Monsoon impossible to beat consistently without taking damage?

#11snake2410Posted 3/27/2013 7:48:42 AM
Goldsickle posted...
NINFanboy posted...
When he's off camera, he gets a cheap hit in.

Try to lock-on to him whenever you can.
The camera will track him down easier if you managed to get a lock-on.

The grenade throw is a pain in the ass, not only because it can deal damage, but also because of the parry marathon that comes afterwards.

Use the Bloodlust (pincer blades) to damage him as much as you can to quickly skip to the next phase, hopefully also skipping the smoke grenade move.

If you have no problems cheating, then use Wig A to have infinite EM Grenades.
Wig B is pointless, since you have infinite FC Gauge throughout the fight.

When he jumps on the gate walls to throw personnel carriers and choppers at you, simply Ninja Run towards him as he throws so that he will miss you completely.
Make sure you have a good distance first.

Right after throwing two waves of vehicles, he will jump back into the combat zone and this is where you should reestablish lock-on and toss an EM Grenade at the same time (press L2 & R2).

After he's stunned by the EM Grenade, move in close for the Blade Mode prompt, so you can slash his head and have his body crumble into pieces.

Don't Ninja Run towards his head. Run 3 steps and immediately charge the Bloodlust for two fully charged attacks, as fast as you can.
If you're quick enough, you'll be able to sneak in 2 fully charged attack from the Bloodlust before he can do anything. This will quickly make him jump on the gate walls to throw more vehicles at you, skipping a lot of close-combat.

Locking on is important because his head might fall off-camera and you have no time to look for it before he reassembles.

When he clings on the World Marshal building and rolls a huge pile of vehicles at you, parry it twice so you will have a prompt to cut it into pieces with Blade Mode.

After cutting those vehicles into pieces, the lyrics will start playing and he will extend his Sais towards you.
Watch out, because when you gain control, the camera angle is arranged in a way where Monsoon is obstructed by Raiden and you won't be able to see the Sai coming. Tilt the right analog stick a little and don't forget to reestablish lock-on.

Parry the two incoming Sais and Ninja Run away from the legs. Don't bother trying to parry them.

After avoiding the legs, Monsoon will be floating around without his lower body.
Only toss an EM Grenade when he's floating towards your direction. If you toss a grenade when he's swaying left and right, you might miss.

Alternatively, you can use your own fully charged Sai to stun Monsoon.

This method works for Revengeance difficulty.

Not sure if you know this but you can double tap L2 to quick toss a grenade, and if you're locked on it should drop right in front of Monsoon. Always worked for me for my S rank run anyways.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 5x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#12GoldsicklePosted 3/27/2013 8:56:03 AM
snake2410 posted...
you can double tap L2 to quick toss a grenade,

You only need to tap once, like in Batman Arkham Asylum/City.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#13destructoclausPosted 3/27/2013 9:03:44 AM
NINFanboy posted...
Ah, so the AI fight is more generous regarding S ranks then? Good to know. The requirements don't sound too hard and I tend to go for the Dwarf Gekkos anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, that one is probably more worth your time to S rank and not necessarily go for no damage. The camera in that area can be extremely frustrating, especially if you're near a wall. Monsoon can pull off attacks that occur off screen sometimes.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#14OnlyTheSnakePosted 3/31/2013 10:33:47 AM
yarrmateys posted...
He has an obvious tell when he's about to throw the RP Grenades, he tiptoes and raises both his arms like a scarecrow, only half a second after does he actually throw them.

Just wanted to add, I noticed that Monsoon actually does a single roundhouse kick right before he does the above actions, so that gives an extra two seconds to prepare. Got pretty familiar with his attacks after spending 1.5 hours S-ranking the double AI fight on Revengeance...
#15aragorn00148Posted 4/7/2013 11:45:05 AM
o_O i curb stomped monste...erm Monsoon S Rank Revengence No Damage 2nd attempt... That being said i did mash the restart button for like 2 and a half hours straight when i did it on Hard No Damage... had to develop mad ninja parry skillz in the process.

I Actually found Revengance S/0 dmg easier than Hard because cycles through his phases more (70,55,42,40,20,10) instead of (70,55,40,20,10). Sure its only 1 extra attack via flying vechicles but its less hes trying to combo and saying "Ty plz restart nao"

Appearantly you can "Perfect Parry" him for a huge chunk of dmg but i was never so lucky as to land the perfect parry on him tho...
---
Pokemon White Friend Code: 0561 8640 3705
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1206 1431 6004
#16JahkeemyorkPosted 4/8/2013 6:19:16 AM
aragorn00148 posted...
o_O i curb stomped monste...erm Monsoon S Rank Revengence No Damage 2nd attempt... That being said i did mash the restart button for like 2 and a half hours straight when i did it on Hard No Damage... had to develop mad ninja parry skillz in the process.

I Actually found Revengance S/0 dmg easier than Hard because cycles through his phases more (70,55,42,40,20,10) instead of (70,55,40,20,10). Sure its only 1 extra attack via flying vechicles but its less hes trying to combo and saying "Ty plz restart nao"

Appearantly you can "Perfect Parry" him for a huge chunk of dmg but i was never so lucky as to land the perfect parry on him tho...

....I don't think thats possible he jumps back after a perfect parry.
#17MurphysGhostPosted 4/8/2013 6:31:16 AM
Jahkeemyork posted...

....I don't think thats possible he jumps back after a perfect parry.

If he's backed into a corner he can't jump back.

Tricky to make it happen, though.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#18yarrmateysPosted 4/8/2013 6:46:35 AM
If you want to go the counterparry route, stick close (but not too close!) to either of the fences in the area. He will jump from the fence for his leap attack, but will clip the fence while he's hopping back, and sometimes you can get in a counterparry this way.

Corners/walls aren't a good idea, since he will never initiate a leap attack from there.
---
--
-