GOW Ascension demo has better level design then the entire MGR game

#1ResidentGear31Posted 2/26/2013 9:08:10 PM
First off, i love Metal Gear. Its one of the favorites game series, see my user name, but the level design in MGR is atrocious and uninspired.

The game consists of bland hallways and outdoor areas and theres isnt one memorable environment or one in which i stopped to look around in awe.

The level design and creativity of the GOWA demo trumps the entire MGR game! So while i did enjoy MGR it wasnt without its severe flaws.
#2megamaticsPosted 2/26/2013 9:09:08 PM
Who cares about Aesthetics ?

The gameplay is what keeps you coming back for more. If you want an art show then go stare at a painting.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#3KerrackPosted 2/26/2013 9:10:11 PM(edited)
The level design makes sense though.
Platinum had very little time to work on this so they just figured "Make it simple and easy to navigate"
If you want an art show then go stare at a painting.

Or go play El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron.
---
Simon the Digger ams the bestest Metal Gear.
#4sworderPosted 2/26/2013 9:11:00 PM
then go to the GOW board, no one here cares about pretty buildings or whatever
#5VOIDPosted 2/26/2013 9:11:56 PM
Cool story bro?
The internet thanks you for your opinion?
---
Currently craving: Tenchu sequel, SSX sequel.
#6jesterj7Posted 2/26/2013 9:13:00 PM
im downloading that demo right now. i can't believe that it's 4 gigs. better be nice
---
XBL: Outlaw BLz
#7EbolatasticPosted 2/26/2013 9:13:24 PM
Every metal Gear is pretty much just corridors and hallways. Whatevs. Good level design is about making stages that suit the gameplay perfectly.
#8ResidentGear31(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 9:17:24 PM
Ebolatastic posted...
Every metal Gear is pretty much just corridors and hallways. Whatevs. Good level design is about making stages that suit the gameplay perfectly.

Besides the final level of MGS4, each act was beautiful and a joy to navigate and just stare and that was released 5 years ago. Im sorry but the level design of MGR is just plain old dull.
#9Jarred623Posted 2/26/2013 9:20:02 PM
Who cares?
You're supposed to be cutting **** up.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#10XxPoster_BoyxXPosted 2/26/2013 9:20:06 PM
ResidentGear31 posted...
Ebolatastic posted...

Besides the final level of MGS4, each act was beautiful and a joy to navigate and just stare and that was released 5 years ago. Im sorry but the level design of MGR is just plain old dull.

The Level design may be dull, but I've been having too much fun to really notice :)
---
Eh?