kotaku is either st2pid or bias

#21KabutechRXPosted 4/20/2013 2:57:51 PM
Kotaku hates japanese devs, most people know this already.
---
PSN: KabutechRX ~ Currently Playing: Legasista, Persona 4 Arena, Gundam Extreme VS ~
#22QuickandtheDeadPosted 4/20/2013 5:30:03 PM
DullahansXMark posted...
NightmareGamma posted...
Sams Story also makes nearly no sense.

On its own, no. You have to consider what it has to do with the rest of the game.

Once upon a time, Sam fought bad guys. Then he met Fist of the North Star and got his ideals of justice (as well as his arm) shattered. For the DLC itself, yes, that's it.

But then you take it into the main game. One day, he meets Raiden, who starts spewing the same crap as he used to: stuff that he thought was brutally wrong at this point. However, even after he knocks Raiden around and meets him all the way in Denver again, Raiden still insists on inflicting "justice". So Sam breaks him. He tries to turn Raiden into one of them, just like Fist of the North Star did to him. And while it does sorta work... Raiden still insists on his path of "justice". This confused Sam considerably until he made a revelation: maybe fighting for justice isn't such a bad thought after all. So he waited for Raiden. He would fight Raiden. If he won, then Raiden was wrong. If Raiden won, then justice really is worth fighting for after all ("History will decide who was right."). Which is also why Sam so willingly gave Raiden his sword in R-07.

Most of that you wouldn't have known without playing Jetstream. Until it was released it was just kinda like "ack, why dis guy fiting me? Ow, I dead. Stop messing wid mah hede. I'm a rippa now. And you suddny gud guy nao. Wai?"

Beautiful. Slow clap, bro.
#23DullahansXMarkPosted 4/20/2013 6:21:55 PM
QuickandtheDead posted...
DullahansXMark posted...
NightmareGamma posted...

On its own, no. You have to consider what it has to do with the rest of the game.

Once upon a time, Sam fought bad guys. Then he met Fist of the North Star and got his ideals of justice (as well as his arm) shattered. For the DLC itself, yes, that's it.

But then you take it into the main game. One day, he meets Raiden, who starts spewing the same crap as he used to: stuff that he thought was brutally wrong at this point. However, even after he knocks Raiden around and meets him all the way in Denver again, Raiden still insists on inflicting "justice". So Sam breaks him. He tries to turn Raiden into one of them, just like Fist of the North Star did to him. And while it does sorta work... Raiden still insists on his path of "justice". This confused Sam considerably until he made a revelation: maybe fighting for justice isn't such a bad thought after all. So he waited for Raiden. He would fight Raiden. If he won, then Raiden was wrong. If Raiden won, then justice really is worth fighting for after all ("History will decide who was right."). Which is also why Sam so willingly gave Raiden his sword in R-07.

Most of that you wouldn't have known without playing Jetstream. Until it was released it was just kinda like "ack, why dis guy fiting me? Ow, I dead. Stop messing wid mah hede. I'm a rippa now. And you suddny gud guy nao. Wai?"

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic >_<

If you're not (and I do think you're being genuine), then thank you very much ^_^
#24QuickandtheDeadPosted 4/20/2013 9:27:39 PM
DullahansXMark posted...
QuickandtheDead posted...
DullahansXMark posted...
NightmareGamma posted...

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic >_<

If you're not (and I do think you're being genuine), then thank you very much ^_^

No sarcasm, you summed it up very well.
#25Rob_IndahoodPosted 4/20/2013 11:48:30 PM
Hits even harder knowing that Sam must have been with Desperado for a good while until Raiden finally shows up. I think the only thing he had to live for anymore was a good fight, seeing Raiden reminded him of how he was during his DLC.
---
GT: Warhound07
#26jurrian91Posted 4/21/2013 12:46:13 PM
It's Kotaku. They're an absolute joke.
---
Magnetic force, Jack!
Nature's force!