Any tips for Sam's final boss no damage?

#1HaderiaPosted 4/10/2013 2:11:02 PM
Finally made it to the second half of the fight and all of his attacks have zero recovery time and the only way I can damage him is to hit him with a light attack or two in between attacks which is extremely risky.
#2MasterLLPosted 4/10/2013 2:15:49 PM
Dodge like hell against his flaming Bionic Arm.

Make sure you Taunt him.
- If he is close, do 1-2 slice (depending on what he does next) then dodge his attack (or cancel into Parry).

- If he does the earthquake crack attack, get into an open part where you won't get hurt, use Quick Draw.
- If he does that "Charge Up Area Explosion", get away from the radius (it now shows you the range), and use Quick Draw.

About 2-3 fully charge Quick Draw when he is Taunted will kill him easily.
---
Playing: Neptune Victory | Want: Dragon's Crown
http://www.youtube.com/MasterLL
#3LumusidereusPosted 4/10/2013 2:20:57 PM
Read "Charged Slash" where he wrote Quick Draw*.
#4Haderia(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 2:21:17 PM
- If he does that "Charge Up Area Explosion", get away from the radius (it now shows you the range), and use Quick Draw.

He did this twice in a row while taunted by pure luck and I beat him. Thanks for the help :)
#5snake2410Posted 4/10/2013 4:19:21 PM
Haderia posted...

He did this twice in a row while taunted by pure luck and I beat him. Thanks for the help :)

Why can't I have your luck. He barely does that move. Only once did I manage to get him below 25%.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 6x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#6LumusidereusPosted 4/10/2013 5:45:32 PM
His pattern of attacks is ridiculous once you find it out. If you can't do it on Hard, try on Revengeance, it's a bit easier.
#7NinjaSergePosted 4/10/2013 5:47:38 PM
I was doing this for 2 hours earlier today and the only way I EVER got him to do his area explosion attack was if I was either right on top of him and did a forward roll, or just did straight backwards evades to dodge his grab attack. I seriously don't think his AI will ever use that move if you keep side dodging...he never did for me at least.
#8snake2410Posted 4/10/2013 5:50:06 PM
Lumusidereus posted...
His pattern of attacks is ridiculous once you find it out. If you can't do it on Hard, try on Revengeance, it's a bit easier.

What would make it easier on Revengeance? Just curious because if you're referring to perfect parrying then I don't know how that would work for me since I usually have to dodge more then parry, my problem is his grab attack and his fire dash when I get backed into a wall because he is so random whether he'll just bounce right back at you or slide around the wall. Messes up my dodge every time.

Although I can see how if you actually block his attacks without using taunt and can perfect parry him it might help, unless he's like in the main game and isn't perfect parryable. I can get him to 21% health but always get pegged or grabbed.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 6x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#9NinjaSergePosted 4/10/2013 5:55:26 PM
snake2410 posted...
Lumusidereus posted...

What would make it easier on Revengeance? Just curious because if you're referring to perfect parrying then I don't know how that would work for me since I usually have to dodge more then parry, my problem is his grab attack and his fire dash when I get backed into a wall because he is so random whether he'll just bounce right back at you or slide around the wall. Messes up my dodge every time.

Although I can see how if you actually block his attacks without using taunt and can perfect parry him it might help, unless he's like in the main game and isn't perfect parryable. I can get him to 21% health but always get pegged or grabbed.

As far as I know, you can't perfect parry any of Armstrong's attacks, main game included. I'm curious to know why he'd be easier on harder modes as well. Only thing I could think of is he uses his other attacks more...and his unpunishable stuff less.
#10KiraYamatoDaManPosted 4/10/2013 5:58:36 PM
He's only easier on revengeance difficulty in the main game because the QTEs from blocking his charged-up punch punishes the crap out of him. Since you can't actually parry it in Sam's mode, he should be more difficult. I haven't actually played it on revengeance mode though so it's just pure speculation on my side.
---
Currently playing : Metal Gear Rising, Resident Evil 6
~PSN: AppleDough