I don't get why...(R03 spoilers)

#1TheLeafChildPosted 4/5/2013 7:38:44 AM
It's game over when you fall off a building, despite all the crazy s*** Raiden has done before since being a cyborg.
---
"Yin and Yang are not good and evil. Their unity is good, their struggle is evil"
#2VesperasPosted 4/5/2013 7:40:26 AM
As my mommy used to say back in the 90"s... it's just a movie.

This applies to games as well.

Ever play Devil May Cry? You can get impaled by alastor, but take like three scraps?
---
PSN: Vesperas
CEO of Fierce Uprising <3 Dejoule
#3TheLeafChild(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 7:44:55 AM
Yeah, it's a bit silly, kinda breaks WSoD.

It's even more silly since you take a falling ride on top of an elevator all the way to the basement later that chapter.

I guess it's game over because Raiden's too lazy to run around the block and back up the building?
---
"Yin and Yang are not good and evil. Their unity is good, their struggle is evil"
#4prince_nagashPosted 4/5/2013 9:19:36 AM
haha yeah, you're right. It'd break the flow of the game too much so they just consider it a game over.

Like shooting Young Ocelot
#5UbberDevilPosted 4/5/2013 9:41:56 AM
I don't get why the fuel tanks in the GRAD boss fight explode when the exploded debris hits you. The tanks have already blown up and the energy is able to be released, why would it blow up again when touched?
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#6snake2410Posted 4/5/2013 10:15:30 AM
TheLeafChild posted...
Yeah, it's a bit silly, kinda breaks WSoD.

It's even more silly since you take a falling ride on top of an elevator all the way to the basement later that chapter.

I guess it's game over because Raiden's too lazy to run around the block and back up the building?

Plus the the fall at the beginning of R - 05.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 6x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#7DullahansXMarkPosted 4/5/2013 12:37:27 PM
Raiden doesn't die if he falls, it's so you don't have to spend a whole hour trying to retrace your steps.
#8BlueMethPosted 4/5/2013 3:58:45 PM
It's what's called an acceptable break from reality, in which a developer or gamer accepts something because reality would break the game or make it extremely tedious.

Same with Devil May Cry, if we had no acceptable breaks from the reality of Dante's power then the game would be way too easy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/U2BTmg2.jpg
#9TheLeafChild(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 11:32:35 PM
Well, yeah, I get that, I know Raiden wouldn't die if he fell from a mile+ to the ground, but it seems like it would be better to not use the Game Over screen for falling off the building.

In some VR Missions, you can jump off the stage into the void, but Raiden respawns somewhere close instead of going through with a restart screen.

Other games avoid such a break in gameplay such as the Batman games from Rocksteady, some high areas have cinematic prompts to recover from it without loading up a checkpoint.

It's amusing if anything though.
---
#10SigmaSlashPosted 4/8/2013 2:02:51 AM
Raiden falls off a building and dies.

Raiden falls out of airspace after being shot down by UGs and is perfectly fine.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMnhk26J1bM (Proof that Superman and Sephiroth are one and the same.)