So these cyborgs

#1BleidkhordPosted 4/3/2013 7:06:31 AM
Are made of CNT muscle fiber? Shouldn't that make them...i dunno,harder to cut? Yet we cut grunts with impunity with just a regular HF blade made of steel. Is the HF blade made of CNT as well?

This has been bugging me ever since i talked to the Doktor about how Raiden's body worked.
#2PhaildPosted 4/3/2013 7:13:06 AM
And people used to complain why Raiden can't cut soldiers.
---
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 10 days
Let's dance.
#3Robin_MaskPosted 4/3/2013 8:19:33 AM
There are codecs explaining what a HF does.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#4SugarBoogersPosted 4/3/2013 9:36:01 AM
Robin_Mask posted...

Even then, Carbon Nanotubes can only be experimentally cut with lasers; if high frequency blades could do it then they would use that. An iron HF blade could easily slice through steel (given the reasons the codec explains), but even a steel HF blade shouldn't be able to slice CNT.
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#5ViltrisPosted 4/3/2013 5:40:04 PM
I just assumed that's why Raiden has to beat the crap out of everyone before cutting them in half.

Also, nanomachines, son.
---
\/
#6SairosPosted 4/4/2013 12:08:29 AM
SugarBoogers posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

Even then, Carbon Nanotubes can only be experimentally cut with lasers; if high frequency blades could do it then they would use that. An iron HF blade could easily slice through steel (given the reasons the codec explains), but even a steel HF blade shouldn't be able to slice CNT.

High frequency blades have not been invented yet, at least not anywhere near what is portrayed in MGR, as such their viability for cutting carbon nanotubes in RL is a complete unknown and all we have to go on is the game world logic.

Until someone actually creates a fully functional version of a HF blade we have no way of knowing if it is viable or pure fantasy......that is part of the nature of Science-Fiction you know.
---
Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
PSN: Aeturnum
#7KageNinja215Posted 4/4/2013 8:55:35 AM
Sairos posted...
SugarBoogers posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

High frequency blades have not been invented yet, at least not anywhere near what is portrayed in MGR, as such their viability for cutting carbon nanotubes in RL is a complete unknown and all we have to go on is the game world logic.

Until someone actually creates a fully functional version of a HF blade we have no way of knowing if it is viable or pure fantasy......that is part of the nature of Science-Fiction you know.

I read that in Doktor's voice you know.
#8TheMcKnightMarePosted 4/4/2013 10:45:30 AM
KageNinja215 posted...
Sairos posted...
SugarBoogers posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

I read that in Doktor's voice you know.

Now... Read it again... This time in Christopher Walken's voice
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare