Who could win a 1v1 duel, A Cyborg like Raiden or a Jedi from Star Wars?

#21KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 1:21:04 AM
TalkstoHimself posted...
Ah, know what? It doesn't even matter at the moment cause Disney owns Star Wars now and Canon is gonna change big time. Pretty much everything post-ROTJ is gonna be retconned with the new movies.

Oh, man. I totally forgot about that.
That's either gonna be great or the worst thing ever.
It could go either way.
Probably the second one.
---
People who complain about dubs shouldn't be allowed to speak the language that they are complaining about. If you love Japanese so much, stop butchering english
#22TalkstoHimselfPosted 2/26/2013 1:24:57 AM
Well, it can't get any worse than with Lucas at the helm, right... right? <gets into fetal position>
---
"Man You Come Straight Out Of A Comic Strip"-Bushido Brown to Huey before they fight
#23KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 1:26:30 AM
WAIT A DAMN MINUTE.
Disney owns Star Wars AND Marvel now.
Kingdom Hearts 3.
Sora, Deadpool, and Luke team battle against Xehanort, Vader, and Magneto.
---
People who complain about dubs shouldn't be allowed to speak the language that they are complaining about. If you love Japanese so much, stop butchering english
#24SiLVeR_420Posted 2/26/2013 1:30:08 AM
Kerrack posted...
WAIT A DAMN MINUTE.
Disney owns Star Wars AND Marvel now.
Kingdom Hearts 3.
Sora, Deadpool, and Luke team battle against Xehanort, Vader, and Magneto.

Oh sh....MAKE IT HAPPEN Tetsuya Nomura!
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#25SAO_SouthernerPosted 2/26/2013 1:36:36 AM
An incredibly powerful force user wouldn't even need a weapon to kill a cyborg like Raiden. They can just think it and crush their body into a meat ball.
---
Want to watch a fat redneck do stupid crap? I do it for free. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7zTheJ1EQw
#26SAO_SouthernerPosted 2/26/2013 1:38:37 AM
Hitman_67 posted...
So who do you think could win in a one on one battle? At first i thought Jedi would right away, but then at the same time.. Raiden can move faster than a Jedi.

If i remember right a Jedi is basically a future Samurai, they don't have super speed or strength. But they do have the "Force", however the force drains their own personal power and after lifting something like a plane they get tired. They are also somewhat slow with their swords, yet their sword can cut anything it touches.

Raiden, as the Cyborg we play in MGR is very powerful. He can fall from high towers and live, move extremely fast, be cut/stabbed/etc and still live. Has a HF Blade that cuts anything like a sword from SW, however cannot come in contact with a sword from SW at the risk of being cut in half.

He has the AV* mode which lets him see in the dark and all enemies.

Gray Fox would be exactly like Raiden tech wise, but have his own FOX Blade and personal skills that are different than raidens.

With your own knowledge of the choices, who do you think would be victorious?

Actually they can use the force to increase many of their capabilities.

Super speed, strength, you name it.
---
Want to watch a fat redneck do stupid crap? I do it for free. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7zTheJ1EQw
#27KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 1:41:35 AM
SAO_Southerner posted...
Hitman_67 posted...
So who do you think could win in a one on one battle? At first i thought Jedi would right away, but then at the same time.. Raiden can move faster than a Jedi.

If i remember right a Jedi is basically a future Samurai, they don't have super speed or strength. But they do have the "Force", however the force drains their own personal power and after lifting something like a plane they get tired. They are also somewhat slow with their swords, yet their sword can cut anything it touches.

Raiden, as the Cyborg we play in MGR is very powerful. He can fall from high towers and live, move extremely fast, be cut/stabbed/etc and still live. Has a HF Blade that cuts anything like a sword from SW, however cannot come in contact with a sword from SW at the risk of being cut in half.

Gray Fox would be exactly like Raiden tech wise, but have his own FOX Blade and personal skills that are different than raidens.

This is true.
Also the ability to breathe in space.
Which is why in Force Unleashed 2, when Starkiller steals Vader's tie fighter in the first level, he is able to survive despite the fact that it has been explained multiple times that tie fighters do not have life support systems.
Jedi are basically space wizards.

Also lifting planes tires them out?
Starkiller once pulled a star destroyer from ORBIT and was only slightly winded afterwards.
---
#28SAO_SouthernerPosted 2/26/2013 1:41:44 AM
"Which of course comes down to pure skill and powers... and, well, you've seen the stuff Raiden puts up with in this game. Do you really think a jedi could stop him? (MAYBE one of the sith lords from the KOTOR subseries, but...)"

Absolutely. Darth Sideous could make black holes with the force.
---
#29SAO_SouthernerPosted 2/26/2013 1:42:54 AM
Kerrack posted...
SAO_Southerner posted...
Hitman_67 posted...

This is true.
Also the ability to breathe in space.
Which is why in Force Unleashed 2, when Starkiller steals Vader's tie fighter in the first level, he is able to survive despite the fact that it has been explained multiple times that tie fighters do not have life support systems.
Jedi are basically space wizards.

Also lifting planes tires them out?
Starkiller once pulled a star destroyer from ORBIT and was only slightly winded afterwards.

Nevermind he was only winded in the 360/PS3 version. The PS2/Wii/PSP version has him yank it down instantly then walk off like a boss.
---
#30SiLVeR_420Posted 2/26/2013 1:43:00 AM
Kerrack posted...
obliviondoll posted...
Kerrack posted...
TalkstoHimself posted...
Starkiller is scrub tier in the greater EU of star wars.

False.
It has been confirmed as canon that he is the most powerful force user in the history of the universe.
We may not like that fact, but it's still canon.

It was mentioned pre-release that they wanted him to FEEL more powerful than any force user we've ever seen in the history of the Star Wars universe.

The only thing that really seals this is that none of the EU outside of movies is officially 100% canon except for the first Force Unleashed game. Anything outside of that one game and the movies is to be considered questionable.

Like I said before, it's REALLY dumb. But if GL says it's so, then unfortunately there's nothing we can do.

Anything GL says dosent the highest level of the Star Wars canon...
Also everything in the EU is canon unless stated otherwise or retconned by a movie or game.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.