Metal Gear Rising 2 Story Ideas?

#21Miku_369Posted 4/22/2013 10:14:33 AM
Make MGR2 similar to MGS2.

Have the "prologue" chapter star Raiden but once its over it turns out to be a news report being viewed by the new playable character.

I prefer to have a female lead this time. Her origin story goes something like this: She was just an ordinary who one day had an accident and "died" she wakes up to find out that her body has been replace with a cyborg body. She is told that if she wants to live a normal life she has to do what they say. As she keeps fighting she realizes, much to her shock and horror, that she's actually enjoying the killing. She later learns that while "asleep" she was subjected to a modified version of the World Marshal Sears Program. After finishing her "mission" she starts wandering the world killing any bad guy that deserves it. One day she gets severely injured and is on the verge of death until Raiden saves her. He recommends that she work for Maverick and that's how we get to the beginning of MGR2.

Aside from that longer cutscenes, longer gameplay, more weapons, wall run, better story, and better levels would be nice.

I'd also like to see more older characters make an appearance.
---
"Official supporter of ShizukoxIzaya since 3-8-2013"
http://i.imgur.com/3cQBhOd.png http://i.imgur.com/NjMLTjR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/STA7YUG.jpg
#22darkbeamPosted 4/22/2013 10:42:13 AM
Miku_369 posted...
Make MGR2 similar to MGS2.

Have the "prologue" chapter star Raiden but once its over it turns out to be a news report being viewed by the new playable character.

I prefer to have a female lead this time. Her origin story goes something like this: She was just an ordinary who one day had an accident and "died" she wakes up to find out that her body has been replace with a cyborg body. She is told that if she wants to live a normal life she has to do what they say. As she keeps fighting she realizes, much to her shock and horror, that she's actually enjoying the killing. She later learns that while "asleep" she was subjected to a modified version of the World Marshal Sears Program. After finishing her "mission" she starts wandering the world killing any bad guy that deserves it. One day she gets severely injured and is on the verge of death until Raiden saves her. He recommends that she work for Maverick and that's how we get to the beginning of MGR2.

Aside from that longer cutscenes, longer gameplay, more weapons, wall run, better story, and better levels would be nice.

I'd also like to see more older characters make an appearance.

so you want MGR with a female character...so pretty much a 60 dollar reskin of raiden...

yeah this has to be the worst idea for a sequel considering your idea even breaks the lore considering people do not sleep through the sears program and how you gave it a twist with raiden saving her which will inevitably lead to a love thing (look what happened to samus) also if she "died" then how did they use the brain considering you cant just take a brain out of a corpse and slap it into a cyborg and it will work, the brain needs to be healthy and with out physical trauma for it to function and adjust to the new body

you might be able to make a decent fan fiction with this but for a game? that people would be paying full price for? no
#23DartDragoonPosted 4/22/2013 11:06:32 AM
"A story much more darker and grim than we had."

Nope, big NOPE. The game needs to retain it's Metal gearesque cheesiness. I don't want Raiden to go all serious and emo. His character needs to build upon his acceptance of Jack the Ripper and become a badass killing machine.

(The void that Dante left needs to be filled haha)
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskMstr / Haggar / Trish
#24Miku_369Posted 4/22/2013 11:20:09 AM(edited)
darkbeam posted...
so you want MGR with a female character...so pretty much a 60 dollar reskin of raiden...

yeah this has to be the worst idea for a sequel considering your idea even breaks the lore considering people do not sleep through the sears program and how you gave it a twist with raiden saving her which will inevitably lead to a love thing (look what happened to samus) also if she "died" then how did they use the brain considering you cant just take a brain out of a corpse and slap it into a cyborg and it will work, the brain needs to be healthy and with out physical trauma for it to function and adjust to the new body

you might be able to make a decent fan fiction with this but for a game? that people would be paying full price for? no

I'm not really going to try to defend my idea because yeah it kinda is a reskin of sorts but trying to apply normal logic to metal gear is not very wise. We're talking about a series that brought back two deader than dead characters back to life and did you notice how I put "died" in parentheses? and just because she was saved by Raiden doesn't mean that she will have to "inevitably" fall in love with him; I find that to be pretty sexist. and for the program; have you ever seen Demolition Man? Same concept.

