2/26/2013 1:06:39 AM
Hm a cortosis HF sword Raiden vs Jedi.

Thing is, if a dark sider used force lightning wouldn't that fry or reboot Raiden? Or at least melt the rest of his face?
#14TalkstoHimselfPosted 2/26/2013 1:09:12 AM(edited)
Where straight out where. Novelization of the Force Unleashed had him outright overpowered by the Emperor. Force Unleashed 2 was a clone and not the real Starkiller. His high end feats are nowhere near the top tiers.
---
"Man You Come Straight Out Of A Comic Strip"-Bushido Brown to Huey before they fight
#15obliviondollPosted 2/26/2013 1:10:15 AM
Hitman_67 posted...
If i remember right a Jedi is basically a future Samurai, they don't have super speed or strength.

They're often non-humans, and have inhuman capabilities, sometimes including faster movement/reaction times. Also, the Force can give them enhanced abilities of this variety, to varying degrees. In particular, they have reaction times WELL beyond even the possibilities of cyborg tech, thanks to their ability to instinctively see a short time into the future. Basically, they're like Psycho Mantis reading their opponent's actions, but often able to do so without needing to read your mind, so there's no way to counter like you had when going up against Mantis.

They are also somewhat slow with their swords, yet their sword can cut anything it touches.

Not even remotely close to true on the speed. Skilled users of lightsabers can move them easily fast enough - and precisely enough - to deflect projectiles moving at a similar speed to bullets, and even to block LIGHTNING as it approaches..

Raiden, as the Cyborg we play in MGR is very powerful. He can fall from high towers and live, move extremely fast, be cut/stabbed/etc and still live. Has a HF Blade that cuts anything like a sword from SW, however cannot come in contact with a sword from SW at the risk of being cut in half.

There are certain materials in the Star Wars universe that are resistant to Lightsaber strikes, and ways to protect weapons in such a way that they can block Lightsabers. It's conceivable (impossible to confirm though) for HF blades to be a similar enough tech that they'd be capable of blocking the strike. I'm leaning towards "no", but there's not a definitive answer to that one.

He has the AV* mode which lets him see in the dark and all enemies.

Balanced by Jedi/Sith abilities allowing them to sense the presence of any life form nearby, including cybernetically-enhanced beings as long as they have a brain.

With your own knowledge of the choices, who do you think would be victorious?

MOST known and named Jedi Masters or Sith Lords would be on an even footing against Raiden or Grey Fox. The less impressive ones (but still at that top rank within their respective hierarchy) would be at a slight disadvantage, and could technically run the risk of being defeated by a powerful human opponent. Some of the more powerful ones (particularly some of the more impressive Sith Lords like Darth Bane) would easily be capable of obliterating both Raiden and Grey Fox at the same time without much effort.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#16KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 1:13:32 AM
TalkstoHimself posted...
Where straight out where. Novelization of the Force Unleashed had him outright overpowered by the Emperor. Force Unleashed 2 was a clone and not the real Starkiller. His high end feats are nowhere near the top tiers.

I can't find the exact quote, but Lucas himself confirmed that Starkiller, given time to fully explore his powers, would be the most powerful force user in history.
I specifically remember because I thought it was stupid.
---
People who complain about dubs shouldn't be allowed to speak the language that they are complaining about. If you love Japanese so much, stop butchering english
#17obliviondollPosted 2/26/2013 1:13:52 AM
Kerrack posted...
TalkstoHimself posted...

False.
It has been confirmed as canon that he is the most powerful force user in the history of the universe.

It was mentioned pre-release that they wanted him to FEEL more powerful than any force user we've ever seen in the history of the Star Wars universe.

The only thing that really seals this is that none of the EU outside of movies is officially 100% canon except for the first Force Unleashed game. Anything outside of that one game and the movies is to be considered questionable.
---
#18obliviondollPosted 2/26/2013 1:15:05 AM
Kerrack posted...
TalkstoHimself posted...

I can't find the exact quote, but Lucas himself confirmed that Starkiller, given time to fully explore his powers, would be the most powerful force user in history.
I specifically remember because I thought it was stupid.

Which explicitly says he's NOT the most powerful Force user, just the one with the most potential.
---
#19KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 1:15:09 AM
obliviondoll posted...
Kerrack posted...
TalkstoHimself posted...

False.

It was mentioned pre-release that they wanted him to FEEL more powerful than any force user we've ever seen in the history of the Star Wars universe.

The only thing that really seals this is that none of the EU outside of movies is officially 100% canon except for the first Force Unleashed game. Anything outside of that one game and the movies is to be considered questionable.

Like I said before, it's REALLY dumb. But if GL says it's so, then unfortunately there's nothing we can do.
---
#20TalkstoHimselfPosted 2/26/2013 1:20:14 AM
Ah, know what? It doesn't even matter at the moment cause Disney owns Star Wars now and Canon is gonna change big time. Pretty much everything post-ROTJ is gonna be retconned with the new movies.
---