Is it possible that Sam's arm..

#1Ein_SophPosted 4/21/2013 11:01:18 AM
is not entirely robotic? I know it might seem kinda obvious to some but up until recently I'd always thought that after losing his arm, he'd just get a brand new one, as in, not a human arm at a.. I never considered that they might just reattach his old arm and sort of add a bunch of enhancements to it, making it look the way it does in the game.
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#2morthaeusPosted 4/21/2013 11:28:47 AM
Its completely possible imo that its just a cyborg repair rather than a cyborg prosthetic. Besides that I think the general opinion is he didn't lose his arm. It just got damaged badly by the stab.
---
Join the myth. Make it a legend. XBL GT morthaeus
#3Ein_Soph(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 11:32:34 AM
morthaeus posted...
Its completely possible imo that its just a cyborg repair rather than a cyborg prosthetic. Besides that I think the general opinion is he didn't lose his arm. It just got damaged badly by the stab.

Yeah it didn't really seem like it was cut clean off.
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#4MMX377Posted 4/21/2013 11:56:42 AM(edited)
Ein_Soph posted...
morthaeus posted...

Yeah it didn't really seem like it was cut clean off.

My guess is.... Sam is a human with a high-tech powersuit (ability to absorb Electrolyte after using Blade mode to cut the enemy down).

---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3
#5Rising_shadowPosted 4/21/2013 12:42:34 PM
Even if it wasn't cut off it's extremely likely it was entirely replaced. Look at Armstrong's stump. It's fricking huge. Imagine a blade that size going through your arm. That's not a cut, that's a giant hole. Aside from bone and muscle damage the nerve damage alone would destroy any ability to use a sword he had with it.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#6DragonRaizenPosted 4/21/2013 12:45:48 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
Even if it wasn't cut off it's extremely likely it was entirely replaced. Look at Armstrong's stump. It's fricking huge. Imagine a blade that size going through your arm. That's not a cut, that's a giant hole. Aside from bone and muscle damage the nerve damage alone would destroy any ability to use a sword he had with it.

This. Sure, the technology might allow for the nerves, muscles and bone there to be replaced, but by that point, it's either easier to just amputate the arm, or what remained of the arm is more cyborg than organic.
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#7snake2410Posted 4/21/2013 4:24:46 PM
It looked like it wasn't entirely cut off to me. You can tell because in that scene when Sam moves after it happens it shows the whole blood pool where his arm should be if it was completely severed. And If you look at his arm in the main game the suit is still the same on that arm, just with the cyborg armor/repair on top of it. Its likely only cybernetically enhanced so that he can use it again. Likely Armstrong's arm stump only hit a large enough chunk of it that Sam couldn't use it again without cybernetic repair.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 6x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#8The_Ivory_ManPosted 4/21/2013 4:49:04 PM
Just pointing it out.

If it wasn't cut off they would show it.

Japanese censorship doesn't allow dismemberment
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#9Paragon_NemesisPosted 4/21/2013 6:27:21 PM
I did always imagine it as more of a brace on his arm
---
PSN: ShadowCommander3
With Great Power, Comes A Great Beatdown!
#10Xaldin0011Posted 4/21/2013 8:07:28 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Just pointing it out.

If it wasn't cut off they would show it.

Japanese censorship doesn't allow dismemberment

Um... Isn't this game filled with dismemberment?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHCLjuOzXY
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.