Who could win a 1v1 duel, A Cyborg like Raiden or a Jedi from Star Wars?

#31HyperProtomanXPosted 2/26/2013 12:53:11 AM
Nanomachines beat midichlorians.
---
Not changing this sig before cows fly!
#32obliviondollPosted 2/26/2013 12:54:38 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Also everything in the EU is canon unless stated otherwise or retconned by a movie or game.

Everything in EU is canon, unless it's not, basically. It's not set in stone 100% canon.

Like I said.

For all the EU stories to be canon, there were at least a half-dozen Leias, Hans and probably more than a dozen Lukes floating around in their Galaxy Far Far Away at some point, and at least 3 Leias have had the same sequence of children and given them the same names and they've all been running around as well. Also, a few characters have managed to die and reappear later without anyone questioning how or why they're back, with some of them being dead in one location while also alive in a completely different part of the galaxy. Almost every EU story that's set during or after the era of the movies has at least one character appearance that's contradicted by another story placing the same character elsewhere in the galaxy. As far as I know, nobody's gone through and defined with absolute certainty which of these appearances are the ACTUAL canon appearances in most cases.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#33KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 12:56:17 AM
obliviondoll posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Also everything in the EU is canon unless stated otherwise or retconned by a movie or game.

Everything in EU is canon, unless it's not, basically. It's not set in stone 100% canon.

Like I said.

For all the EU stories to be canon, there were at least a half-dozen Leias, Hans and probably more than a dozen Lukes floating around in their Galaxy Far Far Away at some point, and at least 3 Leias have had the same sequence of children and given them the same names and they've all been running around as well. Also, a few characters have managed to die and reappear later without anyone questioning how or why they're back, with some of them being dead in one location while also alive in a completely different part of the galaxy. Almost every EU story that's set during or after the era of the movies has at least one character appearance that's contradicted by another story placing the same character elsewhere in the galaxy. As far as I know, nobody's gone through and defined with absolute certainty which of these appearances are the ACTUAL canon appearances in most cases.

All of that can be explained easily.
Think of the books as rumors being spread by people who have hear of those characters.
Legendary heroes are often "seen" in multiple places simultaneously.
---
People who complain about dubs shouldn't be allowed to speak the language that they are complaining about. If you love Japanese so much, stop butchering english
#34obliviondollPosted 2/26/2013 1:00:24 AM
Kerrack posted...
obliviondoll posted...
As far as I know, nobody's gone through and defined with absolute certainty which of these appearances are the ACTUAL canon appearances in most cases.

Think of the books as rumors being spread by people who have hear of those characters.

Indeed.

Back PROPERLY on-topic though, the Jedi/Sith vs. MG Cyborg Ninja fight would depend heavily on which specific Jedi or Ninja you're dealing with. Unless you're talking Sith Lord/Jedi Master, the Cyborg Ninja would (probably) win, and even at that top level, there are enough variations in ability that some would be vulnerable against Raiden or Grey Fox.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#35KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 1:01:15 AM
obliviondoll posted...
Kerrack posted...
obliviondoll posted...
As far as I know, nobody's gone through and defined with absolute certainty which of these appearances are the ACTUAL canon appearances in most cases.

Indeed.

Back PROPERLY on-topic though, the Jedi/Sith vs. MG Cyborg Ninja fight would depend heavily on which specific Jedi or Ninja you're dealing with. Unless you're talking Sith Lord/Jedi Master, the Cyborg Ninja would (probably) win, and even at that top level, there are enough variations in ability that some would be vulnerable against Raiden or Grey Fox.

Yeah. This.
Though anyone significantly broken enough would probably just force throw Raiden into space.
---
People who complain about dubs shouldn't be allowed to speak the language that they are complaining about. If you love Japanese so much, stop butchering english
#36Raven_ShikumiPosted 2/26/2013 1:20:41 AM
You can't dodge the Force... it doesn't work that way, they aren't throwing fireballs.

The hand motion is just for show. There are examples of Force users killing people they can't even physically see.

Things like lightning could be dodged or deflected, but... you just can't dodge telekinesis.

Also, not sure where people get the idea that Jedi are slow... because they aren't, they can definitely move faster than Raiden has been shown to be capable of.

Raiden is going to lose if it's against a Jedi Master or Sith Lord worth their salt. Even more so if it's a named Sith Lord/Jedi Master.

If you said "No offensive force powers" then it might be interesting, if the HF blade can block a lightsaber, but it's not cortosis weave and so... it can't.

Raiden would need to get the drop on them... good luck there, and in a fair fight his odds diminish rapidly, it comes down to whoever gets the first hit, since blocking is the last thing he'll want to do.

And I actually like Raiden more than anyone from this Star Wars crap.
---
Mowowowow.
#37KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 1:27:24 AM(edited)
Raven_Shikumi posted...
You can't dodge the Force... it doesn't work that way, they aren't throwing fireballs.

The hand motion is just for show. There are examples of Force users killing people they can't even physically see.

Things like lightning could be dodged or deflected, but... you just can't dodge telekinesis.

Also, not sure where people get the idea that Jedi are slow... because they aren't, they can definitely move faster than Raiden has been shown to be capable of.

Raiden is going to lose if it's against a Jedi Master or Sith Lord worth their salt. Even more so if it's a named Sith Lord/Jedi Master.

If you said "No offensive force powers" then it might be interesting, if the HF blade can block a lightsaber, but it's not cortosis weave and so... it can't.

Raiden would need to get the drop on them... good luck there, and in a fair fight his odds diminish rapidly, it comes down to whoever gets the first hit, since blocking is the last thing he'll want to do.

And I actually like Raiden more than anyone from this Star Wars crap.

You most certainly CAN dodge telekinesis.
There have been multiple times where force grab has failed to connect because someone managed to get out of the area the jedi was aiming at.
The not being able to see them thing is not impressive when you take into account that they could sense them with the force.
I never said that they were slow, but being able to get a lock on a target running sixty + miles an hour is nigh impossible for the human mind to do.
It's like trying to focus on a single window of a car going by on the opposite side of the highway.
Also, a person with high enough willpower can even resist the physical force abilities like push, grab, etc. and Raiden has been established as being one of the strongest willed people in all of Metal Gear.

---
#38NeoAkujikiPosted 2/26/2013 1:27:24 AM
Interesting, yeah I'm not sure if he could beat Darth Nihilus

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Nihilus

The dude is pretty much a dark side spirit / wraith
#39KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 1:28:44 AM(edited)
NeoAkujiki posted...

Oh I have no doubt that there are force users who could take Raiden down, I am however, saying that they would have to be of the highest tiers of force user to do so.
And Nihilus certainly qualifies.
---
#40SiLVeR_420Posted 2/26/2013 1:29:50 AM
NeoAkujiki posted...

I don't think he could beat Exar Kunn.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.