First playthrough... 4:13???

#1NoGood56erPosted 3/3/2013 2:36:54 AM
Am I missing something?! I get this game has awesome replay value, and I will play it again. But this is a short game. I think playing DmC took me twice as long, and Metal Gear games are supposed to be long! I am dissapoint. Great game otherwise.
---
"This is great, I'm gonna get nice and drunk... play some video-games till my eyes bleed."
#2GirgantePosted 3/3/2013 2:38:54 AM
Note that it does not count retries(i.e. when you die and continue) or cut-scene time. Usually games count this, that's why the final time seems longer. I mean, it is a short game, but the timer fools you into thinking it's shorter than it actually is.
---
No matter what happens, there will be a solution when it happens. - Yoh Asakura, Shaman King
PSN: Girgante; WoW: Zepheldir, Death Knight, Sporeggar EU
#3Chaos2FrozenPosted 3/3/2013 2:39:22 AM
NoGood56er posted...
Am I missing something?! I get this game has awesome replay value, and I will play it again. But this is a short game. I think playing DmC took me twice as long, and Metal Gear games are supposed to be long! I am dissapoint. Great game otherwise.

Have you checked your save file timer?
#4PhaildPosted 3/3/2013 2:39:40 AM
The game time does not take into account repeated attempts, cutscenes or codec conversations.

And no, Metal Gear games are not long. You are misinformed.
---
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 10 days
Show me a good time, Jack.
#5Link_AJPosted 3/3/2013 2:40:38 AM
yeah, it only adds the time you took to complete all gameplay segments, discarding the times you died
#6NoGood56er(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 2:48:21 AM
Phaild posted...
The game time does not take into account repeated attempts, cutscenes or codec conversations.

And no, Metal Gear games are not long. You are misinformed.

I have played mgs 1-4, and were all longer with better fleshed out stories. Heck, mgs4's final cut scene is over an hour long. They aren't long compared to rpgs, but comparing them to most games in the action and/or stealth genre, they are on the long end of the spectrum.

my final save file says 4:45. I died once at the last boss, so I know retries aren't an issue, and the cut scenes couldn't have totaled more than an hour. Barely 30 min I'd wager. 5 hour long metal gear game is disappointing.
---
"This is great, I'm gonna get nice and drunk... play some video-games till my eyes bleed."
#7PhaildPosted 3/3/2013 2:52:10 AM
And that's exactly the average time it takes to complete one.
---
#8TearsfoUniversePosted 3/3/2013 2:56:25 AM
here is all the cutscenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLL3MVki46U

and it clocks in around two hours
---
Did you listen to the conversation...? - X-iiLoopii
nope not really, his face expression while he was doing that, creeped me out. - Lt_Quattro
#9PhaildPosted 3/3/2013 2:57:58 AM
So we know for a fact that TC has played 7 hours and claims it short by Metal Gear standards.
---
#10NoGood56er(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 2:58:37 AM
Phaild posted...
And that's exactly the average time it takes to complete one.

skipping cut scenes and knowing your way through the game. Not on your first play through. So yes. Average play time when all cut scenes are skipped, you have a general knowledge of where to go and what to do. My first mgs3 save file is 9 hrs. My second is 4. Same for mgs4. So I would assume that this game would have lasted me at least 8 on my first play through.

I'm not saying it was bad. I loved it. The combat was tight and intense, but the story was lame, and very short. Don't deny it, its pointless. It was a short and disappointing story, instead of the epic storylines that the mgs series started to create.
---