Could Monsoon take on Armstrong?

#31SlaveBladePosted 4/18/2013 7:41:33 PM
Ace10of27Spades posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
Raiden could not have beaten Monsoon without being in Ripper Mode. He can beat the Senator without Ripper Mode.

Bull****, ripper mode was an aesthetic for that fight at best.

It's not my opinion. It's canon fact, revealed by codec.

And I still call bull****.

Ok, but I didn't write the story. BTW, the Earth is also round.

Either way, my chart still stands.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#32Ace10of27SpadesPosted 4/18/2013 7:51:20 PM
Raiden says it himself in the game that Monsoon would have killed him. Believe what you want though, some people believe God cares about their selfish prayers too. Santa says 'yo!'
---
"Lack of comprehension / Thriving on your cliche / Compelled by self resentment!"
PSN: Ninja-_-Radness, Ace10of27Spades
#33SlaveBladePosted 4/18/2013 8:02:33 PM
Raiden says it himself in the game that Monsoon would have killed him. Believe what you want though, some people believe God cares about their selfish prayers too. Santa says 'yo!'

Is there a reason you're being a condescending douchenozzle? All I'm saying is that Raiden "Not being of sound mind" beat Monsoon, which should really, really say something to Monsoon's ability if he couldn't beat a base instinct of a man.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#34Rising_shadowPosted 4/18/2013 8:03:44 PM
He says he would have died because he was holding himself back, not because Monsoon was better than him. In Ripper mode Raiden basically just lets himself go to town on everything without trying to resemble a human being. That's why Sam says Raiden's sword is just a tool, he's basically fooling himself into thinking he's killing just for the sake of others when deep down he really loves to kill.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#35SlaveBladePosted 4/18/2013 8:08:13 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
He says he would have died because he was holding himself back, not because Monsoon was better than him. In Ripper mode Raiden basically just lets himself go to town on everything without trying to resemble a human being. That's why Sam says Raiden's sword is just a tool, he's basically fooling himself into thinking he's killing just for the sake of others when deep down he really loves to kill.

So... when Raiden goes to town on Monsoon, it's canon, but when Raiden goes to town on Armstrong (He made a big ****ing deal about "Never killing without reason with my own sword" and then went back on that, going so far as to pull out the silly line of "Besides, this isn't my sword") it's not canon anymore.

What the **** am I reading?
---
#36Rising_shadowPosted 4/18/2013 8:15:43 PM
I dunno, what are you reading? Because I have no idea what the feth you're on about, lollerblade.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#37SlaveBladePosted 4/18/2013 8:40:57 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
I dunno, what are you reading? Because I have no idea what the feth you're on about, lollerblade.

Oh look name-calling. Again with the condescension.

Read the conversation above.
---
#38TheCurseX2Posted 4/19/2013 11:08:32 AM
Raiden was in his full peak against Monsoon the entire fight.

Raiden didn't need to be against Armstrong.

Monsoon > Armstrong in terms of fighting ability. He's too much of a psychopath to make for a leader which is why he stays as one of Armstrong's primary henchmen.
---
Of course, of course it got done, things get done all the time, I understand don't worry YOUR JOB WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK. GET BETTER GEORGE!
#39destructoclausPosted 4/19/2013 11:33:07 AM
I haven't seen anything that indicates that Monsoon is any stronger than Raiden. Raiden's HF blade couldn't touch Armstrong, and the latter broke it. Raiden's punches didn't hurt Armstrong. Given those two facts, I doubt any attack Monsoon could muster other than throwing large chunks of debris would even scratch Armstrong. Not a single one.

As for Raiden vs Monsoon, that ripper mode thing was primarily for aesthetic purposes. If it wasn't, then why wasn't ripper mode part of the battle? Why did it not have a gauge? Raiden, at that point in the story, let himself loose and gave into his desire to kill, resulting in ripper mode. What indication do we have that Raiden needed the "power of ripper mode" to physically cut Monsoon? He only needed to unleash the skills, and his inner persona, signified by his appearance in ripper mode.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#40Lioyd_the_heroPosted 4/19/2013 2:32:42 PM
Well yes Armstrong would have a tough time hitting him and stuff. But Monsoon wouldn't be able to even put a scratch on Armstrong's body.

Monsoon isn't fast like Sam or Raiden, he doesn't have an HF blade, and even if he hit Armstrong in exposed areas while other areas had nanomachines (like raiden's qte's) he wouldn't be able to do enough to really stop Armstrong.

And, all it would take is a one or two few good hits on Monsoon to take him down. People think he is super tough for matching Raiden in ripper mode, but that's just because he was able to separate and move fast, beyond that I wouldn't peg him as more durable or stronger than Mistral.
---
PSN howling_red