Could Monsoon take on Armstrong?

#1PlasmabatPosted 4/12/2013 8:26:17 PM
Monsoon has a detachable body which renders him immune to all physical attacks, and has magnetic force which could potentially lift and control Armstrong's nano machine body. My only doubts are if his Dystopia Sais can even harm him. It seems to me that Monsoon is a person that takes too much finesse to kill for Armstrong.
#2313ArcherPosted 4/12/2013 8:27:54 PM
Pretty sure Armstrong would just Falcon Punch through the magnetic BS and tear Monsoon apart.
#3vgman94Posted 4/12/2013 8:28:08 PM
They both are incredibly powerful, moreso than Raiden without Ripper Mode and Sam. I'd say you're right though. But from a gameplay perspective, Monsoon could probably combo the hell out of him. But would take a lot of damage from any of Armstrong's hit. It'd be a cat and mouse deal with that.
#4313ArcherPosted 4/12/2013 8:33:06 PM
vgman94 posted...
They both are incredibly powerful, moreso than Raiden without Ripper Mode and Sam. I'd say you're right though. But from a gameplay perspective, Monsoon could probably combo the hell out of him. But would take a lot of damage from any of Armstrong's hit. It'd be a cat and mouse deal with that.

I'd say Armstrongs blows are just as powerful as Raiden's Perfect Parry, which somehow stuns Monsoon. I'm pretty sujre he could just spam that. OR THEY COULD HAVE A HELICOPTOR/TANK THROWING FIGHT SINCE ARMSTRONG CAN APPARENTLY THROW THOSE WITH HIS MIND OR SOMETHING
#5SugarBoogersPosted 4/12/2013 9:10:06 PM
Can Monsoon even damage Armstrong? His kicks aren't going to do anything significant, and his flying body parts aren't likely to either, so it comes down to his Sai.
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#6KrakenPosted 4/12/2013 10:08:46 PM
SugarBoogers posted...
Can Monsoon even damage Armstrong? His kicks aren't going to do anything significant, and his flying body parts aren't likely to either, so it comes down to his Sai.

Except then the whole "nice knife!" thing would be quite literal before he basically eats the sai and spits the shards into Monsoon's face.
---
"I would say she saved him, the same way someone that dives on a grenade saves on burial costs." - Alkanshel on FFT
#7TalkstoHimselfPosted 4/12/2013 10:11:47 PM
Monsoon still has a brain doesn't he? Couldn't Armstrong just bust his head open and crush his brain case?
---
"Man You Come Straight Out Of A Comic Strip"-Bushido Brown to Huey before they fight
#8Ein_SophPosted 4/12/2013 10:25:50 PM
The fight would really just be both of them throwing random vehicles/junk at each other. And it would be AWESOME.

"This is the greatest fight of my life!"

"Magnetic force! Nature's force!"
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#9ClawsPosted 4/12/2013 10:43:48 PM
Ein_Soph posted...
The fight would really just be both of them throwing random vehicles/junk at each other. And it would be AWESOME.

"This is the greatest fight of my life!"

"Magnetic force! Nature's force!"

^I thought the same. *laughing*

But seriously, can they even hurt each other? I think Monsoon would win, IF the nanomachines can be affected by magnetism. But Armstrong's a smart guy. He was intending to betray Desperados, so there's no way he'll allow tech that's weak to one of his enemies. Mostly likely magnetism doesn't work on his nanomachines.

...Yeah, it's going to end up in all out junk throwing. Both have strong bodies, but if Monsoon does that giant spinning piece of katamari junk move on Armstrong I've no doubt Armstrong's going to be hurt somewhere, while Armstrong's probably going to rush and punch the crap out of him with fire and wrestle the junk out of Monsoon's control.... it comes down to who controls random metal tanks better?! XD
#10Chain_StrikePosted 4/13/2013 12:48:15 AM
I don't think that's how Monsoon's magnetic force power works.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.