Any tips for Sam's final boss no damage?

#11Ace10of27SpadesPosted 4/10/2013 7:01:37 PM
KiraYamatoDaMan posted...
He's only easier on revengeance difficulty in the main game because the QTEs from blocking his charged-up punch punishes the crap out of him. Since you can't actually parry it in Sam's mode, he should be more difficult. I haven't actually played it on revengeance mode though so it's just pure speculation on my side.

On Revengeance, taunted enemies take heavy damage.
---
Yes, tovarich!
#12TearsfoUniversePosted 4/10/2013 7:03:57 PM
I would say do it on hard cause his fist of the north star doesn't last as long compared to revengeance. and when he throws his helcopters jump in the air and cut them so they don't hit the ground and **** you. also taunt him when he has an opening so you can deliver more damage
---
The war has begun, but there is still so much cake and other things to burn
#13ClawsPosted 4/10/2013 7:16:06 PM
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIDSc6kah8Y
#14snake2410Posted 4/10/2013 7:31:06 PM
Ace10of27Spades posted...
He's only easier on revengeance difficulty in the main game because the QTEs from blocking his charged-up punch punishes the crap out of him. Since you can't actually parry it in Sam's mode, he should be more difficult. I haven't actually played it on revengeance mode though so it's just pure speculation on my side.

Hmm, that might be the way I have to go. I just can't seem to do better then 28% now. Best I got was 21% earlier. Might have to go for it on revengeance then. Frustrating that I get so close only to get screwed by something stupid.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 6x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#15Ace10of27SpadesPosted 4/10/2013 7:43:18 PM
snake2410 posted...

Hmm, that might be the way I have to go. I just can't seem to do better then 28% now. Best I got was 21% earlier. Might have to go for it on revengeance then. Frustrating that I get so close only to get screwed by something stupid.

It will happen in Revengeance difficulty too bro. But every charged triangle attack on a successfully taunted Senator takes 20% damage away more and less. This means that with five taunted charge attacks you can beat him or be very close to it. He does CHEESE you bad on Revengeance, fair warning, but I think you will be ok.
---
Yes, tovarich!
#16MasterLLPosted 4/10/2013 8:53:10 PM
I got a near perfect tactic on Revenge mode for No Damage. I'll post it once I review my video to see (to assure I give the right information).

My Phase 1 Tactic pretty much works, sadly Phase 2 is too random to assure anything will work as stated.. but the idea on how to kill him still stands.
---
Playing: Neptune Victory | Want: Dragon's Crown
http://www.youtube.com/MasterLL
#17snake2410Posted 4/10/2013 9:55:02 PM
snake2410 posted...

It will happen in Revengeance difficulty too bro. But every charged triangle attack on a successfully taunted Senator takes 20% damage away more and less. This means that with five taunted charge attacks you can beat him or be very close to it. He does CHEESE you bad on Revengeance, fair warning, but I think you will be ok.

Gonna cloud my hard save just in case and then try revengeance. If I could just get lucky and get two red circle slam attacks in a row with him taunted it would be over. I got that to happen earlier with him around 45% health but it only put him at like 30% after the second and only managed to get him to 28% before getting hit. I think they made this too cheap and hard for only a silver.
---
#18Samrising22Posted 4/10/2013 11:06:46 PM
snake2410 posted...
snake2410 posted...

Gonna cloud my hard save just in case and then try revengeance. If I could just get lucky and get two red circle slam attacks in a row with him taunted it would be over. I got that to happen earlier with him around 45% health but it only put him at like 30% after the second and only managed to get him to 28% before getting hit. I think they made this too cheap and hard for only a silver.

