Blade Mode needs an extra button.

#1SugarBoogersPosted 4/3/2013 7:42:09 AM
Specifically, one of the shoulder buttons (preferably RT) should be another automatic slash like square or triangle. This way you can control both joysticks with your thumbs and have your finger primed to slash at any given moment.

It would make that QTE during the final boss much more bearable; I started on hard mode and didn't have any trouble until that part completely wrecked me (and this is after looking through all those topics suggesting ways to position it correctly; I ended up just running from it).
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#2yarrmateysPosted 4/3/2013 7:45:54 AM
Yes.

Although a good workaround to the final boss is to switch the functions of the left and right sticks - left for cut angle, right for camera, so you can use the face buttons after aligning the cut with the left.

It's a bad idea for general combat though, since you usually use the camera (on the left) + face buttons there, necessitating different thumbs.
---
--
-
#3SugarBoogers(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 7:54:18 AM
yarrmateys posted...
Yes.

Although a good workaround to the final boss is to switch the functions of the left and right sticks - left for cut angle, right for camera, so you can use the face buttons after aligning the cut with the left.

It's a bad idea for general combat though, since you usually use the camera (on the left) + face buttons there, necessitating different thumbs.

I actually tried that. Worked perfectly for the first chunk but didn't help me for the second because you still have to tilt the view up for a second, and I can't jump between moving the camera with Rstick to clicking a button fast enough.

Honestly, I feel like the biggest help, besides the extra button, would be to have the little octagon shape around the control sticks like the Gamecube controller has. It'd make it easier to line up a perfectly diagonal slash (although that's kinda overkill).
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#4morthaeusPosted 4/3/2013 8:03:27 AM
I don't use buttons during blade mode. This is interesting to me.
---
Join the myth. Make it a legend. XBL GT morthaeus
#5VesperasPosted 4/3/2013 8:57:43 AM
DON'T^

Once you start using them, you'll never go back, cept on Sundowner and Armstrong.
---
PSN: Vesperas
CEO of Fierce Uprising <3 Dejoule
#6SlaveBladePosted 4/3/2013 8:59:47 AM
Vesperas posted...
DON'T^

Once you start using them, you'll never go back, cept on Sundowner and Armstrong.

Lol sundowner. Didn't even attempt cutting them off my first playthrough, I just cheesed him hardcore.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#7BombermanGoldPosted 4/3/2013 9:32:42 AM
Heh...only feature I kinda wish they'd left in from the early game builds and trailers (particularly the first MGR trailer), is the ability for Raiden to go flat-out beserk in Blade-mode on an enemy.

Now one can only do such at half that speed just mashing the buttons.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#8PyroSparkPosted 4/3/2013 10:21:35 AM
Vesperas posted...
DON'T^

I find it more fun to do it myself instead of using the buttons, personally. I switch between it.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#9UbberDevilPosted 4/3/2013 11:31:43 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
Vesperas posted...
DON'T^

Lol sundowner. Didn't even attempt cutting them off my first playthrough, I just cheesed him hardcore.

Yeah, the only reason I'd cut off all his armor pieces would be to get the lyrics of his battle theme to kick in. Otherwise he's dead in 30 sec.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#10Catalix_proPosted 4/3/2013 1:14:42 PM
Yeah, having R1 as an optional slash button would've been perfect.
---
Hi-fiving a million angels!