10$ for 95% reused assets.

#41Ace10of27SpadesPosted 4/10/2013 6:57:19 PM
The game is beatable in 60-90 minutes. It costs $60.
The DLC is beatable in 20-30. It costs $10.
The DLC is 1/3 the length of the full game. It is 16 the price.
Not a bad deal. Especially considering the following;

- We get to play as Sam.
- All new cutscenes.
- All new gameplay style.
- All new areas and level designs. Only the Japanese Garden area is a total recycle, really. The sewer does recycle Mexico's sewer level scenery, though. But how different are sewers really going to look? The construction of sewer systems is pretty much the same all over, especially modern ones.
- 4 New trophies, 5 new Data Storage items, and 3 new Titles.
- Incredibly fun.

Now lets just say each of those qualities are worth two bucks each, (and I think they are,) then we got a pretty decent deal in my opinion.
---
Yes, tovarich!
#42NinjaSergePosted 4/10/2013 7:11:43 PM
Your internet connection must be god awful then, I clocked in 1hr and 30 minutes my first time through, and I spent 2 hours trying to beat VR 4 without using any repair paste.

And if anybody says the bosses aren't different? Are you freaking kidding me

Armstrong is a TANK that attacks like 5000 times on HARD mode, and bladewolf is the same way. Enemies are a lot more aggressive in this, and sam plays entirely different than Raiden.
You get to fight three bosses in the same chapter too, so like...half a boss rush?

This being said I was sad that The Hot Wind Blows wasn't in this dlc D:
#43RichterB17Posted 4/10/2013 7:16:55 PM
NinjaSerge posted...
Your internet connection must be god awful then, I clocked in 1hr and 30 minutes my first time through, and I spent 2 hours trying to beat VR 4 without using any repair paste.

And if anybody says the bosses aren't different? Are you freaking kidding me

Armstrong is a TANK that attacks like 5000 times on HARD mode, and bladewolf is the same way. Enemies are a lot more aggressive in this, and sam plays entirely different than Raiden.
You get to fight three bosses in the same chapter too, so like...half a boss rush?

This being said I was sad that The Hot Wind Blows wasn't in this dlc D:

Yeah I thought this DLC was pretty cool and very replayable. I wish we could use Sam outside of his mission though. It would be cool to fight Monsoon and Mistral with Sam, but other than that I had fun and I even liked the VR Missions (although I am missing one). I love VR Mission 5.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#44darkbeamPosted 4/10/2013 7:26:57 PM(edited)
Ace10of27Spades posted...

- We get to play as Sam.
- All new cutscenes.
- All new areas and level designs. Only the Japanese Garden area is a total recycle, really. The sewer does recycle Mexico's sewer level scenery, though. But how different are sewers really going to look? The construction of sewer systems is pretty much the same all over, especially modern ones.
- Incredibly fun.

Now lets just say each of those qualities are worth two bucks each, (and I think they are,) then we got a pretty decent deal in my opinion.

wow just...wow

the main game is beatable in an hour yes but you have to be playing on easy and on a speed run mentality, this dlc? it is beatable under 10mins, my first run in this dlc on hard took me an hour, thats as long as it took me to beat monsoon on my first time through the game on hard with minimal upgrades

also this dlc is NOT 1/3rd of the main games length...it never will be either no matter how hard you try to believe it

but on to the dlc portion of your post

i only counted 4 total cut scenes and they weren't really that good compared to the main game, the camera angles were mediocre, the story telling in them was below average
and the action scene (notice the lack of an s) was poorly executed considering all of raidens and how they atleast had some flair to them

new gameplay style? im sorry i couldnt stop laughing, i mean do you really count a dynasty warriors control scheme a new style? atleast with raiden triangle had its own move list! let alone sam's moves are slow as taking a crap after you ate a jar of molasses

all new areas? what dlc were you playing? all of the levels were reused with some boxes moved around and hallways connecting differently, ok there are a few hallways that didnt exist in the main game but do you see where i am going with this? you paid 10 bucks for hallways

did you really just count trophys as part of the main selling point...? no this point im not even going to touch because it is that stupid

pure personal opinion, was the dlc fun? sure but was it worth 10 bucks for one long level? or better yet, was in as you put it, "incredible"? nope, it is mildly entertaining at best and mediocre at worst

edit: sorry i forgot a part of your post

"Now lets just say each of those qualities are worth two bucks each, (and I think they are,) then we got a pretty decent deal in my opinion."

i can take 10 bucks, go to borderlands 2 and get a dlc for the same price that lasts 3-6 hours with more replayable content that can be used in the main game, if you think 10 bucks for A SINGLE MISSION is a good deal, you must love to get ripped off
#45AkazoraPosted 4/10/2013 7:34:45 PM
Ace10of27Spades posted...

