Lock on

#1BloodyRawPosted 3/22/2013 10:36:48 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble doing exactly what I want to do with combo's/dodging. When locked on I can link combos into thunder strike or sweep kick pretty consistenly, I also can dodge enemy attacks better as well.

Problem is the majority of the time there are alot of enemies on the screen, so Im unlocking most of the time to have better control (parrying/camera etc). I cannot seem to combo/dodge effectively leading to me mashing when unlocked, it might be how I'm tilting the analogue stick. Can't seem to pull off thunder strikes when i want to.

Any help would be appreciated.
---
It shall be engraved upon your soul - DivineAssault - NIBELUNG VALESTI !
YS :Oath In Felghana PSP- Greatest RPG Since Chrono Trigger PSN : KonnecT
#22002120141Posted 3/22/2013 10:56:32 PM
Lock on is trash in this game unfortunately. You either just leave free targeting or constantly click R2 and hope that you'd get the target you want. The crazy lock on makes some VR missions seriously rage inducing - not impossible mind you, but it's plain unfair.
#3BloodyRaw(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 11:43:23 PM
Thanks for posting
---
#4BillysanPosted 3/23/2013 12:21:38 AM
Lock on is used to target specif enemies like flying enemies.

It's also invaluable against some single foes and bosses.

It certainly isn't trash.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#5RaengPosted 3/23/2013 12:21:46 AM
From my experience it's best to reserve the lock-on for one on one engagements, like bossfights or that lone Grad. You'll want to keep your eyes open otherwise and rotate the camera manually while abusing the soft lock.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#6BloodyRaw(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 12:41:11 AM
Gentlemen thanks for the responses.

Raeng going to watch your new vanquish vid now, then play a little bit more revengence. Wish there was a youtube run on hard* for revengence with no op ungrades though :).
---
#7GoldsicklePosted 3/23/2013 3:44:37 AM
It's poorly implemented because unlike a lot of games that just locks-on to the nearest enemy, lock-on in this game won't activate unless the enemy is on-camera, even if it's just one enemy (for example, if you're fighting a single boss).

You also can't switch lock on unless the enemy you want to switch lock-on to is on-camera.

The lock-on range is also limited, where if the enemy is too far, it's deactivated.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".