The Codec convos are longer than the game :O

#1LansfieldPosted 3/30/2013 10:57:24 PM
Just exaggerating. Maybe it's true.
But this uber long codex conversations just don't fit well in this fast-paced action game. It seems like they spent more time doing the Codec than lengthening the game.
#2LeBronHendrixPosted 3/30/2013 11:02:16 PM
Welcome to a MG game.
---
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/320/641/3e9.gif
http://babesdigballs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/klay-300x170.jpg
#3CharonDynamiPosted 3/30/2013 11:10:32 PM
Codec conversations were always my favorite things from the first 3. And 4 has some great codec calls but they are harder to know when to call and the menu is alot less intuitive than in the first 3. I was glad to see it return mostly to normal.
---
The boundlessness of my own stupidity is the greatest lesson I've ever learned.
#4Lansfield(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 1:10:21 AM
I actually enjoyed the codex convos back in the other MGS games. Because he actually kneels down and takes the call...and it gives me a sense of security since that was actually a stealth game, no one knows you exist in the field which gives you time to actually sit down and chat. Just seems different here, you're standing in the open. You've just sliced and diced the cyborgs patrolling the area, it's broad daylight even.
#5SonicSPPosted 3/31/2013 2:21:21 AM
In my opinion, the codex conversations aren't long enough.
---
Crush 40 Rules!!!
#6chaos_belmontPosted 3/31/2013 2:33:20 AM
It's bathroom time.. I thought that was the whole point of them being so long, hope I didn't miss anything important.
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#7nonexistingheroPosted 3/31/2013 9:05:28 AM
And they're not in other MGS games?
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8megasoniczxxPosted 3/31/2013 9:08:27 AM
I actually like the codec on here, it teaches you alot of things about this game's story and some even involve politics and different regions of the world.
#9Silkman3430Posted 3/31/2013 9:11:22 AM(edited)
Lansfield posted...
I actually enjoyed the codex convos back in the other MGS games. Because he actually kneels down and takes the call...and it gives me a sense of security since that was actually a stealth game, no one knows you exist in the field which gives you time to actually sit down and chat. Just seems different here, you're standing in the open. You've just sliced and diced the cyborgs patrolling the area, it's broad daylight even.

So a Cyborg who stomped gekko's in MGS4 and went toe to toe with vamp, and beat MG Ray in his stronger form , is slicing and dicing foes like nothing? You don't say....

The codec's fit in the game because they give more background on Raiden, and other members. It's your choice as to whether you want to listen to them(most of the time). Kneels down and takes the call? Really? Really?
#10HeX4869Posted 3/31/2013 10:12:45 AM
I enjoy them, especially Doktor's.
---
Surface Velocity!