- We get to play as Sam.
- All new cutscenes.
- Incredibly fun.

Go google Tokyo sewer system
#46Ace10of27SpadesPosted 4/10/2013 7:40:44 PM
Tokyo sewer system is one sewer system. Do I really need to get specific? Either way, how different are you really going to make a sewer in a video game. Super Mario Brothers recycled the same bricks in every level, but no one complained about that.
---
Yes, tovarich!
#47NinjaSergePosted 4/10/2013 7:41:11 PM
Since when would trophies not be a selling point? I played the main game for about 55 hours now, and a lot of that is exploring for collectibles, S ranking all the bosses and no damage, and the VR missions.
And I seriously doubt you could beat this in 10 minutes, and for somebody that took an hour to beat monsoon, you got a lot better when you played this DLC and beat it in an hour. Did you also get all 5 VR missions?
Oh probably not.
Did you S rank all the missions? No again?
Did you no damage Armstrong? Oh look at that...another no
You are nitpicking in the worst possible way, and yes, his move set is entirely different. He has the same moveset on here as he did as a boss in the main game.

And the borderlands 2 DLC...added crap for new loot, hey seraph guns? Oh...they are worse than purple rarity and take a week of farming to just buy one of them. The BL2 dlc was crap compared to BL 1 dlc, so you made a terrible terrible point.
(except for the newest BL2 dlc which gave us 11 levels and a new rarity. that was awesome)
#48RichterB17Posted 4/10/2013 7:52:48 PM
darkbeam posted...
wow just...wow

the main game is beatable in an hour yes but you have to be playing on easy and on a speed run mentality, this dlc? it is beatable under 10mins, my first run in this dlc on hard took me an hour, thats as long as it took me to beat monsoon on my first time through the game on hard with minimal upgrades

also this dlc is NOT 1/3rd of the main games length...it never will be either no matter how hard you try to believe it

i only counted 4 total cut scenes and they weren't really that good compared to the main game, the camera angles were mediocre, the story telling in them was below average
and the action scene (notice the lack of an s) was poorly executed considering all of raidens and how they atleast had some flair to them

new gameplay style? im sorry i couldnt stop laughing, i mean do you really count a dynasty warriors control scheme a new style? atleast with raiden triangle had its own move list! let alone sam's moves are slow as taking a crap after you ate a jar of molasses

all new areas? what dlc were you playing? all of the levels were reused with some boxes moved around and hallways connecting differently, ok there are a few hallways that didnt exist in the main game but do you see where i am going with this? you paid 10 bucks for hallways

did you really just count trophys as part of the main selling point...? no this point im not even going to touch because it is that stupid

pure personal opinion, was the dlc fun? sure but was it worth 10 bucks for one long level? or better yet, was in as you put it, "incredible"? nope, it is mildly entertaining at best and mediocre at worst

"Now lets just say each of those qualities are worth two bucks each, (and I think they are,) then we got a pretty decent deal in my opinion."

i can take 10 bucks, go to borderlands 2 and get a dlc for the same price that lasts 3-6 hours with more replayable content that can be used in the main game, if you think 10 bucks for A SINGLE MISSION is a good deal, you must love to get ripped off

Single long mission (took me 2:30 on Hard because I actually took my time and I still missed some hidden missions) and 5 VR Missions which out of the 4 mission I played thought they were very fun especially VR mission 5. Also come on man saying you can beat it in 10 minutes is a bit ridiculous. Maybe it can be done, I don't know, but you probably have to skip a lot of missions to do it and play it on Easy Mode.

Look man if you actually bought it and didn't enjoy then I'm sorry you wasted your money, but don't get all pissy and start pissing on other peoples parades because they enjoyed it.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#49Ace10of27SpadesPosted 4/10/2013 8:03:24 PM
darkbeam posted...
wow just...wow

*>I beat MGRR on Revengeance with all S-Ranks in 1:20. The DLC is beatable in 20 minutes, but not ten.

*> I am obviously more qualified than you are to determine that. Yes it is.

*> Your opinion may be valid, because it is yours, but I doubt I am alone in disagreeing with you.

