Trying No Upgrade Very Hard

#1RaengPosted 3/25/2013 1:23:12 PM
Finally decided to try it myself. Should be noted that I don't allow Skills in my NuR, nor the use of Unique weapons.

Just beat Monsoon. So far it's been a LOT easier then Revengeance No Upgrade. The only downside is that enemies take quite the beating, but you can actually take 3-6 hits now yourself which is makes it a lot more doable. Enemies are also more like puppies compared to the panthers in REV.

Died only twice so far , once against the 3 mastiffs+raptors in R-02 and once against that insane 3 mastiffs + 2 fenrir's in R-03. Dual Grads weren't too hard, though I did need a lot of NanoPaste there. The lack of dodge really made it annoying.

The only part I see holding me back right now is the Japanese Garden and the Spare Monsoon/Mistral fight. And Armstrong of course. Rest should be smooth sailing.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#2MaryJHappyPosted 3/25/2013 1:26:21 PM
what do you mean by easier than revengeance no upgrade run? isn't this game called mgr: revengeance? -_-;;
#3FOXSOLIDPosted 3/25/2013 1:49:33 PM
MaryJHappy posted...
what do you mean by easier than revengeance no upgrade run? isn't this game called mgr: revengeance? -_-;;

Uh...huh...Yeah there is a difficulty actually called Revengeance.
---
Gamefaqs T-shirt? I wouldn't wipe my ass with one let alone wear one.
#4MaryJHappyPosted 3/25/2013 2:33:44 PM
so is revengeance mode suppose to be harder than very hard or not?
#5SlaveBladePosted 3/25/2013 2:47:00 PM
MaryJHappy posted...
so is revengeance mode suppose to be harder than very hard or not?

It is. Damage is increased by a ton for enemies, and counter damage from Raiden is insane on RV mode too.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#6Raeng(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 11:47:42 PM
It is, by a long shot. Very Hard allows for a lot more risk taking as you're a iron cannon again. On Revengeance you're just a glass ION cannon. I think down the line it depends on gameplay style. If you have no problem getting absolutely not hit, then Revengeance is easier for you. If you're like me and never get the No Damage without spamming Restart then Very Hard is easier.

That said, I've been fighting the two Mastiffs in the Garden for 5 minutes now. Why you no die Mastiff : (
---
www.youtube.com/royta15
#7vgman94Posted 3/26/2013 12:06:47 AM
Raeng posted...
It is, by a long shot. Very Hard allows for a lot more risk taking as you're a iron cannon again. On Revengeance you're just a glass ION cannon. I think down the line it depends on gameplay style. If you have no problem getting absolutely not hit, then Revengeance is easier for you. If you're like me and never get the No Damage without spamming Restart then Very Hard is easier.

That said, I've been fighting the two Mastiffs in the Garden for 5 minutes now. Why you no die Mastiff : (

Something tells me you'd be a great FAQ maker. Sounds like Very Hard would be easier for me. Honestly though, the only true problems with getting hit usually have to do with bullet fire, rather than most attacks. Although there's quite a few attacks that I find impossible to Counter, such as Fenrir and GRAD attacks.
#8yarrmateysPosted 3/26/2013 12:26:57 AM
Mastiffs on VH lv.0 HF Blade are the worst. Fighting them 'fair' takes a long-ass time. Counterparry then launch into aerial combo would be your best and safest damage dealer (which is still slow and unsafe, but it's your best bet). Relying on counterparry alone gets you nowhere, the 4th turns the left arm blue, subsequent ones turn a limb blue, which means 8-9 counterparries until you can zandatsu. Ugly.

If you're ok with using items, though, it gets easier. RP Grenades reduces their sight significantly that you can solo one (it doesn't disable them though like an EM Grenade). Strikes with your default FC ripper mode stun them. If you're quick on the electrolyte paste that's an instant execution.
---
--
-
#9Raeng(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 1:09:10 AM
^Launch, oh you so funny. My only two launch combo's are terrible : (
So far I'm literally running around like a freak'n idiot trying, doing PP's and slide-blade mode whenever I can for some added damage. I can't stay close for too long or keep the pressure up as I don't have a dodge to escape their grab-rushes. Fun fun fun.

@ Vgman! I've never been much of a guide dude, though it might be a fun idea to write a Guide someday. Downside is others are always faster then me ;p
---
www.youtube.com/royta15
#10DragenyoPosted 3/26/2013 3:36:27 AM
Raeng posted...
and once against that insane 3 mastiffs + 2 fenrir's in R-03.

Why fight them all together? It's easy enough to stealth kill the Mastiff that patrols the lower part of the stairs, then kill the soldier, then run into the marker to activate the fight, run down the stairs to fight the wolfs separately, and then stealth kill the remaining mastiffs. Or maybe that's what you did and I'm just reading it wrong. Still, nailing that part in just two tries is really something.

The garden does sound like a pain though. Are you allowing ripper mode? If you get a perfect parry you could confirm it visually and activate ripper before the counterattack connects. It might break the armor faster.
---
PSN: yogendra