Metal Gear Rising 2 Story Ideas?

#31Miku_369Posted 4/22/2013 1:22:55 PM
darkbeam posted...
-the way these characters "died" are different than being in an accident, raiden "died" too but that was from the patriots experimenting on him, that is vastly different from having serious brain trauma from an accident

also to further expand on your point here, the characters that "died" in this game and have come back have been because they are wearing plot armor, the character you came up with and used for an excuse to get her into a cyborg body is VERY weak and has been done many times in other storys to the point to make that the centerpoint of how that person got her new body is just lame

First off I never once said that brain trauma was involved; you assumed that yourself and second its not like anything else will be any less cliche and done to death in fact Raiden himself at this point is a reused idea and not very original. He was original before but after MGS4 he's pretty much a carbon copy of Grey Fox.

-this has happened in pretty much every story that features a female lead in modern games that feature a female lead getting saved, to argue that this wouldnt happen is being out of touch with the sad fact that in games, if a primary ex-leading character saves a female lead character that they will work some kind of love plot into it

-see my other point, that isnt being sexist and to say that is sexist is both stupid and moronic

Flawed logic that comes off as misogynistic. "She has to fall in love because she's a woman who was saved by a man." This is simply not true.

-that isnt even metal gear so no, you cant just take something from a different story and say "this is the same!" when it isnt

-compared to other threads on this forum about this same topic, yeah this is right up there if not the worst

Do you know how VR works? Do you know what goes on in the persons mind as they are experiencing it? What I was going for was that the VR she goes through would be like a dream to her. When she wakes up she would have no memory of it but everything she experienced would become second nature/instinct.

From what you've posted I doubt you'd be saying this if I said that the character is male. You'd probably say something like "Its a bit cliche but its not the worst idea I've seen"

-the day they make a female lead character in a metal gear game is the day hell freezes over, the females they have had in the MGS series have been great side characters but you cant name one and say objectively that they could use any of them for a solid lead character (and i said objectively)

also male characters are easier to write for, most female games have poor writing with no good reasoning why they are doing what they are doing (or why their armor has so much cleavage/thong...) and the ones that do are pretty much "i could replace with character with anyone else and it wouldn't effect the story at all" syndrome

but by all means keep wanting a good female lead, maybe one day they will do it right but that day isnt anytime soon if you follow the current trends

Which confirms what I said before; had I said that the character was male than we wouldn't be having this argument. This just proves that the only reason why you think this is "the worst" idea ever is because, female character. and lol implying that the "syndrome" doesn't go both ways.
---
"Official supporter of ShizukoxIzaya since 3-8-2013"
http://i.imgur.com/3cQBhOd.png http://i.imgur.com/NjMLTjR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/STA7YUG.jpg
#32darkbeamPosted 4/22/2013 1:52:25 PM(edited)
"First off I never once said that brain trauma was involved; you assumed that yourself and second its not like anything else will be any less cliche and done to death in fact Raiden himself at this point is a reused idea and not very original. He was original before but after MGS4 he's pretty much a carbon copy of Grey Fox."

-when you only put accident and leave no detail you cant blame someone for criticizing you for it

also how can you say he was original but after mgs4 he wasnt? do you even KNOW anything about raiden or grey fox? they were the same idea executed different, no time frame changes that

"Flawed logic that comes off as misogynistic. "She has to fall in love because she's a woman who was saved by a man." This is simply not true."

-you didnt even read what i said, but by all means label me something that im not because you dont feel like attempting to read what i said

"Do you know how VR works? Do you know what goes on in the persons mind as they are experiencing it? What I was going for was that the VR she goes through would be like a dream to her. When she wakes up she would have no memory of it but everything she experienced would become second nature/instinct."

-do YOU even know how VR works? the user isnt put into a coma or some drugged out state, they experience it for just an example, if you went swimming and the person in the VR went swimming, you both would feel and see the same things, they arent unconscious, they are fully aware, you would know this if you paid attention when the VR stuff was brought up

"From what you've posted I doubt you'd be saying this if I said that the character is male. You'd probably say something like "Its a bit cliche but its not the worst idea I've seen""

-i would say the same thing because we just had a whole game done on this let alone grey fox, but by all means keep thinking i am saying something different than what i am typing

"Which confirms what I said before; had I said that the character was male than we wouldn't be having this argument. This just proves that the only reason why you think this is "the worst" idea ever is because, female character. and lol implying that the "syndrome" doesn't go both ways."

-the syndrome does indeed go both ways but name me one other game than that recent tomb raider or bayonetta that you couldnt replace the characters for anyone else

you must be a feminist or something because you are just throwing exaggerations out there and throwing out all the lore of how cyborgs work/vr works in mgs (see? i can play your game too)

oh and nobody gets a full cybernetic body just for lulz in the mgs world, so there goes your character right there too
#33TiomoidPosted 4/22/2013 1:51:51 PM
Different body types. It's a wasted opportunity both gameplay and plotwise. Cyborgs could potentially have different custom bodies for different scenarios. Think choosing between the sneaking suit and battle armour before a mission in peace walker brought up to risings setting.

You could even have the bodies unlocked by beating bosses to justify having several expensive custom bodies. Imagine Raiden using sundowners body as a powerhouse high hp/low speed playstyle
---
Freaky Styley
#34beardface21Posted 4/22/2013 2:46:05 PM
Tiomoid posted...
Different body types. It's a wasted opportunity both gameplay and plotwise. Cyborgs could potentially have different custom bodies for different scenarios. Think choosing between the sneaking suit and battle armour before a mission in peace walker brought up to risings setting.

You could even have the bodies unlocked by beating bosses to justify having several expensive custom bodies. Imagine Raiden using sundowners body as a powerhouse high hp/low speed playstyle

I like this idea. Have a stealth suit that has octocamo or all out stealth camo but balance it out with small Zandatsu time or none at all.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18