MGRR Fresh File Full Completion Hard Challenge

#1Ace10of27SpadesPosted 4/7/2013 2:26:40 PM
This is a tough, tedious challenge, but I learned a lot about combos and exploits along the way. There are some really cool tricks you can pick up on!

* Fresh File
* Hard Difficulty
* S-Rank every level
* No Unique Weapons
* No Upgrades EXCEPT for HF Blade, Skills
* Collect all Data Storage Items
* Collect all ID Chips (left arms)
* Find all Men in Boxes
* Find all VR Terminals
* You will need to achieve all of the following titles in this run:
- Gale Force
- Thunderstorm
- Naked and Unloved
- Samurai
- Ninja

Notes: This is actually surprisingly manageable especially later in the game. When you get to Armstrong though, in his third phase it is basically a No Upgrades battle, so that gets tough. Rocket Launchers and Homing Missiles become especially important, particularly against Vodomjerka and Raptors. I used every type of grenade except for Jamming. In this challenge, especially because getting S-Ranks AND all ID chips is VERY difficult, you will need to back up your files constantly. If you get hit before you get a collectible or ID Chip in a battle, you will lose your No DMG bonus. It will save on the spot, registering your hit. What I did, if I got one before getting hit, is pause immediately, wait for the save to finish, and restart.

If you do this run properly, at endgame you will unlock this stuff:

- Stun Blade
- HF Murasama
- Armor Breaker
- Wooden Sword
- Standard Body
- Wig A
- Wig B
- Blade Mode Wig

Along the way you will automatically unlock these items by default:

- HF Machete
- L'Etranger
- Dystopia
- Bloodlust
- Civilian Disguise ( Mariachi)
- Desperado Armor

***The Hard difficulty setting will not seem like much, but when added to the task of ID Chips and Collectibles, as well as Armstrong, you will appreciate the challenge 'indeed'. It is basically intended to be the ultimate fresh-file default run.
---
Whose footprints are these...
#2Xexor_ZeroPosted 4/7/2013 2:41:21 PM
Good luck trying to get the 100 combo requierment for the senator battle.
---
GT: Xexor Zero
Dude #1: "Did you **** it?" Dude #2: "What?" Dude #1:"Did you **** it"
#3Ace10of27Spades(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 3:16:55 PM
Xexor_Zero posted...

S Ranked it, son. No Dameged it and collected enough extra Nanopastes. Also, a 50-80% combo is far more than enough if you No Damage. I opted for the No Damage method because it is severely masochistic and the 100 hit combo was not necessary. I do have the ability to achieve a 100 hitter quite easily without Blade Mode vs Armstrong though, but it is too risky in a No Damage run.

I already completed this challenge. I have fully completed the game and am working a separate region copy to satisfy my more masochistic desires. There is nothing in this game that is hard for me now, except for Raengs Ultra Elite challenges. Those are completely awesome and fun.
---
#4snake2410Posted 4/7/2013 5:14:22 PM
Ace10of27Spades posted...
Xexor_Zero posted...

S Ranked it, son. No Dameged it and collected enough extra Nanopastes. Also, a 50-80% combo is far more than enough if you No Damage. I opted for the No Damage method because it is severely masochistic and the 100 hit combo was not necessary. I do have the ability to achieve a 100 hitter quite easily without Blade Mode vs Armstrong though, but it is too risky in a No Damage run.

I already completed this challenge. I have fully completed the game and am working a separate region copy to satisfy my more masochistic desires. There is nothing in this game that is hard for me now, except for Raengs Ultra Elite challenges. Those are completely awesome and fun.

Lol, when you psn messaged me I thought you were just starting this run. Think I said something about being careful of getting left arms since you loose the no damage when you get hit and grab an arm and can't get it on that fight. Disregard it lol.

Good job, never been into challenge runs myself. Usually give me either too much frustration or I just don't find them rewarding. I'm satisfied achieving all the trophies. Hopefully revengeance on the Sam DLC isn't too bad for me.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 6x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#5Ace10of27Spades(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 5:17:49 PM
The challenge runs are too restrictive and unfun I agree. It does add value to the "I don't give a s-" playthroughs haha. MG games are enjoyable in so many ways! I too am very satisfied with having the trophies, that was a bit masochistic to do haha. I am just doing a fun Hebidamashii playthrough, and I will say this, completely not caring about S-Ranks is AWESOME.
---
#6snake2410Posted 4/7/2013 5:50:00 PM
Ace10of27Spades posted...
The challenge runs are too restrictive and unfun I agree. It does add value to the "I don't give a s-" playthroughs haha. MG games are enjoyable in so many ways! I too am very satisfied with having the trophies, that was a bit masochistic to do haha. I am just doing a fun Hebidamashii playthrough, and I will say this, completely not caring about S-Ranks is AWESOME.

That's what I did on my last playthrough. After I S ranked Revengeance I went nuts and just blasted through the game on hard just having fun. Haven't done a playthrough since because those DLC VR's burnt me out a little. I'll be jumping back in on Tuesday of course though with the Sam dlc. Hopefully it won't be too bad though.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 6x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!