What are your TOP 5 favorite Hack n Slash games of all time?

#1devak108Posted 3/20/2013 11:24:18 AM
Inspired by the other C/D MGR is the best topic, wondering what is everybody's all time faves. For me it would have to be:

1. Ninja Gaiden Black
2. DMC3
3. Bayonetta
4. MGR:R
5. GoW2

I've been seeing a lot of love for God Hand on this board and I somehow have never played it so that may have to be my next game. Anyway, what's your list?
---
"You're entering a world of pain, son, we know this is your homework!"
#2SiLVeR_420Posted 3/20/2013 11:28:10 AM
Pretty much yours but replacement e GoW with a Dynasty Warriors game and replace NGB with NG2.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#3PhaildPosted 3/20/2013 11:28:43 AM
Rising, Devil May Cry and God Hand for that beat-em-up goodness.
---
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 10 days
Let's dance.
#4MurphysGhostPosted 3/20/2013 11:48:37 AM
I don't like numbering, because I change my mind too much / see things as different but equal. So I'll list them in the order I played them.

Assuming we're talking 3d melee action:

DMC1
Shinobi (ps2)
NGB
NG2
Bayonetta

Vanquish really wants a spot but it it's kind of a shooter. DMC3 I've always been rather torn about, since I love most of the boss fights and hate basically everything else. Hurricane Pack NG might well replace NGB on that list if I ever decide to actually get off my ass and play it. God Hand probably belongs but I haven't played it very much, don't really know anything about the mechanics. And I really love God of War 2 but it's just not quite slick enough to make it in there.

Oh, yeah, and then there's Rising. I love Rising, but it's not top 5 for me. A Special Edition of Rising with all DLC included, some tweaked mechanics and a couple extra levels in the campaign with new bosses might make it, though.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#5VesperasPosted 3/20/2013 11:51:25 AM
1 MGRR
2 DMC1
3 Shinobi
4 Bayo
5 Dragons Dogma/Monster Hunter/Dark Souls
---
PSN: Vesperas
CEO of Fierce Uprising <3 Dejoule
#6ClauduPosted 3/20/2013 11:51:48 AM
1. Devil May Cry 3
2. Bayonetta.
3. God Hand.
4. Ninja Gaiden 2.
5. Revengeance.

I'd also count ZOE 2nd Runner, but that would be 6...
#7megasoniczxxPosted 3/20/2013 1:40:23 PM
MGR
DMC3/4(both are pretty even)
Sonic Unleashed werehog sections
Sengoku Basara Samurai heroes

ill probably get to god hand when I can afford it.
#8RaengPosted 3/20/2013 1:42:58 PM
I'll rename Hack and Slash to Action and give you that list instead!

1. Vanquish
Then 2-5 in random order
God Hand
DMC1
MGR:R
Prince of Persia Warrior Within
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#9SSJ_JinPosted 3/20/2013 1:49:03 PM
DMC3
MGR
Godhand
Castlevania Lament of Innocence

I know what you're thinking with that last one. How the **** is that piece of trash on there? Well, it probably would suck if I played it again today. But when I first played it, despite it's flaws, I loved it. The music sealed the fate for me and I had a very good time with that game. So that's why I put that on there based on my experience rather than how the game is. The others I put there based on how the game actually is.

As for a 5th one, I can't pick. It's not DMC1, not any of the God of Wars, not Bayonetta, (nope). I'd probably have to say it would be another experience one like Castlevania would would then be either Legacy of Kain Defiance, Shinobi...I dunno.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#10SSJ_JinPosted 3/20/2013 1:51:14 PM
Btw, anyone know the name of this game? I think they used a real life Japanese pop star to be the hero and it started with a "B." The only thing I can tell you is the beginning of the game would start and you would have a certain time limit to fight the enemies. Once it's over the game would replay the entire battle you just did using different camera angles, then the real game would start.

I never made it past that because a friend and I literally timed how much time there was and we took turns trying to make it look cool, one person playing while the other didn't look until the replay. Then we'd reset the console to switch turns lol.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/