I've done no damage for revengeance and hard. It's definitely easier on hard. While you may do more damage on revengeance, he is faster, and does his normal/fire charge a lot more often. I would recommend mastering dodge and doing it on hard.
#19MasterLLPosted 4/10/2013 11:54:49 PM
Here's my tactic for Revengeance mode.. but one thing it is a must: Have a RPG equipped

My Phase 1 tactic works pretty much everytime, just Step 8 can vary depending on your luck.. but Step 01-07 puts him nearly at 50% extremely quick so you don't have to waste time against his "Bionic Arm" until the 2nd Phase.

01) Right at the very beginning, fire your RPG to cause his "Power Up Cutscene"
02) Taunt afterwards and dodge roll to him (he should be doing his ground flame slam)
03) 3 weak attacks, then dodge forward (he should try to uppercut you)
04) 3 more weak attacks, then dodge forward again (he should try to boot-kick you)
05) Full Charge Strong
06) Quickly run behind him right when he does his "firewall"
07) Do another Full Charge Strong
08) Taunt and attack whenever he does to you (very low chance of him using his "Bionic Armstrong")

This should put you on Phase 2.

From here, it is just Taunt him to allow you to deal tons of damage and hit him.
Any tactics on the first Phase can be done to him on this phase too if he does it.. but majority of the time he'll be:

- Using Bionic Armstrong, just dodge and hope to hell he doesn't go spazz on you.
- Grab spamming, easy to dodge and use your Strong attack to deal decent damage
- Area Explosion, just double dodge backward and charge up your Strong to hit you instantly after he release his Area Explosion.

My video of it on YT should be uploaded whenever its done uploading if anyone is curious to check it out. I think it works pretty damn well considering I'm no pro-player in these kind of games.
---
Playing: Vanquish | Want: Dragon's Crown, Atelier Eschatology
http://www.youtube.com/MasterLL
#20snake2410Posted 4/11/2013 1:13:51 AM(edited)
MasterLL posted...
Here's my tactic for Revengeance mode.. but one thing it is a must: Have a RPG equipped

My Phase 1 tactic works pretty much everytime, just Step 8 can vary depending on your luck.. but Step 01-07 puts him nearly at 50% extremely quick so you don't have to waste time against his "Bionic Arm" until the 2nd Phase.

01) Right at the very beginning, fire your RPG to cause his "Power Up Cutscene"
02) Taunt afterwards and dodge roll to him (he should be doing his ground flame slam)
03) 3 weak attacks, then dodge forward (he should try to uppercut you)
04) 3 more weak attacks, then dodge forward again (he should try to boot-kick you)
05) Full Charge Strong
06) Quickly run behind him right when he does his "firewall"
07) Do another Full Charge Strong
08) Taunt and attack whenever he does to you (very low chance of him using his "Bionic Armstrong")

This should put you on Phase 2.

From here, it is just Taunt him to allow you to deal tons of damage and hit him.
Any tactics on the first Phase can be done to him on this phase too if he does it.. but majority of the time he'll be:

- Using Bionic Armstrong, just dodge and hope to hell he doesn't go spazz on you.
- Grab spamming, easy to dodge and use your Strong attack to deal decent damage
- Area Explosion, just double dodge backward and charge up your Strong to hit you instantly after he release his Area Explosion.

My video of it on YT should be uploaded whenever its done uploading if anyone is curious to check it out. I think it works pretty damn well considering I'm no pro-player in these kind of games.

This is were he gets me every time. I try to use triangle to deal damage but somehow half the time he manages to grab me even if I time the dodge in the middle of the attack.

Phase 1 wasn't bad at all once I figured out a way to get him to do his area attack right in the beginning. I took him down in that phase within like a minute, heli's didn't give me any issues either. Got good at them with Monsoon and didn't find it much different, easier even I think.

And honestly, I almost think the extra damage on revengeance would help me because I can dodge him really well for like the first 2 - 3 minutes of the fight but then I wear out. I'm sure I could get the speed difference timing down fairly quick, its just doing it for more then 2 - 3 minutes is when I screw up. The extra damage, especially if I can get him into one of his area attacks, is what I'm lacking.

And now my best is 14%.
---