So what makes Sam so cool? (SPOILERS)

#11TalkstoHimselfPosted 2/26/2013 9:23:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12tizimin9Posted 2/26/2013 9:24:25 AM
KMAnsem posted...
He's refreshing. In a world where cyborgs, Metal Gears, and UGs of all shapes and sizes have become commonplace, it's actually really cool to see a normal guy stand up against them all.

He's also pretty sympathetic, since he's not a part of Armstrong's machinations -- he's not even technically part of Desperado. They way he shows Raiden that all his enemies are people, too, seems manipulative and cruel at first, but in the end, it really just serves to underline how human he is. It shows that he sympathizes with even the common grunts, and that's kind of endearing, when even our hero was willing to toss their lives away without a thought.

And this. He's the only guy who seems to show even a little bit of human empathy for the countless cyborgs who were just trying to save up enough cash to bring Ma to the States.
---
I play until my eyes bleed.
PSN: Itzimna
#13KMAnsemPosted 2/26/2013 9:24:27 AM
To speak on her, that's exactly what I mean. Everyone likes her in game, so it's like Hideo is trying to force you to like her. The whole ending was about her. People say they cried, I was just bored. I felt nothing for her.

I actually agree with this. I would have thought The Boss was awesome from her feats alone, but when every character won't stop saying, "SHE WAS THE BEST PERSON EVER," you start to kind of get sick of her.
---
"I once got a spam email entitled 'SIX STEPS TO A GREAT CAREER.' I was really disappointed when it wasn't an ad for revolvers." - todaystomsawyer
#14KMAnsemPosted 2/26/2013 9:24:27 AM
To speak on her, that's exactly what I mean. Everyone likes her in game, so it's like Hideo is trying to force you to like her. The whole ending was about her. People say they cried, I was just bored. I felt nothing for her.

I actually agree with this. I would have thought The Boss was awesome from her feats alone, but when every character won't stop saying, "SHE WAS THE BEST PERSON EVER," you start to kind of get sick of her.
---
"I once got a spam email entitled 'SIX STEPS TO A GREAT CAREER.' I was really disappointed when it wasn't an ad for revolvers." - todaystomsawyer
#15TalkstoHimselfPosted 2/26/2013 9:25:30 AM
KMAnsem posted...
He's refreshing. In a world where cyborgs, Metal Gears, and UGs of all shapes and sizes have become commonplace, it's actually really cool to see a normal guy stand up against them all.

He's also pretty sympathetic, since he's not a part of Armstrong's machinations -- he's not even technically part of Desperado. They way he shows Raiden that all his enemies are people, too, seems manipulative and cruel at first, but in the end, it really just serves to underline how human he is. It shows that he sympathizes with even the common grunts, and that's kind of endearing, when even our hero was willing to toss their lives away without a thought.

Very nicely put.
---
"Man You Come Straight Out Of A Comic Strip"-Bushido Brown to Huey before they fight
#16DJ_0000Posted 2/26/2013 9:36:31 AM(edited)
He was pretty hyped in the pre-release trailers but ended up being a bit disappointing to me, his fight is pretty fun but his character didn't deliver. At the beginning he had the amusing charm ("Mind if I cut in" lol) but he didn't follow up on that promise, for the rest of the game he just spouts the usual "you're just as bad as I am" crap. .

I was really surprised to see Sundowner as the main guy at Depsperado actually, I thought he was a first boss at best from the previews, meanwhile Sam is nothing more than hired muscle.
#17Heyjose25pointsPosted 2/26/2013 9:37:31 AM
Sundowner i found easy after you exploit his battle pattern. Sam's pattern is also easy BUT his attacks do alot more damage.

Sam is cool cuz:

1) The only person besides the boss in any metal gear game who actually bested the protagonist officially.

2) Looks similar to Vamp which is def not a bad thing.

3) Was like the antithesis to Raiden which was very intriguing.

4) Despite being just hired muscle for Desperado, they all respected his power and knew he was stronger than them.

5) His relationship with Bladewolf was nice and how his blade was what helped Raiden beat Armstrong.

Only downside is i wish he had more screen time :) Wish Monsoon was also fleshed out more, him and Raiden seemed to have a little rivalry going on too.
#18Dice_HazardPosted 2/26/2013 9:44:59 AM
gna647 posted...
Idk how you CAN'T like the boss

Almost every single character in MGS3 adores the boss. Volgin likes the boss. Ocelot likes the boss. Snake and Zero are fanatical about the boss. She has the cobra unit backing her up.

She's the toughest, badass, most charismatic soldier in the MGS universe. SHE'S THE BOSS.

word
---
PSN: Dice_Hazard
#19WingZero0782Posted 2/26/2013 9:54:24 AM
He's Raiden's rival and kicked hiss ass in the prologue.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
DCUO Name: Techno Knight, Level: 30, Server: Crossfire, League: TheGothamKnights.
#20cobra187Posted 2/26/2013 10:08:54 AM
i find him cool mainly because he was once Maurice Chavez in Vice City lol