How exactly did people react to Cyborg Raiden in his first reveal?

#1Excuse_MePosted 3/25/2013 10:33:24 AM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW1yezdwt4w

I mean in MGS2 he was still fully human like Snake, but looking back at the early MGS4 trailers, it seems like Cyborg Raiden was revealed pretty early.

So how was the overall reaction? Were a lot of people pissed off that he made the jump to cyborg and could beat Gekko's with his sword? Instead of using guns or being similar to his MGS2 self?

Or were they happy that he became a cyborg similar to Grey fox? And performed these out of the ordinary feats?

and how did they react to the Vamp vs Raiden fight? How did the MGS2 Raiden haters react to Cyborg Raiden?
#2Ein_SophPosted 3/25/2013 10:35:20 AM
Some might have reacted the same way they did when they saw that he was going to get his own cyborg ninja game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83-f4OJaGKY
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#3Silkman3430Posted 3/25/2013 11:23:27 AM(edited)
they liked him...cept for the MGS2 Raiden lovers who couldn't dare accept Raidens new changes and feats.
#4arclouks_xPosted 3/25/2013 11:19:59 AM
Silkman3430 posted...
they liked him...cept for the MGS2 Raiden lovers.

I like him in mgs2, I also like him on mgs4 and rising revengeance.
---
PSn:arclouksx/JustArc_ -Now playing: MGS 2 HD, Dissidia Duodecim, Legend of dragoon.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png
#5Silkman3430Posted 3/25/2013 11:23:45 AM
arclouks_x posted...
Silkman3430 posted...
they liked him...cept for the MGS2 Raiden lovers.

I like him in mgs2, I also like him on mgs4 and rising revengeance.

Okay.
#6PyroSparkPosted 3/25/2013 11:34:30 AM
With MGS4 being my first MGS game...

"Who is this raging badass?"

After realizing who Raiden used to be

"I am so glad I never played MGS2!"
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#7juuinmadaraPosted 3/25/2013 11:53:09 AM
PyroSpark posted...
With MGS4 being my first MGS game...

"Who is this raging badass?"

After realizing who Raiden used to be

"I am so glad I never played MGS2!"

This.
#8TheLucky3Posted 3/25/2013 12:02:22 PM
I loved Raiden in MGS2, not as much as Snake(Solid and Naked) but I just really loved how the contrast was. Raiden was green, manipulated. Snake is always the big badass good guy. I loved how Raiden was not ready for any of it really, and then his character did a complete 180 in MGS4 and that solidified my love for him even more. Badass character all around for sure.
---
"Some can't wait to die!"
#9SonicSPPosted 3/26/2013 3:46:41 AM(edited)
TheLucky3 posted...
I loved Raiden in MGS2, not as much as Snake(Solid and Naked) but I just really loved how the contrast was. Raiden was green, manipulated. Snake is always the big badass good guy. I loved how Raiden was not ready for any of it really, and then his character did a complete 180 in MGS4 and that solidified my love for him even more. Badass character all around for sure.

I think Ninja Raiden was so cool because he was such a.........non badass character back in MGS2. Shows progress, even if we didn't see most of it. I never followed the pre-release MGS4 trailers but man was he cool when he appeared in MGS4. Totally the way to turn around a character.

Also helped with that he always had the Jack the Ripper streak back in his past, so it wasn't totally out of the blue background wise, even if it was portrayal wise.
---
Crush 40 Rules!!!
#10Solid_SebPosted 3/26/2013 3:48:39 AM
after the way he got the sword at the end of mgs2, i think alot of people (myself included) expected him to become the new cyborg ninja. it was only a question of "how will he compare to grey fox?"