So, how much did Raiden cut off? (Spoilers)

#1Parukia256Posted 2/27/2013 5:41:10 PM
Did he seriously cut off like half of George's torso?
---
NANOMACHINES, SON.
#2Gold_SonPosted 2/27/2013 5:42:58 PM
I think he sliced between the barrel of the gun and george's face.

Which led to clean abodomen shot of the doctor and the left side of george's body. Probably shoulder area.
#3soothsayer77Posted 2/27/2013 5:45:27 PM
That part seemed real weird to me. Considering blade mode gives you the ability to cut things with intense precision. When they were struggling, it seemed like if I was in control I could've just sliced off the dude's head.

But I guess it was to show that "the ripper" doesn't give a ****.
#4tehheadPosted 2/27/2013 5:46:41 PM
George kept his pen**
that's a good thing i guess
#5ZetgobPosted 2/27/2013 5:47:27 PM
Data storage 11 has a drawing of him in prosthetics without a shirt, it has everything except his left shoulder up to his head in prosthesis. I thought they said it was only his arm in game, but if the art is right (and they didn't change it to tone down the damage) then yeah, he cut diagonally on his torso and they only saved the upper half.
#6RAYClovisPosted 2/27/2013 5:52:32 PM
In one of the codecs afterward with Doktor, he comments on how well you've preserved George's lower body and that he'll be able to still make children later. So... yeah.
---
~†Sinistral of Death†~
~†Fanaticism Tamed†~
#7GenjutsuCrowPosted 2/27/2013 5:53:33 PM
tehhead posted...
George kept his pen**

No, It's not.
---
The official Waifu of N.
White 2 friend code: 0390 6599 5528
#8zeldashoPosted 2/27/2013 6:06:54 PM
tehhead posted...
George kept his pen**

No, Raiden kept his lower half lol.

From the looks of it, he pretty much took everything off of George above the belly button except one of his arms.

Probably one of the oddest scenes for me too. He had SOOO many options, yet he just decides to wreck the kid for life.
---
GT:OmegaXP PSN:SgtWiggles WiiU:SgtWiggles
Now Playing: P4A, PS All Stars, Etrian Odyssey 3, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, Ni No Kuni, MH Tri, Persona 4 Golden
#9MelvinX93Posted 2/27/2013 6:19:21 PM
zeldasho posted...
tehhead posted...
George kept his pen**

No, Raiden kept his lower half lol.

From the looks of it, he pretty much took everything off of George above the belly button except one of his arms.

Probably one of the oddest scenes for me too. He had SOOO many options, yet he just decides to wreck the kid for life.

Jack doesn't care. That's why. xD
---
PSN: MxWhiteKnight (Please include GFaqs in your message if not, it will be ignored)
#10BarakahPosted 2/27/2013 6:20:02 PM
I didn't even realize he'd done this until I saw George at the end. I was like "Wait.. WTF happened to him?".

I honestly just assumed that Raiden had sliced past him, and only asked "are you sure about this George?" because he knew he'd be taking a risk. Not because he intended to mutilate him lol.

What I find most ridiculous about this is that, with the way the doctor was holding George, Raiden could easily have cut clean through his head and right arm without going anywhere near George. Hell, I could have done it better. With a bread knife.

Also slightly off topic: they had that bit in the VR demo where you had to cut through targets who were holding hostages.. Wouldn't this section of the game have been a perfect place to put that into action? As things stand it isn't used at all.