Jetstream Sam fight- WTHuh?(**possible spoilers**)

#1teioh_5Posted 3/6/2013 12:04:50 PM
Okay then,Mistral takes me a few times to get past. Monsoon kicked my behind for days before I beat him(had to look up how to through Lorentz force,I'll admit.) Took me a day to figure how to beat Sundowner(it was actually easier than I thought). Then I fight Sam,do the QTE stab in the chest,...and I take him out the first time? How is he actually easier? Did I miss something?
#2marsh90Posted 3/6/2013 12:51:01 PM
Sam is pretty easy. One of the easier fights in the game if you know how to exploit him. He doesn't dodge Bloodlust attacks. Plus he just stands there. Charge that **** up, slash, watch his health drop.
#3TheAlmightyPoePosted 3/6/2013 1:10:13 PM
marsh90 posted...
Sam is pretty easy. One of the easier fights in the game if you know how to exploit him. He doesn't dodge Bloodlust attacks. Plus he just stands there. Charge that **** up, slash, watch his health drop.

rofl thats how i ended up beating him after two hours of fails
---
"RAWR! I'm a vicious aminal"
#4GreenKnight127Posted 3/6/2013 1:18:22 PM
Yeah, the boss battles in this game have very strange and unpredictable difficulty.

The first boss was a cakewalk once you realize those explosive barrels are almost intentionally placed to kill her with ease.

Monsoon was probably the hardest fight in the game.

Sundowner was EASY as hell! WTF!? I thought I was cheating or something! He is so slow, and when he uses his shield...it's soooo easy to still hit him.

Sam was fast, but if you've mastered parrying by then (which you SHOULD have!) he's a total joke.

The final boss was probably the best in the game. He was hard, but not as hard as monsoon. By the end of the game, you should know all the mechanics by now, and you need to use ALL of them.

Easily one of the best final bosses in any game I've played in a long time!
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#5marsh90Posted 3/6/2013 1:50:31 PM
GreenKnight127 posted...
Yeah, the boss battles in this game have very strange and unpredictable difficulty.

The first boss was a cakewalk once you realize those explosive barrels are almost intentionally placed to kill her with ease.

Monsoon was probably the hardest fight in the game.

Sundowner was EASY as hell! WTF!? I thought I was cheating or something! He is so slow, and when he uses his shield...it's soooo easy to still hit him.

Sam was fast, but if you've mastered parrying by then (which you SHOULD have!) he's a total joke.

The final boss was probably the best in the game. He was hard, but not as hard as monsoon. By the end of the game, you should know all the mechanics by now, and you need to use ALL of them.

Easily one of the best final bosses in any game I've played in a long time!

Agree with everything you said. Had so much fun on the final boss. I also think Monsoon is the hardest fight in the game, but I still find fighting him tons of fun. Especially since I love the song that plays, Stains of Time.
#6TheAlmightyPoePosted 3/6/2013 2:24:22 PM
wow, that's weird. I thought monsoon was a joke. He was too easy.

My trouble was with sam.
---
#7Gen2000Posted 3/6/2013 2:28:39 PM
Unfortunately Sam's fight doesn't live up to supposed rivalry build up (or lack of).

That whole Phase where he has no sword is awful, should have redesigned that part. He actually becomes worse during that time. Lately when I fight him I avoid knocking his sword away just to keep the fight more interesting (plus the vocals stays in as long as Sam is holding the sword).
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#8marsh90Posted 3/6/2013 2:36:12 PM
TheAlmightyPoe posted...

My trouble was with sam.

My trouble with Monsoon is when he gets below 40% health. Basically when the lyrics in the song kick in. His moveset changes and it throws me off. I can get him down to 40% on revengeance without taking any dmg. From there on it gets tricky lol. Sai makes Monsoon waaayy easier though. Even with Sai I find him more troublesome than the rest.
#9DullahansXMarkPosted 3/6/2013 2:40:33 PM
TheAlmightyPoe posted...

My trouble was with sam.

My trouble was with Sundowner, amazingly. Mistral and Monsoon were beaten on my first tries. I think Sam might've killed me once, though.

On the other hand, I wasn't buying upgrades, so...
#10TheAlmightyPoePosted 3/6/2013 2:44:07 PM
marsh90 posted...
TheAlmightyPoe posted...

My trouble was with sam.

My trouble with Monsoon is when he gets below 40% health. Basically when the lyrics in the song kick in. His moveset changes and it throws me off. I can get him down to 40% on revengeance without taking any dmg. From there on it gets tricky lol. Sai makes Monsoon waaayy easier though. Even with Sai I find him more troublesome than the rest.

he's easy to parry. That's his biggest weakness (next to the sai). I haven't got to him on revengeance yet, im only on r-02. But from what i can tell so far is that he attacks fast but at the same speed which makes parrying easier then lets say, Sam, who changes the intervals of his attacks mid combo.

I can see monsoon being hard to no damage simply because he attacks about 3x more than any other boss.
---