Help, can't get 1000BP on boss GRAD in R02

#1UbberDevilPosted 4/4/2013 11:33:07 PM
I'm at the very end of the mission and I can't get above an A. No damage is out od the question as I wasn't aware the pre-fight was part of the ranking. I hear the 5000BP chip in the pre-fight vanishes when you die or restart so I figure starting all over again would be a waste of time. Anyway, I can't seem to get passed 600 BP. What's a good way to rack up the points?
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#2UbberDevil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 11:56:50 PM
Well I screwed the pooch and died so it saved the time I spent thus ruining any chance of getting an S rank. This fight pretty much requires a back-up save. I thought I could get away with throwing caution to the wind. Even still I'd like to know how you're expected to get 1000BP.
---
#3RaengPosted 4/5/2013 12:02:20 AM
Good way to rack up BP, I've found, is to make sure you don't get hit and farm the Nanopaste his missiles drop (blade mode them). It's a hard fight to S-rank without no damage. I was in the same boat as you (on Very Hard) and raged pretty hard when I found out the pre-fight also counts towards the no-damage placement.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#4UbberDevil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 12:05:19 AM
I had a feeling those missiles could be destroyed but I never would have guessed they dropped points. Thank you, I'll keep that in mind if I can't rely on no damage. I've proven that I can take out both GRADs without getting hit, so I'll just have to make sure I can get through the pre-fight correctly next time.
---
#5yarrmateysPosted 4/5/2013 12:52:15 AM(edited)
There are 2 nanopastes in the arena. That's 200 BP right there.

You can easily rack up a 100hit combo by using the first 2 attacks of the polearm (7 hits) then blademode cancelling. 100 hits = 100 BP.

As for the other 300, you'd have to rely on either slicing missiles for nanopastes (100BP each), or slicing anything, (preferably the shields), into 100 parts (100 BP for 100 parts).

As for the 5000 BP chip, it only gets disregarded if you die. What I do is get the chip, then push the GRAD back while staying undamaged, within 30 seconds. That way you're in perfect position, rank-wise, for the main fight. It's ok to restart, your stats from the pushback phase (which in my case was <30 seconds, 5000 BP, no damage) will carry over.
---
--
-
#62002120141Posted 4/5/2013 12:59:00 AM
Before starting the real fight with the GRAD (the one where you have to push it into the other room), there's a locked chest that contains 5000BP. Get that and then proceed to push the GRAD. Once that happens, your 5000 BP will be secured as there's a checkpoint save and you're guaranteed that BP rank no matter what happens.
#7VesperasPosted 4/5/2013 3:52:26 AM
Item chest. Me and the above poster can't be the only one who knew this...
---
PSN: Vesperas
CEO of Fierce Uprising <3 Dejoule
#8UbberDevil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 9:39:44 AM
Oh so the item chest will stay even when I restart as long as I don't die. That's good to know. Well I have to start over again, hopefully I'll have better luck.
---
#9UbberDevil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 11:03:50 AM
Yay, I did it. Thanks, everyone for the help. The GRAD fight isn't terribly hard, I had just put myself in a bad spot :/ Except for the required, optional fight, this seemed to be the easiest early mission to S rank besides the prologue. I know the last 3 missions won't be much of a hassle since they're so short. I'm definitely not looking forward to doing the fight before Monsoon :(
---
#10hungluo1989Posted 4/5/2013 12:34:45 PM
UbberDevil posted...
Oh so the item chest will stay even when I restart as long as I don't die. That's good to know. Well I have to start over again, hopefully I'll have better luck.

Just go to the customization screen after you get the bp chest then exit back to the game and reopen the chest and repeat.