Laughing Skull's top 10 wtf moments of MGR:R (spoilers)

#11SlaveBladePosted 3/23/2013 6:56:07 AM
mtKing52 posted...
Goldsickle posted...
iDoneGotU posted...
Raiden falls off helicopter -

And survives.

If Raiden falls off from a lower height in R-03, he instantly dies.

It's because once you fall off there's no way to get back up there.

He runs up buildings constantly in cutscenes.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#12jurrian91Posted 3/23/2013 6:58:51 AM
iDoneGotU posted...
Raiden uses Excelceus Blade - How can Raiden swing a MG's sword but he swings the Pincher blades like it's heaver than a Ray?

Because if you pay attention to Raiden's body when he's picking up the blade, you can see a lot of electricity coming off of Raiden's body. You can wager that he's using a LOT of energy when he's picking the blade up. If he were to use that much energy during normal circumstances, he would run out of energy VERY fast.
---
Magnetic force, Jack!
Nature's force!
#13redroses_4lifePosted 3/23/2013 7:28:56 AM
Never understand why people mention anime as a way to like this game...

I watch some anime, but no way anime influences how I like this game.
---
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
#14GoldsicklePosted 3/23/2013 7:36:46 AM
iDoneGotU posted...
Raiden uses Excelceus Blade - How can Raiden swing a MG's sword but he swings the Pincher blades like it's heaver than a Ray?

Notice that when you're cutting up Excelcus, you're in Blade Mode, meaning Raiden is swinging that thing faster than you think.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#15deltamustang_65Posted 3/23/2013 10:18:51 AM
They missed an opportunity for awesome during the infamous "fall", by not having Raiden land with one of those airborne ninja kills where you skewer your enemy into the ground with your sword while perching on it.

That might have made me forget that the game makes you land several dozen MILES from where you should have been.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#16Solid_SebPosted 3/23/2013 10:52:32 AM
jurrian91 posted...
iDoneGotU posted...

Because if you pay attention to Raiden's body when he's picking up the blade, you can see a lot of electricity coming off of Raiden's body. You can wager that he's using a LOT of energy when he's picking the blade up. If he were to use that much energy during normal circumstances, he would run out of energy VERY fast.

or maybe hes actually taking energy from the blade in order to power up enough to swing it. which would mean he cant actually swing the sword until he picks it up.

just a thought
#17MGRRevengeancePosted 3/23/2013 10:57:50 AM
The mini blade is only seen used in one cutscene in this game.

No it wasn't. Look closely at Raidens sheath in the cutscene and you will notice it's still there.
#18deltamustang_65Posted 3/23/2013 12:52:39 PM
Solid_Seb posted...
jurrian91 posted...
iDoneGotU posted...

or maybe hes actually taking energy from the blade in order to power up enough to swing it. which would mean he cant actually swing the sword until he picks it up.

just a thought

Yeah, he's absorbing the sword's electrolytes. It's what cyborgs crave.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#19iDoneGotUPosted 3/23/2013 1:24:44 PM
deltamustang_65 posted...
Solid_Seb posted...
jurrian91 posted...
iDoneGotU posted...

just a thought

Yeah, he's absorbing the sword's electrolytes. It's what cyborgs crave.

I didn't realize he absorbed energy from the sword.
---
Surrender Before ME!
#20destructoclausPosted 3/23/2013 1:46:06 PM
I think you're nitpicking way too much.

Oh and by the way, TC, revenge IS a huge part of the game. In fact, it's one of the game's biggest driving forces.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634