Just got this game and have a few questions............

#1Prototype_1Posted 3/18/2013 8:00:06 AM
Why are they trying to make Raiden sound like Solid Snake in the cut scenes, all raspy?

Where the hell did the stealth go????!!!?!??!?!?! I mean I like the style but this is a Metal Gear game??? Metal Gear is to Stealth as Madden is to Football.

Why isn't there a block button? I get that this game is about freeflow combat and parries but maybe because I just got this like 3 days ago, but I am getting my ass kicked by gekkos and those cyborgs that drop kick you in the sewers, what ever they are called.

Does Solid Snake make a cameo or are we to assume that he is dead with it being 3 years since the events of MGS4?

Is there a better weapon than the HF Blade? So far I have that and the Spear made from the Tripod Arms.

Thanks for the assistance.
---
PSN ID - Ho-Runner
She drives like a steakhouse but handles like a bistro! - Zap Branagan
#2Solid_PWPosted 3/18/2013 8:04:59 AM(edited)
Raiden's a big cyborg ninja now ! He's gotta be super cool.

This is more action, (significantly) less stealth.

lrn2parry (just push the analog in the right direction and press square, not that hard)

Solid Snake has not been mentioned by any as far as I know, although I recall someone saying that there's a codec conversation about him.

There are better swords.
---
"I don't believe in maaaagiiiiicccc." - Zhang Jiao, Dynasty Warriors 3
#3xxx000110000111Posted 3/18/2013 8:12:12 AM
This is Metal Gear Rising, not Metal Gear Solid. It's a spinoff title in a different genre.
#4devak108Posted 3/18/2013 8:13:15 AM
xxx000110000111 posted...
This is Metal Gear Rising, not Metal Gear Solid.

---
"You're entering a world of pain, son, we know this is your homework!"
#5pokedude900Posted 3/18/2013 8:22:00 AM
The HF Blade is your primary weapon for the duration of the game. The spear is a sub weapon that you can equip to replace the sword for Triangle attacks. There are other blades that you can unlock, but you won't get any before the end of your first run.
---
http://i.imgur.com/160SGN2.png
Come to the board in my profile for general discussion. Mostly anime, but anything's good.
#6Prototype_1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 8:26:16 AM
This is Metal Gear Rising, not Metal Gear Solid. It's a spinoff title in a different genre.

Yeah, I know its a spin-off, and I have beaten every MGS game with no kills, no continues, no rations (except MGS1 since you do not have a choice of stamina kills when it comes to the bosses). And I understand that it is in a different genre, I knew that from when I first picked up the controller in the beginning. I am just wondering (even though I think that I know the answer) if there is a weapon that drains stamina (battery power or what have you) so you can go through the game and try for a no kill run?

That is the beauty of the MGS series (and yes I know that this is not MGS, its MGR), being able to be completely stealthy, watching your enemies, taking them down without killing them, dragging their bodies and hiding them, etc. Again, I like this game, its a nice change of pace, but not exactly what I expected.
---
PSN ID - Ho-Runner
#7RaengPosted 3/18/2013 8:27:46 AM
Prototype_1 posted...
Why are they trying to make Raiden sound like Solid Snake in the cut scenes, all raspy?

Where the hell did the stealth go????!!!?!??!?!?! I mean I like the style but this is a Metal Gear game??? Metal Gear is to Stealth as Madden is to Football.

Why isn't there a block button? I get that this game is about freeflow combat and parries but maybe because I just got this like 3 days ago, but I am getting my ass kicked by gekkos and those cyborgs that drop kick you in the sewers, what ever they are called.

Does Solid Snake make a cameo or are we to assume that he is dead with it being 3 years since the events of MGS4?

Is there a better weapon than the HF Blade? So far I have that and the Spear made from the Tripod Arms.

> Stealth
Stealth has been the forte of the Metal Gear Solid series, this is Metal Gear Rising, a sub-series. Thus, no stealth. Only action.

> Block
There is a block, when an enemy glows red you can press forward and square to block. The tutorials are your friend, you can find them under VR-missions.

> Weapons
The HF Blade is your go-to weapon for your first playthrough paired with the unique weapons. After that you'll start unlocking more swords : )
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#8Prototype_1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 8:30:34 AM
pokedude900 posted...
The HF Blade is your primary weapon for the duration of the game. The spear is a sub weapon that you can equip to replace the sword for Triangle attacks. There are other blades that you can unlock, but you won't get any before the end of your first run.

Thanks for the info!
---
PSN ID - Ho-Runner
#9Prototype_1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 8:34:29 AM
Raeng posted...
Prototype_1 posted...

> Stealth
Stealth has been the forte of the Metal Gear Solid series, this is Metal Gear Rising, a sub-series. Thus, no stealth. Only action.

> Block
There is a block, when an enemy glows red you can press forward and square to block. The tutorials are your friend, you can find them under VR-missions.

> Weapons
The HF Blade is your go-to weapon for your first playthrough paired with the unique weapons. After that you'll start unlocking more swords : )

Thanks!
---
PSN ID - Ho-Runner
#10mtKing52Posted 3/18/2013 8:43:38 AM
Prototype_1 posted...

Yeah, I know its a spin-off, and I have beaten every MGS game with no kills, no continues, no rations (except MGS1 since you do not have a choice of stamina kills when it comes to the bosses). And I understand that it is in a different genre, I knew that from when I first picked up the controller in the beginning. I am just wondering (even though I think that I know the answer) if there is a weapon that drains stamina (battery power or what have you) so you can go through the game and try for a no kill run?

That is the beauty of the MGS series (and yes I know that this is not MGS, its MGR), being able to be completely stealthy, watching your enemies, taking them down without killing them, dragging their bodies and hiding them, etc. Again, I like this game, its a nice change of pace, but not exactly what I expected.

There's a wooden sword (gets you a no kill bonus) you can get after killing all 5 of the M.I.B.s (Men in Boxes) which are spread throughout the game
---
PSN: mtKing52
"You cant fight nature Jack, wind blows, rain falls and the strong prey upon the weak."