Solidus Snake as final boss

#1jihadist123Posted 4/4/2013 1:28:44 PM
Every character in this game is either a stereotype or just generally weak. I didn't even know who Armstrong was until the final boss, but maybe that is due to my bad attention span.

Either way I think it would have been awesome to have Solidus Snake/George Sears reappear somehow. I guess it would have been possible to retcon through cyborg brain technology or whatever, involve the patriots in some way I don't know; it wouldn't have been the worst retcon this series have seen thats for damn sure (god damn MGS4 was a horrible game, it's excluded from my personal canon lol but that's for another rant). Of course he would need a lot of screentime and I guess this game isn't really about rich story as opposed to good gameplay.

I think the history between Raiden and Solidus is really interesting, and having him as the final boss would have made the game very memorable to me. But I guess it would be a bad thing to trivialise the amazing conclusion of MGS2.
At the end of the day I guess it couldn't work out well, but the story in this game just feels pointless to me.
#2Ace10of27SpadesPosted 4/4/2013 1:41:48 PM
I wish we could play as solidus in a game like this
---
Whose footprints are these...
#3maiden1993Posted 4/4/2013 1:42:15 PM
As dumb as the fight is, I wouldn't change a goddamn thing about Armstrong.

It's stupid in the best way possible.
#4DJ_0000Posted 4/4/2013 1:53:05 PM
I was hoping for a VR mission where you fight the MGS2 final fight again but with Revengeance's mechanics. That would have been awesome.
#5The_Ivory_ManPosted 4/4/2013 2:16:49 PM
maiden1993 posted...

It really is
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#6Seifross2010Posted 4/4/2013 3:39:33 PM
I thought Armstrong was originally meant to be Solidus, but Kojima refused to bring him back, or something along those lines. It definitely fits, with Armstrong's strong political ties.
#7jihadist123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:09:56 PM
maiden1993 posted...

"I played some college ball"

So wonderfully cheesy

If all the cliches and stereotypes in this game were intentional satire it would be worthy of some praise, sadly I don't think it is haha.
#8Emi3280Posted 4/4/2013 4:14:14 PM
Solidus as a skin would be awesome too. He has the best exoskeleton ever.
---
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280
#9BlueMethPosted 4/4/2013 5:06:33 PM
jihadist123 posted...
maiden1993 posted...

"I played some college ball"

So wonderfully cheesy

If all the cliches and stereotypes in this game were intentional satire it would be worthy of some praise, sadly I don't think it is haha.

Uh it definitely is, any critique worth his salt would tell you that the final battle and much of the other parts of the game is flooded with satire.

The entire final boss seems to be a bit of parody of MG villains and political nutjobs. It gets pretty serious near the end though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/U2BTmg2.jpg