How to cut off the spine?

#1DarkfireAxelPosted 3/25/2013 3:15:38 AM
I'm trying the demo at the moment but I'm finding the block way too hard, so I've tried to cut off the spine to regain some health, but everytime I use blade mode enemies just die without having the option to take it away from them...

Where do I have to cut to get the spine?
---
The winter's colde, Soone fulfill'd, And his yearning, Towards a winter's night, Wandering alone...
...The Wolf...
#2RaengPosted 3/25/2013 3:31:16 AM
The red square must be cut, aim for it and cut it, a QTE with the Circle command will show up. Press that!
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#3jurrian91Posted 3/25/2013 3:31:22 AM
Inside the big red square.
---
Magnetic force, Jack!
Nature's force!
#4pokedude900Posted 3/25/2013 3:33:52 AM
You need to have your blade fully charged when you activate blade mode (the bar will glow blue). It charges whenever you attack enemies.

On a related note, if you pull off a quick-time event against a gekko and see a kanji flash on-screen, that's your cue to activate blade mode.
---
http://i.imgur.com/160SGN2.png
Come to the board in my profile for general discussion. Mostly anime, but anything's good.
#52002120141Posted 3/25/2013 3:35:04 AM
Flick the analog stick towards the target together with square/light attack to parry. Holding the analog stick towards and mashing square will not work. constantly spam flicking + square will get you through most times when being combo'ed, not always.

When going to blade mode, target the small red square and cut to zandatsu. Best to do this when enemies are living (as in full to mid health and not near dying) as dead ones explode pretty quickly.
#6DarkfireAxel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 3:47:04 AM
I've beat the demo spamming forward + square.

It's a shame that the block system sucks (at least for me) because the combat itself is pretty awesome and the combos are crazy....
---
The winter's colde, Soone fulfill'd, And his yearning, Towards a winter's night, Wandering alone...
...The Wolf...
#7funkmastermcgeePosted 3/25/2013 5:44:14 AM
The block system is good. It prevents people from spamming the block.
---
R.I.P Hunter1534
#8DJ_0000Posted 3/25/2013 5:47:34 AM
DarkfireAxel posted...

It's a shame that the block system sucks (at least for me) because the combat itself is pretty awesome and the combos are crazy....

Try to persevere with it, I hated it when I played the demo too but it starts to feel more natural as you get used to it.