Jetstream Sam DLC worth $10?

#71Boss-CelotPosted 4/15/2013 1:49:45 AM
darkbeam posted...
SillySkeleton posted...
Hmm, not sure if I'll go for this DLC at it's current price. All I really wanted was the option to play as Sam throughout Raiden's campaign. I'd only sign up for the combat, but a single chapter would probably get old too fast for my $20.

the combat isnt that great either, since they changed how it works completely

in the main game as you might now it is more dmc/ng style, in the dlc it is dynasty warriors, meaning triangle doenst have its own combos, it is only a button to press between squares vs raidens style that you could do multiple different combos with starting square OR triangle

I don't think it will be worth the $10 or $5 for that matter.

Why do so many here "fanboygasm" over Sam's DLC with such a short story and broken controls?
---
Metal Gear Solid 6 - Sons of the Patriots
#72Retroxgamer0Posted 4/16/2013 4:04:36 AM(edited)
Why do so many here "fanboygasm" over Sam's DLC with such a short story and broken controls?

hell if i know, im a "troll" for saying it like it is...it was just a rushed cashin. reused zones, no customization, shallow hack and slash gameplay, almost no cutscenes. they masked all of it by making the AI artificially harder, and thats the only source of replay value...playing the same reused content over and over and relying on your own timing rather than actual fun and innovative gameplay which is nonexistant. anyone realistic knows this dlc is a cheap cash in and nothing more...
#73LumusidereusPosted 4/16/2013 4:32:58 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

hell if i know, im a "troll" for saying it like it is...it was just a rushed cashin. reused zones, no customization, shallow hack and slash gameplay, almost no cutscenes. they masked all of it by making the AI artificially harder, and thats the only source of replay value...playing the same reused content over and over and relying on your own timing rather than actual fun and innovative gameplay which is nonexistant. anyone realistic knows this dlc is a cheap cash in and nothing more...

There are far worse "cash-in" examples; so much worse that you can't really call this DLC the same. It's more like a "financing DLC"; far from the best, far from the worse. It's good enough, but not for everyone.
#74ISquat600lbsPosted 4/16/2013 10:05:31 AM
In short:

Retroxgamer0 isn't a troll, people just act like douchebags because they're upset by his legit opinions.

No, the DLC isn't worth $10 if you compare it to any good and well priced DLC for any other game. It is overpriced, it is very short, it's made up of recycled content (enemies, bosses, locations, music) and Sam's motivation for joining Marshall should've been explained in a
single 2 minute cutscene in the main game.

Yes, this board is full of childish fanboys, many of which probably don't have any idea how much of a fanboy they come across when they try to argue against legit flaws.

DmC is worse than MGR, but it has far better DLC.

All facts, anyone who disagrees is an idiot and probably has breath that smells worse than an Iraqi wrestler's farts the day after a taco eating contest.
#75TheGrandFinalePosted 4/18/2013 7:22:57 PM
I think it's worth every buck.
---
GT- F0rneus / Nintendo Network - F0rneus / PSN -Helphinx / Steam- Chern0bog / 3DS FC: 4425-1553-4029
#76Ace10of27SpadesPosted 4/18/2013 8:43:35 PM
I got my ten dollars worth. Also being self-sufficient and not having a hard time making ten dollars helps me feel even less bad about it. I like the gameplay style and the bossfights were awesome. I get a boss fight for every $3.33 spent. Not bad at all.
---
"Lack of comprehension / Thriving on your cliche / Compelled by self resentment!"
PSN: Ninja-_-Radness, Ace10of27Spades
#77Ace10of27SpadesPosted 4/18/2013 8:47:59 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

If they gave you everything you want, it would be $60 and have it's own title...And the controls would be totally different, apparently.

DLC levels/chapters are almost always reused elements from the actual game. It is beyond me why people expect a totally new game in a DLC package.
---
"Lack of comprehension / Thriving on your cliche / Compelled by self resentment!"
PSN: Ninja-_-Radness, Ace10of27Spades
#78DullahansXMarkPosted 4/18/2013 9:17:01 PM
ISquat600lbs posted...
In short:

Retroxgamer0 isn't a troll, people just act like douchebags because they're upset by his legit opinions.

No, the DLC isn't worth $10 if you compare it to any good and well priced DLC for any other game. It is overpriced, it is very short, it's made up of recycled content (enemies, bosses, locations, music) and Sam's motivation for joining Marshall should've been explained in a
single 2 minute cutscene in the main game.

Yes, this board is full of childish fanboys, many of which probably don't have any idea how much of a fanboy they come across when they try to argue against legit flaws.

DmC is worse than MGR, but it has far better DLC.

All facts, anyone who disagrees is an idiot and probably has breath that smells worse than an Iraqi wrestler's farts the day after a taco eating contest.

At least the bad-breathed idiots don't constantly contradict themselves several times per post.

Just to name one from this post: "I can't believe Retroxgamer is getting flamed for stating his opinion that he doesn't like the DLC. How dare you, when the DLC sucks. And if, in your opinion, it doesn't suck, then you're a Stinky McStinkyhead."

I pray to God that you're just trolling.
#79DullahansXMarkPosted 4/18/2013 9:26:01 PM
Ace10of27Spades posted...
I got my ten dollars worth. Also being self-sufficient and not having a hard time making ten dollars helps me feel even less bad about it. I like the gameplay style and the bossfights were awesome. I get a boss fight for every $3.33 spent. Not bad at all.

Let's one-up that a bit.

$3 per boss battle, $1 for the whole level.

I'll admit I was a bit disappointed by the last-second price jack (pun intended) myself, and I do think $10 is a bit on the hefty side given the content, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. With a game like this, multiple playthroughs are encouraged just for gameplay alone (never mind unlockables), and although Jetstream wasn't worth $10 after the first playthrough (even though it was REALLY awesome, I'll repeat), once I finished my third it was definitely worth the money.

Haters gonna hate, and I'm gonna laugh because some kids didn't think to do multiple playthroughs of something they spent their hard-earned allowance on. (there was actually that one topic that was really funny about this, too.)
#80NemhyPosted 4/23/2013 3:31:52 AM
Haters gonna hate, and I'm gonna laugh because some kids didn't think to do multiple playthroughs of something they spent their hard-earned allowance on. (there was actually that one topic that was really funny about this, too.)

I found it pointless to do multiple playthroughs...then again I'm usually not that type of gamer. If I need to play something several times consecutively to feel like I got my money's worth, then it isn't worth it to me. (I did enjoy my one playthrough of this DLC though :P)