lol at people that think solid snake or big boss could beat raiden in a fight

#51gamestop27Posted 3/17/2013 7:27:12 PM
Snake can't win without his fanboys framing the scenario in such a clownish way.
---
The one weakness of any protagonist or hero-like character is a Cut Scene.~ KaiserNeko
#52KerrackPosted 3/17/2013 8:22:37 PM
Remember that time Big Boss threw a Metal Gear?
I do.
---
Attention mods: If one of my posts violates TOU, please PM me about it before you mod me and I will gladly edit myself. I assure you that it was unintentional.
#53yarouPosted 3/17/2013 9:32:05 PM
Simple, who'd be the "main character(s)" during said scenario?
We all know the main chars will always get an advantage or fight in the exact location where they will find all that is necessary to defeat the other.
#54N00b11234Posted 3/17/2013 11:26:59 PM
liampasya posted...
I think Big Boss would win because he is the master of Cqc he can easily beat the GRU officer alone and his mentor The Boss and he can hold a stomp from Metal Gear Zeke and Peacewalker and throw them out of balance and he didn't even die when tortured several times by Volgin,Strangelove and if I'm not wrong Cunningham. so if he battle with Raiden he can easily cqc raiden then throw his sword then beat Raiden in a fist fight.

Big Boss can easily beat up a bunch of trained dudes - thats cute.
Let's see how much this skill will be worth against a superpowered guy that can THROW a warship sized robot, and be merely dazed after being punched clean through said warship sized robot

Pitting either of the Snakes against Raiden is pointless - Raiden murders them with one hand.
Snakes are cool and all, expertly trained, peaking the human capabilities.
But that's just it.
They are bound by human limitations and Raiden isn't human anymore, he is a superpowered, walking weapon of mass destruction.

Sure a Snake can use gadgets that might tip the scales in his favor somewhat, but can you really call spamming EM Nades and wailing at an incapacitated Raiden a victory?
A straight, all out battle is a match up akin to Farmer with shotgun vs. Raditz.

Saying that a Snake can beat MGR Raiden in direct combat with no combatant significantly boosted/nerfed is just blatant fanboyism, sorry.
---
"W-whaaat... H-how?!"
"...Nanomachines, Son!"
#55augerrya3Posted 3/18/2013 12:09:06 AM
In a fair fight new raiden wins

In anything less than fair, snake would find a way to beat him, be it. Chaff grenade or he gets otacon or sunny to hack his body. Snake is used to fighting thigs that could crush him instantly and knows how to figure out how to beat said things
#56N00b11234Posted 3/18/2013 12:24:18 AM
augerrya3 posted...
In a fair fight new raiden wins

In anything less than fair, snake would find a way to beat him, be it. Chaff grenade or he gets otacon or sunny to hack his body. Snake is used to fighting thigs that could crush him instantly and knows how to figure out how to beat said things

Exactly

But that is no longer Snake vs Raiden.
it's Snake's support team vs Raiden's support team.
---
"W-whaaat... H-how?!"
"...Nanomachines, Son!"
#57DemonKiller007Posted 3/18/2013 2:47:01 AM
The Snakes with cyborg enhancements would own the living **** out of Raiden. You're comparing a cyborg enhanced dude to a mere human. If you level the playing field by giving Snake the same enhancements or taking away Raiden's then Big Boss would curbstomp Raiden with him being a master of CQC and all. Solid Snake may have a bit of a hard time if it was s straight up duel, but if stealth was involved the Raiden would get curbstomped here as well.
---
(Empty)
#58tizimin9Posted 3/18/2013 3:50:16 AM
I stand by the statement that Raiden would get owned by Snake if Snake had the Sorrow and Mantis dolls, which he does after MGS4.

Well, the Sorrow one doesn't do much, but the Mantis doll..

How can Raiden cut Snake if Raiden can't even move because he's suspended in the air?

And you CANNOT deny that Raiden has nanomachines in his body.

And they would be effected just like all the other nanomachines.
---
I play until my eyes bleed.
PSN: Itzimna
#59N00b11234Posted 3/18/2013 4:05:13 AM
tizimin9 posted...
I stand by the statement that Raiden would get owned by Snake if Snake had the Sorrow and Mantis dolls, which he does after MGS4.

Well, the Sorrow one doesn't do much, but the Mantis doll..

How can Raiden cut Snake if Raiden can't even move because he's suspended in the air?

And you CANNOT deny that Raiden has nanomachines in his body.

And they would be effected just like all the other nanomachines.

I stand by what i said.
Wailing on an incapacitated opponent isn't a fight, and trashing him isn't a victory.

And besides, if you want to get technical - those dolls hijacked the SOP nanos and their various emotional, behavioral and hormonal control mechanisms.
Comm nanos don't have such capabilities to be exploited and hijacked so at most the dolls could torment Raiden with Justin Bieber.
---
"W-whaaat... H-how?!"
"...Nanomachines, Son!"
#60tizimin9Posted 3/18/2013 4:10:35 AM
Mmm.... seems plausible, except that the dolls also clearly suspend the enemy in the air, which doesn't have to do with the function of the nanos.

And Solid Snake is not a Berserker, he's a stealthy dude. He never confronts enemies head on unless he absolutely has to, so saying that Snake has to fight in a head on fight isn't very fair. That's like saying Raiden has to fight with Rose and Little John spectating the fight. He's obviously not going to be at 100%. Same with Snake if you just have them meet head on, and have the Mortal Kombat announcer yell "FIGHT!"
---
I play until my eyes bleed.
PSN: Itzimna