MGS2 Raiden vs MGS4 Raiden vs MGRR Raiden

#31UltraCiggyPosted 3/15/2013 4:00:11 PM
Can't say any. In MGS2 I didn't like him as he was whiny and was mistaken for a woman; not just by players but characters in the game (President verifying anyone?). Then he became a ninja, but a cyborg ninja with high heels.

The character for Raiden is a joke and can't believe people actually like or relate to him.
#32GBB_DoramascherPosted 3/15/2013 4:06:27 PM
You guys praising MGS2 Raiden: you do realise the whole point of that character was you weren't supposed to want to play as him, right? It's part of that whole postmodernist kick 2 was on where "I tricked you and made you buy a game buy putting my brand name on it hahaha" is clever (rather than, say, fraud as it is in insufficiently arty industries).

If you liked him it means Kojima messed up.
#33crazedxerioPosted 3/15/2013 4:43:32 PM
honestly MGS2 because he was only being tried out for the S3 project and was successful lol.. and a new opening character when u hit the plant i mean serious guys wtf... OMFG mask drops off and do u know how many people were disapointed over it not being Snake.... ffs almost everybody hated Raiden in MGS2 but u forget one thing.... for those who started MGS in the MG series... we actually had no idea at the start who snake was.. if u give a character a chance... you can see all of there development... i mean from MGS2 thinking he was Foxhound to MGS4 actually having a better understanding about the Patriots look at how he turned out.... i mean its like saying OMFG RAIDEN go jump off a bridge and die.... then when he is resurrected as a Frank Jaeger wannabe almost all those who hated him fell in love with him with a single reason of 'Hes an Awesome Ninja!!' look at the moves he pulled on the Gecko on Vamp and then again at Rex 2 saving snakes life and being crushed by OH...

i just find it amusing how people can hate 1 character so much... because they cant give his storyline a chance because they PREFER the original character... but the moment they redo his entire character and keep some elements the same from MGS2... everyone loves him...lol..
---
PSN Hedaki
#34RokadorPosted 3/15/2013 4:47:25 PM
It's really hard to say.

Without MG2 Raiden, I wouldn't like MGS4/MGRR Raiden and see him only as a generic sword slasher.
Without Cyborg Ninja Raiden, I wouldn't learn to love the goofy evader of drowning.
---
Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/id/dochax
PSN: Axonn1018 | XBL: Koala Copter
#35The_Ivory_ManPosted 3/15/2013 4:55:30 PM
GBB_Doramascher posted...
You guys praising MGS2 Raiden: you do realise the whole point of that character was you weren't supposed to want to play as him, right? It's part of that whole postmodernist kick 2 was on where "I tricked you and made you buy a game buy putting my brand name on it hahaha" is clever (rather than, say, fraud as it is in insufficiently arty industries).

Ha, it's funny because Raiden is the player therefore hating Raiden means you hate yourself
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#36GBB_DoramascherPosted 3/15/2013 5:28:37 PM
Hardly a first, Starkweather in Manhunt was the player and you were definitely supposed to hate *him*.
#37co1onelPosted 3/15/2013 5:42:38 PM
GBB_Doramascher posted...

I think its rather clear you did not understand MGS2 at all.
---
PSN: Co1onel-225
#38GBB_DoramascherPosted 3/15/2013 5:49:21 PM
Actually, I did. You were supposed to not like playing as Raiden. This was Part Of The Big Reveal and all. Or just an incredibly pretentious excuse to recycle a bunch of things from Metal Gear 2 for the second time.
#39tacomangsxPosted 3/15/2013 5:51:31 PM
I like Raiden in MGR:R but I still prefer his suit in MGS4. Dat visor.
---
PSN: lnterwebs
"This battlefield will do.." - Radec