lol at people that think solid snake or big boss could beat raiden in a fight

#31Chain_StrikePosted 3/16/2013 1:00:10 PM
Better character is opinion based, so you can throw that out the window.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#32tizimin9Posted 3/16/2013 1:07:06 PM
If we're giving Raiden his full power, Jack the Ripper and all, why not give the best possible weapons that BB and SS had.

So both of them have infinity bandanna, stealth camouflage, chaff grenades, em grenades, smoke grenades, SS has M4 Custom, Octocamo, Solid Eye, M82 anti-material (would one-shot Raiden probably) Rail gun (would definitely one-shot Raiden), Javelin and Stinger rockets, Emotion tranquilizer rounds, SORROW AND MANTIS DOLLS, Metal Gear Rex.

BB would have Patriot the Tank Box and Metal Gear Zeke.

Honestly, I think Raiden would be screwed simply by the Sorrow and Mantis dolls since Raiden has nanos in him for the codec.
---
I play until my eyes bleed.
PSN: Itzimna
#33PiranacondaPosted 3/16/2013 1:15:31 PM(edited)
tizimin9 posted...
If we're giving Raiden his full power, Jack the Ripper and all, why not give the best possible weapons that BB and SS had.

So both of them have infinity bandanna, stealth camouflage, chaff grenades, em grenades, smoke grenades, SS has M4 Custom, Octocamo, Solid Eye, M82 anti-material (would one-shot Raiden probably) Rail gun (would definitely one-shot Raiden), Javelin and Stinger rockets, Emotion tranquilizer rounds, SORROW AND MANTIS DOLLS, Metal Gear Rex.

Honestly, I think Raiden would be screwed simply by the Sorrow and Mantis dolls since Raiden has nanos in him for the codec.

Do Chaff Grenades have any effect on Raiden? When I played the Gray Fox fight in Twin Snakes, I threw a Chaff grenade and shot him with rounds from the FAMAS.
---
PSN: xxTerminatorxx5
#34The_Ivory_ManPosted 3/16/2013 1:14:56 PM
Piranaconda posted...
tizimin9 posted...

Do Chaff Grenades have any effect on Raiden?

Nope
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#35tizimin9Posted 3/16/2013 1:17:38 PM
I don't know. That's probably a key thing.

But at the very least it would prevent Boris from crashing the party.

Either way, I think if BB and SS had both of their massive arsenals with mystical gadgets, they would be able to beat him, if not easily then at least without difficulty.

That being said, I think if either of the three teamed up with another to fight the third, the team will win every time. BB doesn't have what it takes to stand up to SS AND Raiden, SS couldn't fend off BB and Raiden, and Raiden can't take out both of them either.
---
I play until my eyes bleed.
PSN: Itzimna
#36SiLVeR_420Posted 3/16/2013 1:18:37 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Them fighting is like Captain America vs Spider-man, Spider wins but he respects Cap way too much to actually beat him

I look at it more as Yip Man vs Bruce Lee.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#37The_Ivory_ManPosted 3/16/2013 1:19:54 PM
Just saying Raiden had a stinger in MGS2, remember he used it when he fought the 20+ RAYs in MGS2
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#38Eat ManPosted 3/16/2013 1:29:32 PM
it's a weird debate because on the surface it looks so obvious that raiden is stronger than the snakes, but, at least until rising, you could always make the argument that snake was at least competitive if not superior to him in a straight fight.

for example, both men fought vamp in mgs4. both time raiden fights him he is pierced by vamp's weapons and "loses" at some point. he has to defeat him with a bait after being seriously wounded.

when snake fights vamp he cleanly gets the upper hand with cqc multiple times in order to deactivate the nanos.

based on those fights, snake actually outperforms raiden with a fraction of his speed/strength/durability against a supernatural being. if anything. vamp was more powerful when he fights snake. snake takes away vamp's plot armor and then bows out to let raiden fight him for revenge. there's no doubt snake could've finished the job if he wanted

and yet raiden can break dance with a gekko tied to each leg so then you say, wait a minute, wtf.

its just a weird debate.

but i think the overall message kojima tries to send in the gamplay is that snake beats, like, EVERYONE one-on-one and makes the impossible possible.
---
Oops, my bad, that's my scenario.
#39ukokira1Posted 3/16/2013 1:46:40 PM
First time I actually agree with the TC.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#40KrakenPosted 3/16/2013 1:50:58 PM
I'm trying to think how it would go down from Snake's perspective.

Solid Snake would need to hope that Otacon can find some way to outscience Raiden's cyborg body to bring him down to a level at which he can't, you know, lift friggin Metal Gear Excelsius. If Otacon can, Snake can conceivably win. If he can't, probably no chance.

So Snake versus Raiden turns into Otacon versus Doktor.
---
"I would say she saved him, the same way someone that dives on a grenade saves on burial costs." - Alkanshel on FFT