You're right its not the best idea but the worst? I can think of far worse ideas to use than this and tbh I don't care what they do I just want a female lead in an MGS or MGR game that's not The Boss or any other established character.
---
"Official supporter of ShizukoxIzaya since 3-8-2013"
http://i.imgur.com/3cQBhOd.png http://i.imgur.com/NjMLTjR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/STA7YUG.jpg
#25darkbeamPosted 4/22/2013 11:45:13 AM
"I'm not really going to try to defend my idea because yeah it kinda is a reskin of sorts but trying to apply normal logic to metal gear is not very wise."

-here defending idea and i didnt apply normal logic, i applied metal gear logic

"We're talking about a series that brought back two deader than dead characters back to life and did you notice how I put "died" in parentheses?"

-the way these characters "died" are different than being in an accident, raiden "died" too but that was from the patriots experimenting on him, that is vastly different from having serious brain trauma from an accident

also to further expand on your point here, the characters that "died" in this game and have come back have been because they are wearing plot armor, the character you came up with and used for an excuse to get her into a cyborg body is VERY weak and has been done many times in other storys to the point to make that the centerpoint of how that person got her new body is just lame

"and just because she was saved by Raiden doesn't mean that she will have to "inevitably" fall in love with him"

-this has happened in pretty much every story that features a female lead in modern games that feature a female lead getting saved, to argue that this wouldnt happen is being out of touch with the sad fact that in games, if a primary ex-leading character saves a female lead character that they will work some kind of love plot into it

"I find that to be pretty sexist"

-see my other point, that isnt being sexist and to say that is sexist is both stupid and moronic

"and for the program; have you ever seen Demolition Man? Same concept."

-that isnt even metal gear so no, you cant just take something from a different story and say "this is the same!" when it isnt

'You're right its not the best idea but the worst?"

-compared to other threads on this forum about this same topic, yeah this is right up there if not the worst

"I can think of far worse ideas to use than this and tbh I don't care what they do I just want a female lead in an MGS or MGR game that's not The Boss or any other established character."

-they day they make a female lead character in a metal gear game is the day hell freezes over, the females they have had in the MGS series have been great side characters but you cant name one and say objectively that they could use any of them for a solid lead character (and i said objectively)

also male characters are easier to write for, most female games have poor writing with no good reasoning why they are doing what they are doing (or why their armor has so much cleavage/thong...) and the ones that do are pretty much "i could replace with character with anyone else and it wouldnt effect the story at all" syndrome

but by all means keep wanting a good female lead, maybe one day they will do it right but that day isnt anytime soon if you follow the current trends
#26beardface21Posted 4/22/2013 12:06:04 PM
Have George come along as back up!

:D
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#27MetalGearDogmaPosted 4/22/2013 12:09:11 PM
beardface21 posted...

HELL NO!!!

^^
---
Dragon Dogma Pawn: Yamato, Lvl 180+, Warrior
PSN: FF7_Lissy
#28beardface21Posted 4/22/2013 12:17:49 PM(edited)
MetalGearDogma posted...
beardface21 posted...

HELL NO!!!

^^

Why resist? You know it's going to happen....Rejoice Metal Gear Dogma! George is the Biggest Boss Boss Snake.

Edit: lol typing out rejoice made me think about Vulcan Raven and how shamefully forgotten he is by the fanbase. They should make a boss cyborg inspired by the shaman.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#29RaengPosted 4/22/2013 12:17:42 PM
I want:

Longer cutscenes and gameplay.

Better characters and plot

Better level designs.

A story much more darker and grim than we had.

A direct sequel

Longer cutscenes? Personally I disagree. They were plenty lengthy as they are. Just long enough to tell a story but not long enough to deprive us of the action.

Characters and plot were decent, miles above an average (action) game.

Level designs really need to be upped I agree. Definetly not Bayonetta or Vanquish standards.

More grimdark? No thank you.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#30MetalGearDogmaPosted 4/22/2013 12:55:30 PM
beardface21 posted...
MetalGearDogma posted...
beardface21 posted...

HELL NO!!!

^^

Why resist? You know it's going to happen....Rejoice Metal Gear Dogma! George is the Biggest Boss Boss Snake.

Edit: lol typing out rejoice made me think about Vulcan Raven and how shamefully forgotten he is by the fanbase. They should make a boss cyborg inspired by the shaman.

I think its gonna happen too. since I saw cyborg george on my first playthrough. I simply don't want it. imagine gorge is under attack, raiden saves him and dies. like grey fox on shadow moses.

and vulcan raven ... I like him. especially in the mgs novel. a proud, silent soldier.
I'm a huge fan of anything from mgs.
just add me if you like, beadface21 ^^
---
Dragon Dogma Pawn: Yamato, Lvl 180+, Warrior
PSN: FF7_Lissy