After all the DLC is done, do you think this game will or should be re-released

#1Ein_SophPosted 4/18/2013 1:41:25 PM
with the extra content? if only to extend play time?

I'm not really one for re-releases myself (unless they're really meaty) but it might do good to a game such as this. The length and camera are pretty much the only issues I have with this game. Now that the Sam DLC is out, the game is starting to feel a bit more "complete".
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#2sworderPosted 4/18/2013 1:44:11 PM
Nope, a rerelease won't really sell much so they won't bother
#3Ace10of27SpadesPosted 4/18/2013 2:13:21 PM
I would buy a rerelease with all DLC included. I was just wishing for this the other day.
---
"Lack of comprehension / Thriving on your cliche / Compelled by self resentment!"
PSN: Ninja-_-Radness, Ace10of27Spades
#4Gnosis_Guyver1Posted 4/18/2013 2:30:40 PM
if it sells extremely well it will happen
---
Nothing is true everything is permitted.
#5MurphysGhostPosted 4/18/2013 2:49:56 PM
It needs more than just the DLC included, but I do think this game would be ripe for a 'Special Edition'.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#6AzureVergilPosted 4/18/2013 2:59:29 PM
I will buy it again and sell the original version. DLCs in the disc is always better than Digital DLCs. No need to re-downlaod them every time I change PS3 or going to a friend's house.
#7Ein_Soph(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 5:29:25 PM
AzureVergil posted...
I will buy it again and sell the original version. DLCs in the disc is always better than Digital DLCs. No need to re-downlaod them every time I change PS3 or going to a friend's house.

I agree with this. Especially if the DLC is pretty damn good, as I thought the Sam DLC was. I'd rather have it on disk.
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#8StarkangarooPosted 4/19/2013 11:16:43 AM
I hope they release a game of the year edition, I would love to play the all of the dlc
one day.
---
I don't like the games the games like me!!
#9DJ_0000Posted 4/19/2013 12:09:58 PM
I don't think it would sell well personally.

I would only buy it if it included a big expansion personally rather than some small DLC packs (mainly because I will have played them all).
#10sephiroth068Posted 4/19/2013 1:11:38 PM
I personally would like it if they do rerelease it, like a Substance/Subsistence kind of rerelease (shame MGS4 didn't have one, I felt that game really needed one personally) only difference being is that the extra stuff would still be available as DLC for everyone else who bought the original version

Also the only way I see a rerelease being successful somewhat is if they release it with all the DLC that is planned for it, and have an extra bonus included on it that was never mentioned about as it's new draw and I do mean something substantial like another full fledged level or something with either Raiden, Sam, Bladewolf (since he reportedly maybe playable in his DLC) or an entirely different character to play as. It would be a timed exclusive for a certain amount of time in order to get initial sales for the new version of MGR and then after enough time has passed, the extra bit that was on the rerelease would be available as DLC like everything else. Seems a little shady but I somewhat understand when companies do these sort of things. Not only is it rather smart, but it's sometimes the only way to get people to rebuy games that they normally would not rebuy and it's not like the extra new content would never be made available to the rest of the public, at least in my hypothetical scenario
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)