Did anyone feel that... (Spoilers)

#1vgman94Posted 2/27/2013 1:32:39 PM
... The line "Nanomachines, Son!" Came across more as threatening than funny? I saw it expecting it to feel silly. But the context of it made it feel like it was a superior and far more dangerous technology than Raiden's body. And considering his terrifying powers, I think it was justified. However the overall scenes were more funny than not and a lot of other lines were hilarious in my opinion.
#2Ace10of27SpadesPosted 2/27/2013 1:33:48 PM
I respect that line. Legendary.
---
Nanomachines, son!
#3maddawg223Posted 2/27/2013 1:35:18 PM
Probably the best line in the series now
---
Xbox GT- MaDDawg223
UMvC team- Wesker, Taskmaster, Dante
#4BlackSheepWallsPosted 2/27/2013 1:37:50 PM
The guy is pretty threatening himself. He looks kind of uninspired the 1st time, but he is like a better version of Wesker. I also like the copied terminator theme in the fistfight.
#5volXPosted 2/27/2013 1:41:52 PM
Sure its threatening, I think thats how the senator himself means it.
But at the same time the sentence shows the self awareness of platinum in this.
Actually, when i first came to this board, a few days before i got the game i thought "nanomachines, son!" referred to the genral use of nanomachines in the Metal Gear stories to explain stuff.
#6vgman94(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 1:45:44 PM
volX posted...
Sure its threatening, I think thats how the senator himself means it.
But at the same time the sentence shows the self awareness of platinum in this.
Actually, when i first came to this board, a few days before i got the game i thought "nanomachines, son!" referred to the genral use of nanomachines in the Metal Gear stories to explain stuff.

I for a while thought it was a joke and was going to assume it to be a silly line or even a myth. But not only was it threatening, but it also showed self-awareness of the nanotechnology used in MGS4 for Naomi and Vamp. It's kind of scary to think that evolving, healing nanomachines that grant strength and speed may compete with Cyborgification. I thought it'd be a wall-breaking line. But nope, it's saying "Remember the tech from MGS4? Look what it can do now!". I kind of liked how it was different from what I expected.
#7KeJo6Posted 2/27/2013 1:46:59 PM
That line, much like that entire boss sequence, is a total joke
---
Do not delude yourself, wretched fool!
PSN: KeJo13