My MGR2 wish list

• Topic Archived
2 years ago#1
My wish list for Metal Gear Rising 2:

1) pull the camera back... It's just too close to Raiden

2) add actual throwing weapons/skills instead of just teasing them in a cutscene

3) fluid wall running mechanics that enhances MGR's unique combat

4) boss battle arena

5) cutscene theater

6) added boss fight segments on increased difficulties

7) unique skill sets for main weapons

8) better pacing
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
2 years ago#2
TheMcKnightMare posted...

2) add actual throwing weapons/skills instead of just teasing them in a cutscene

4) boss battle arena

5) cutscene theater

8) better pacing

1) Agree.

2) The game is fine as it is, but kunais can't be bad...

3) Like Darksiders II? That mechanic screwed me a lot of times in that game. (I'm still hating it).

4) Like MGS2, god yes.

5) It would be cool, but even cooler if it had a joke theater like in the 2nd disc of MGS3: Substance.

6) I haven't seen that in any game.

7) Every main weapon is the same, they're all blades and swords. It's like wanting the guns from CoD to have alternative ways of usage, instead of just shooting with it.

8) The game's pace is high as hell in high difficulties, but I can agree with you in lower difficulties.
---
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280
2 years ago#3
Pacing, as in giving us 4 full-length chapters, then 3 rushjobs, it certainly needed more time.

Chronologically since R-03 to R-07 takes place in only 12 hours at most, they really couldn't have put anything in between. But a few more globetrotting missions a la R-01 and R-02 could've been fitted in.
---
--
-
2 years ago#4
yarrmateys posted...
Pacing, as in giving us 4 full-length chapters, then 3 rushjobs, it certainly needed more time.

Chronologically since R-03 to R-07 takes place in only 12 hours at most, they really couldn't have put anything in between. But a few more globetrotting missions a la R-01 and R-02 could've been fitted in.

YES...
---
2 years ago#5
Emi3280 posted...
TheMcKnightMare posted...

4) boss battle arena

5) cutscene theater

8) better pacing

1) Agree.

2) The game is fine as it is, but kunais can't be bad...

3) Like Darksiders II? That mechanic screwed me a lot of times in that game. (I'm still hating it).

4) Like MGS2, god yes.

5) It would be cool, but even cooler if it had a joke theater like in the 2nd disc of MGS3: Substance.

6) I haven't seen that in any game.

7) Every main weapon is the same, they're all blades and swords. It's like wanting the guns from CoD to have alternative ways of usage, instead of just shooting with it.

8) The game's pace is high as hell in high difficulties, but I can agree with you in lower difficulties.

Hmm.. Haven't played Darksiders 2... If they could do it right... Like REALLY fluid and not something that would clash with the ninja run mechanics and actually be efficient in combat... I think it has the potential to be really slick
---
2 years ago#6
It's simple. Make the ninja run button work the same way as the dodge button worked in Bayonetta. Single tap, dodge. Double tap and hold, ninja run. Let it also be a dodge offset enabler.

After this, let Raiden scale walls with this new ninja run mechanic, although this is easier said than done since you also have to design the environment around it. A no-go in open arena-types, but useful in small, cramped military installation types. Very hard to get right, so I wouldn't mind if it didn't make it, but it would be nice.

Of course having a dedicated dodge button and linking it smoothly to ninja run means that the entire game would have to be balanced/reworked and enemies have to be made stronger/smarter to account for a more evasive player character, but the mechanics are already there.
---
--
-
2 years ago#7
Also in the next game, don't pre-render the cutscenes, it would be awesome to select the Gray Fox costume and be able to see it in the cutscenes.
2 years ago#8
System4Ever posted...
Also in the next game, don't pre-render the cutscenes, it would be awesome to select the Gray Fox costume and be able to see it in the cutscenes.

This. And how about a custom soundtrack option like what was featured in twisted metal.
---
Believe in the Shield.
2 years ago#9
A practice arena, where you can spawn any enemy(or enemies) you please. Complete with customization options like different terrain and enemy invincibility(for combos).
---
Let's fly to the castle!
Xbox LIVE: Hellwolf8400 | PSN: hellwolf84
2 years ago#10
CaptainWolf posted...
A practice arena, where you can spawn any enemy(or enemies) you please. Complete with customization options like different terrain and enemy invincibility(for combos).

Ooooo.... I REALLY like this idea chief
---

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived