Who could win a 1v1 duel, A Cyborg like Raiden or a Jedi from Star Wars?

#61TheEvilOmegaPosted 2/26/2013 5:33:36 AM
You're all forgetting one very important thing in this fight between Raiden and Jedi...

Raiden is willing to do what Jedi aren't.

Also, you can totally outrun the force. It's a manipulation of the physical world. If a Jedi can't focus on Raiden because he's moving so fast, then they can't do much to him. Plus, being a cyborg, he's probably harder to sense and his mind wouldn't certainly be more difficult to detect. Sure, they can move as fast as he does with Force augmentation, but in a head-on clash of blades, Raiden doesn't give two **** about losing a limb if it means getting the kill. Sure, he'd prefer to avoid it, but it isn't like his limbs aren't replaceable in a short span of time.

Plus, Grievous slaughtered Jedi wholesale, and he's not as powerful as Raiden is.

Though I will concede that a powerful force user like Exar Kun would mop the floor with Raiden's broken and battered corpse.
---
"You've got a real problem, alright! And a Banjo is the only answer!" -Pinkie Pie
#62Dragoon of InfinityPosted 2/26/2013 5:51:32 AM
Darth Vader is also a cyborg. never stopped Luke from sensing him.

And, honestly, Jedi lose arms in the movies like normal people lose their keys. So I'm not sure that was the best comparison.
---
Praise the sun!
#63Ultima_Weapon33Posted 2/26/2013 5:57:56 AM
Raiden cuts all of them into bits with one slide-Blade Mode.

Raiden wins.
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#64obliviondollPosted 2/26/2013 6:02:26 AM
Damaras posted...
obliviondoll posted...
It was mentioned pre-release that they wanted him to FEEL more powerful than any force user we've ever seen in the history of the Star Wars universe.

The only thing that really seals this is that none of the EU outside of movies is officially 100% canon except for the first Force Unleashed game. Anything outside of that one game and the movies is to be considered questionable.

That was for the gameplay, smart one.

It was for Starkiller's capabilities as represented in gameplay versus EVERYTHING ELSE that's been seen in the Star Wars universe (which was basically the 6 movies and a few games at the time). And you're missing my other comment a few posts later when more information was provided:

obliviondoll posted...
Kerrack posted...
I can't find the exact quote, but Lucas himself confirmed that Starkiller, given time to fully explore his powers, would be the most powerful force user in history.
I specifically remember because I thought it was stupid.

Which explicitly says he's NOT the most powerful Force user, just the one with the most potential.

Have you got an answer to that comment as well?
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#65Shadow CloudPosted 2/26/2013 6:34:40 AM
How would Raiden escape a force grip?
#66MEFreak1984Posted 2/26/2013 6:51:25 AM
Kerrack posted...
Depends.
Is the hf blade made with a Cortosis weave?
Because in that case Cyborg Raiden would win.
Also, in Star Wars, why didn't General Grievous just have his entire BODY made of cortosis weave metal?
Seriously.
WHY?

Isn't Cortosis extremely rare? If it was a common metal, then wouldn't soldiers have armor made from it? I know in Jedi Outcast, the Shadow Troopers had Cortosis Armor.
---
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
#67obliviondollPosted 2/26/2013 6:51:42 AM
Shadow Cloud posted...

He wouldn't.

Against a Jedi, he wouldn't have to because it's a Sith power anyway.
Against a Sith he'd have to keep moving and hope he's fast enough that they can't keep up.

Force Powers still have to be aimed, and against a target strong-willed enough to make it hard to read their thoughts, that would be a difficult challenge even for some Sith Lords.

Plenty of characters in the Star Wars universe who could just use a Force Push that's powerful enough to knock Raiden into orbit, or do something else so stupidly overpowered that it's like dropping a nuke to kill a hamster, but there are a good few Jedi Masters and Sith Lords who would struggle against an opponent like Raiden as well.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#68sith_acolyte15Posted 2/26/2013 6:54:06 AM
obliviondoll posted...
Shadow Cloud posted...

He wouldn't.

Against a Jedi, he wouldn't have to because it's a Sith power anyway.

It really isn't.
---
This is the Internet; you can't use popularity to prove something is good unless it's something I actually like.
#69_denizen_Posted 2/26/2013 6:59:46 AM
The force is a matter of how strong the mind is so Raiden will win. If you a Jedi was to use the force on Raiden then it will be a battle of will, if Raiden's mind is weaker then Jedi wins but Raiden has Jack the Ripper with an incredible will. So the force wouldn't really affect Raiden.
#70lokithefoolPosted 2/26/2013 7:00:22 AM
Jedi's can see the future, telekinesis, light saber, and lightening.

Raiden has super human reflexes, super human strength, HF Blade, and lightening.

Hmm this is actually a hard one, but I would like to point out that Darth Vader does have Cybernetic enhancement.