MGRR Japanese Version - Details ( to those who think about buying one )

#41WingedRegentPosted 3/22/2013 5:43:18 PM
The reason Sam bleeds red is probably due to how Raiden notes that he is still mostly human, and therefore, it'd make no sense to give him white blood since he doesn't have near the amount of cybernetic parts as the Winds of Destruction or even Raiden
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#42Mr_Big_BossPosted 3/22/2013 6:34:05 PM

Blood is canonically red... What don't you understand about that?

Bishop from James Cameron's Aliens had white artificial blood.

The cyborgs in this game use artificial blood, it's not hard to believe that white would be the canon blood for cyborgs in this game.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#43WingedRegentPosted 3/22/2013 6:40:20 PM

The cyborgs in this game use artificial blood, it's not hard to believe that white would be the canon blood for cyborgs in this game.

As also a fun-note, one of the original trailers for MGS Rising had the cyborgs (IIRC, a Mastiff) spilling white blood as well.
---
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#44Nate_the_Great8Posted 3/22/2013 6:42:13 PM
lol sam bleeds red for a reason dummies =P

and white blood is a censor but also a call back to MGS4. which is neat. i wouldnt mind an option for white blood.
---
PSN/LoL: Nate_the_Great8
#45snake2410Posted 3/22/2013 8:57:20 PM
WingedRegent posted...

As also a fun-note, one of the original trailers for MGS Rising had the cyborgs (IIRC, a Mastiff) spilling white blood as well.

It was because that was back when it took place between MGS2 and MGS4. And Bishop was an Android, not a Cyborg. The whole reason its white in Japan is because they have a strict censorship towards dismemberment. Given that you're dismembering the cyborgs in this they won't allow anything that looks like humans being dismembered. Red is still considered canon, its even mentioned in a codec in the game that white blood is the old, obsolete artificial blood. It was even obsolete in MGS4 according to Act 3's intro.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 5x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#46WingedRegentPosted 3/22/2013 9:05:17 PM
WingedRegent posted...

It was because that was back when it took place between MGS2 and MGS4. And Bishop was an Android, not a Cyborg. The whole reason its white in Japan is because they have a strict censorship towards dismemberment. Given that you're dismembering the cyborgs in this they won't allow anything that looks like humans being dismembered. Red is still considered canon, its even mentioned in a codec in the game that white blood is the old, obsolete artificial blood. It was even obsolete in MGS4 according to Act 3's intro.

I'm fully aware as to why the blood is the way it is. I was just noting something of a bit of trivia in it. I know the reasonings for the change + the game itself even says the white blood is obsolete, but I just thought it was a nice tidbit. *shrugs*
---
#47SonicSPPosted 3/22/2013 10:44:44 PM
Personally, I think I would prefer the white blood to the red blood in this game.
---
Crush 40 Rules!!!
#48Banjo2553Posted 3/22/2013 11:30:12 PM(edited)
Well, regardless of which one changed the canon, in the American canon, it's official that cyborgs have red blood because the white blood proved inefficient and required dialysis. So they "upgraded" the blood. One of the optional codecs says so.

Edit: In fact, someone should look up that particular codec conversation and see if it pops up in the Japanese version. It's most likely changed, but I'm just curious.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#49Ace10of27Spades(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 11:28:19 AM
AnotherGamer posted...
Based on what I've seen in the videos, N'Mani's death is also censored more: his chin doesn't seem to be cut for as long and has a closer camera angle, and the stab through the stomach also has different camera angles that show less blood and he's not shown being impaled as explicitly. Didn't watch the LPs at nico farther than that, might see more later.

Yea its true. Also when sam bleeds it looks really silly. Just superfake looking globs of blood coming from the hole.
---
Whose footprints are these...
#50Ace10of27Spades(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:34:52 PM
JAPAN vr dlc gas soul of snake sword. It has no upgradability.
---
Whose footprints are these...