*> You laugh at stuff like that? Fascinating. His playstyle and combosare 100% different than Raiden. It's a fact, not debatable as an opinion might be. Sams moves are slow. It's not a problem, it's a challenge.

*> When I bought MGS1, I paid a good price for hallways, and they were awesome. These hallways rock. The level design is totally different in most places, it's also a non-debatable fact. Wolfenstein 3d and Doom also consisted of hallways, and they were epic.

*> You are trying really hard. What is it that makes you put so much effort into looking like a butt? Obviously it wouldn't be the main sales point, but I forgive your poor reading comprehension.

*> Hell yes it was fun. I also found it incredible. The fact that I find it incredible is non-debatable. You can feel differently. It exceeded my expectation, so I forgive the price which did the same.

*> Borderlands makes me want to sleep. But some people love it and I understand that. I don't bother them about it. I really don't feel ripped off. I worked less than an hour for a DLC that I really enjoy. I have already enjoyed this several hours longer than I had to work for it. Right now I'm averaging about 5 minutes of work per hour of fun on this. And the numbers only average better and better. Hell of a value. Being working class rocks.
---
Yes, tovarich!
#50darkbeamPosted 4/10/2013 8:51:20 PM
Ace10of27Spades

"*>I beat MGRR on Revengeance with all S-Ranks in 1:20. The DLC is beatable in 20 minutes, but not ten."

10mins off, sorry was i supposed to be impressed? even with 10mins off in my estimate that is still 20mins which is still way too damn short for a 10 dollar price tag

"*> I am obviously more qualified than you are to determine that. Yes it is."

ok lets count here, this dlc has 1 mission, now count with me will you, the missions in the main game

0 (prologue counts)
1 (first mission)
2 (second mission)
3 (third mission)
4 (4th mission)
5 (5th mission)
6 (6th mission)
7 (7th mission)

now...explain how in any alternate universe that has math, that 1 mission is one third of 7 missions, im not just counting time to complete, i am counting sheer numbers here, since you are so much more qualified than me i expect a real answer

"*> Your opinion may be valid, because it is yours, but I doubt I am alone in disagreeing with you."

considering you did not even state what you disagreed with i am sorely disappointed with you here because while you have failed to do simple division you have also failed to point out what you even disagree with, the fact i said the dlc's cutscenes were sub-par to the main game? the fact that what content the cutscenes have are bare bones? what?

"*> You laugh at stuff like that? Fascinating. His playstyle and combosare 100% different than Raiden. It's a fact, not debatable as an opinion might be. Sams moves are slow. It's not a problem, it's a challenge."

did you not even read what i said? i said i laughed at how you think that this is new gameplay with less possible moves, slower moves with lower damage (for someone who beat raiden i expected for him to atleast do higher damage for the sake for slower moves) and that absolute fact that the triangle button has no combos of its own, that it is a direct rip from the dynasty warriors system of combos, which the main game doesnt have, it has a dmc/ng style, not dynasty warriors

"*> When I bought MGS1, I paid a good price for hallways, and they were awesome. These hallways rock. The level design is totally different in most places, it's also a non-debatable fact. Wolfenstein 3d and Doom also consisted of hallways, and they were epic."

so you are saying just because wolfenstein and doom did it that it is ok?

i mean have you PLAYED the main game here? this dlc is taking what the main game has for level design and throwing it out the window for games that came out in what, 95?

mgs1 has better level design than this, i mean your argument here, if i am reading it right is that it is ok to make your dlc worse than the main games standard for level design, if i am reading that right then man...that is one horrible point for you to make

"*> You are trying really hard. What is it that makes you put so much effort into looking like a butt? Obviously it wouldn't be the main sales point, but I forgive your poor reading comprehension."

maybe you need to reread what you said as you sure as hell mentioned it like it was a main selling point "- 4 New trophies, 5 new Data Storage items, and 3 new Titles." among other points you were listing to make it sound more appealing, i mean...if someone doesnt have any reading comprehension it would have to be you on this point

also i love how you were the first to throw an insult here, all i did was say your points were stupid in my post, but by all means throw the first one directed right at another user here, not his stance or argument but then i am able to tell when someone is arguing a point and not insulting someone, maybe you need to learn how to do that? idk did they bother to teach you that in school?

the rest i can agree with because that is personal opinion, not everyone likes bl2 but it is one hell of a comparison if someone who has $10