Snake Vs. Raiden

#1solaidenPosted 3/31/2013 5:36:25 PM
A lot of people are asking "who would win if Snake fought Raiden?", and a lot of people are saying Raiden. First off, I want to state the obvious, and say that Snake doesnt have any cyborg enhancements, nor is he even a cyborg. With that said, If Snake did have cyborg enhancements along with all of his combat knowledge, Raiden would NOT stand a chance. But, he isn;t a cyborg, therefore, yes, Raiden would be able to kill him in the blink of an eye. It wouldnt be a fair fight. However, take away Raidens cyborg body/enhancements and give him back his "human body" and then have Raiden and Snake fight, I think Snake would DESTROY him with relative ease. I love Raiden, he is one of my favorite characters from the MGS series (except in MGS2... so basically i like him from MGS4 and after), but I dont think he could beat Snake in a "fair" or "even" fight. However, I know Raiden would destroy him as a cyborg. And to the people saying Jetstream Sam would destroy Grey Fox in a fight because of the technology difference, you are very wrong. Read the Grey Fox armor/suit description in MGR:R "customize" menu. It clearly says that the technology that the Grey Fox armor uses is up to par with modern technology. Grey Fox FTW!!
#2Emi3280Posted 3/31/2013 6:02:04 PM
At the end of MGS2, he gains...erm...I don't know how to explain it. It's not madurity. It's something like when Krillin is killed by Frieza, and Goku transforms to super saiyan. He is super angry that people only use him, and his combat skills rise to the skies. That means, that Raiden from the end of MGS2, can be a problem for Solid Snake in a fist fight. But...if Solid Snake is in his prime (MGS1), it would be an easy win for Snake.
---
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280
#3z1hayzePosted 3/31/2013 6:05:58 PM
Snake in his prime with modern day technology vs Raiden with his modern custom cyborg body and HF Blade.

Snake uses EMP and sneezes on Raiden. Raiden is dead.
---
XBL & PSN GT- xxpurplehayzexx
#4Emi3280Posted 3/31/2013 6:25:33 PM
z1hayze posted...
Snake in his prime with modern day technology vs Raiden with his modern custom cyborg body and HF Blade.

Snake uses EMP and sneezes on Raiden. Raiden is dead.

I don't know where I saw it, but Raiden can't get killed by EMP grenades.
---
#5solaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 6:32:59 PM
Regardless, Snake and Raiden have very different combat styles (Raiden: sword/samurai and Snake: CQC/knife/guns). Just give Snake some HF (high-frequency) bullets and Raiden would be dead. Like the saying goes "dont bring a knife to a gun fight". Im pretty sure that goes for swords and other types of blades as well. haha
#6Oni SeraphPosted 3/31/2013 7:06:31 PM
Just give Snake some HF (high-frequency) bullets

So Raiden can bat them away and blender his ass? They were both about even at the end of MGS2. Though its obvious Snake is better at sneaking, Raiden is better at overt combat/brute strength. Snake could not beat end of MGR:R Raiden in any form we've seen Snake in. Really its like saying "Who would win Snake or Cyborg Snake?"
---
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.
#7solaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 7:21:45 PM
Oni Seraph posted...
Just give Snake some HF (high-frequency) bullets

So Raiden can bat them away and blender his ass? They were both about even at the end of MGS2. Though its obvious Snake is better at sneaking, Raiden is better at overt combat/brute strength. Snake could not beat end of MGR:R Raiden in any form we've seen Snake in. Really its like saying "Who would win Snake or Cyborg Snake?"

if they are HF bullets, they will go right through his sword as he tries to deflect them. and "cyborg" snake vs. raiden, "cyborg" snake would win, I would think anyway.
#8tacomangsxPosted 3/31/2013 7:44:09 PM
Sam would destroy them both.

A real fight would be Snake vs Sam. Considering Sam didn't have much of a cyborg body to begin with and completely dominated Raiden.

Sam would steal the win. Snake wasn't all that amazing.
---
PSN: lnterwebs
PSASBR Main: Ratchet, Spike
#9Oni SeraphPosted 3/31/2013 9:49:29 PM
if they are HF bullets, they will go right through his sword as he tries to deflect them. and "cyborg" snake vs. raiden, "cyborg" snake would win, I would think anyway.

If they were HF bullets they'd be delfected, you know, like all the other HF stuff you parry including an HF Chainsaw. You also misinterpreted the last part of my post, I was saying that Raiden is essentially a Cyborg Snake. If someone is already your equal then gets a complete overhauled and upgraded body, then realizes their full potential, they're probably better than you. Unless Snake gets some insane powerup/advantage there is no way Snake would beat Raiden.
---
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.
#10Emi3280Posted 3/31/2013 9:53:52 PM
tacomangsx posted...
Snake wasn't all that amazing.

*Gives you a flame shield and the keys to a bullet proof bunker*
---