Who could win a 1v1 duel, A Cyborg like Raiden or a Jedi from Star Wars?

#51KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 2:51:46 AM
kabasa posted...
I doubt Raiden or anyone from MG could take on any Jedi/Sith master. Some of the stuff they can do is just going into God territory.

Depends on the individual jedi/sith.
---
People who complain about dubs shouldn't be allowed to speak the language that they are complaining about. If you love Japanese so much, stop butchering english
#52NeoAkujikiPosted 2/26/2013 2:54:54 AM(edited)
Yeah Darth Bane did have those indestructible orbalisk parasite things over his skin that could not be cracked or removed by any weapons in existence, including lightsabers - damn that was cool as hell !
#53obliviondollPosted 2/26/2013 3:31:17 AM
NeoAkujiki posted...
Yeah Darth Bane did have those indestructible orbalisk parasite things over his skin that could not be cracked or removed by any weapons in existence, including lightsabers - damn that was cool as hell !

They came off before the end of the second book, and they'd probably be a liability against Raiden. When they're electrocuted in an uncontrolled manner, it kills them and their death spills poison into the host's body. Raiden's HF blades, all of which are electrically charged, would probably be more effective that a Lightsaber against Obalisks.

He learns a lot about his power during that time though, and the Orbalisks have an added side effect of destabilising his mental state, so post-Orbalisk Darth Bane is even more dangerous than he was with them as armour. He's physically more vulnerable, but he's smarter, more cautious, and more likely to just get down to the business of killing a dangerous enemy.

A strong-willed person/alien can resist Force powers to a certain degree, but not as effectively as a Jedi Sith apprentice. Darth Bane has been shown several times to be capable of crushing other Force users even when he's in a weakened state (or barely starting his training) and the opponent is more experienced than him and totally fresh with their protection at its peak.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#54NolaxPosted 2/26/2013 4:19:10 AM
Whoever gets the first hit.
#55J2006Posted 2/26/2013 4:27:46 AM
How about this fatal 4-way:
fully upgraded Raiden from MGR:R
Darth Bane at the height of his power from SW EU novels
Dovahkiin with all shouts from Skyrim
Corvo Attano with all & upgraded powers from Dishonored
---
"You will be judged by what you succeed at, not by what you attempt."
#56obliviondollPosted 2/26/2013 4:37:48 AM
J2006 posted...
How about this fatal 4-way:
fully upgraded Raiden from MGR:R
Darth Bane at the height of his power from SW EU novels
Dovahkiin with all shouts from Skyrim
Corvo Attano with all & upgraded powers from Dishonored

Raiden's horribly outmatched by all of the other three in this contest.

And the Dovahkiin is the weakest of the other 3.

The fight would either start with Corvo killing Darth Bane, or end with Darth Bane killing Corvo. Either way, it would be VERY interesting to see.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#57SlaynPosted 2/26/2013 4:52:53 AM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker

"The Battle of Yuuzhan'tar had begun. Luke and the Solo twins fought through the Sacred Precinct, and the team entered the Citadel with Jacen's help. There, Luke led the assault to the top level, slaying warrior after warrior. The Jedi Master became a calm maelstrom of Force energy, surrendering his individual personality to the Force and becoming the embodiment of its will. Neither Jaina nor Jacen were able to perceive their Uncle as he moved faster then even their Jedi senses could follow, calmly ripping through scores of elite Yuuzhan Vong warriors as Luke Skywalker's massive power was unleashed."

Yeah, gonna give it to the EU Jedi. The movie Jedi? Meh probably not.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#58AuthorNumber2Posted 2/26/2013 5:07:18 AM
KiraYamatoDaMan posted...
Seeing into the future is good and all but unless you're packing insane reflexes like Yoda, normal Jedis are just fodder for raiden.

This
#59DamarasPosted 2/26/2013 5:16:48 AM
obliviondoll posted...
Kerrack posted...
TalkstoHimself posted...
Starkiller is scrub tier in the greater EU of star wars.

False.
It has been confirmed as canon that he is the most powerful force user in the history of the universe.
We may not like that fact, but it's still canon.

It was mentioned pre-release that they wanted him to FEEL more powerful than any force user we've ever seen in the history of the Star Wars universe.

The only thing that really seals this is that none of the EU outside of movies is officially 100% canon except for the first Force Unleashed game. Anything outside of that one game and the movies is to be considered questionable.

That was for the gameplay, smart one.
#60HellsControllerPosted 2/26/2013 5:28:27 AM
Back before he sold it, the great Flanneled one said that Luke/Anakin had the highest force potential ever. Palpatine was also the strongest sith lord ever. Something along the lines that the Skywalker men would be twice as powerful as Palpatine should they reach their full potential. Vader in his suit was only 80% of Palpatine.

Who knows how that will change come episode 7.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.