Is it possible that Sam's arm..

#11Ein_Soph(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 8:34:14 PM
Xaldin0011 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Just pointing it out.

If it wasn't cut off they would show it.

Japanese censorship doesn't allow dismemberment

Um... Isn't this game filled with dismemberment?

Yes, the game is full of dismemberment but the Japanese version has white-blooded cyborgs, which apparently lets the game bypass the whole "no-dismemberment" thing. I think that only goes for humans, though, so that's why they kept the white blood as a way to further drive the point that what you're killing are cyborgs.
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#12snake2410Posted 4/21/2013 9:24:07 PM
Paragon_Nemesis posted...
I did always imagine it as more of a brace on his arm

Could also be that it was so borderline that they didn't want to tempt the Japanese censors so they made it purposefully vaque as to wether it is or not.
---
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 5x Plat!, GoW SAGA 6x Plat!, ZoE HD 2x Plat! N7 Elite x3!
#13DartDragoonPosted 4/22/2013 8:06:19 AM
Looking at the size of Armstrong's arm when he pierced Sam's shoulder/arm, there is no way that they could have saved Sam's arm. Way too much damage.

I think they amputated the whole thing and gave him a cyborg arm.
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskMstr / Haggar / Trish
#14eric_otnessPosted 4/22/2013 8:15:48 AM
snake2410 posted...
Paragon_Nemesis posted...
I did always imagine it as more of a brace on his arm

Could also be that it was so borderline that they didn't want to tempt the Japanese censors so they made it purposefully vaque as to wether it is or not.

Wasn't it also the case in the International releases as well? I doubt that was the reason. After all, the Japanese version, besides the White Blood aspect, also altered the scenes showing violent deaths to be significantly less graphic (like panning away or something), while America got all the excessive violence. I'm pretty sure they would have had something similar occur with Sam had that been the case.
#15Gnosis_Guyver1Posted 4/22/2013 8:15:48 AM
whihc makes sam a partial only got cyber bits for a lost limb instead of full makeover
---
Nothing is true everything is permitted.
#16The_Ivory_ManPosted 4/22/2013 1:45:39 PM
Xaldin0011 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Just pointing it out.

If it wasn't cut off they would show it.

Japanese censorship doesn't allow dismemberment

Um... Isn't this game filled with dismemberment?

Not on real body parts
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#17DartDragoonPosted 4/23/2013 5:50:33 AM
In Japan:

Cutting an arm with gallons of blood spurting out, is NOT okay

Cutting an arm with gallons of blood spurting out while mentionning that they're half-cyborg, now that's okay
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskMstr / Haggar / Trish
#18PhaildPosted 4/23/2013 6:12:56 AM
DartDragoon posted...
In Japan:

Cutting an arm with gallons of blood spurting out, is NOT okay

Cutting an arm with gallons of blood spurting out while mentionning that they're half-cyborg, now that's okay

Said blood being white.

Which isn't any different from parental controls way back when you had the option to change the blood color to green.
---
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 7 days
Let's dance.
#19Rising_shadowPosted 4/23/2013 6:29:27 AM
Censorship laws are dumb everywhere, Japan is just the ur example. I was playing Onimusha 3 recently and any blood from enemies was green. Even humans were bleeding green. And that's an american copy of the game.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#20rebell7Posted 4/23/2013 6:40:12 AM
This is quoted directly from the MG Wiki " Upon his death, it was discovered that Sam had barely had any cyborg enhancements at all; in fact, besides his exoskeleton that encases his otherwise-human body, it is possible that only his right arm is actually purely cybernetic" so given this info I'd be more inclined to agree with this because its congruent with the official bio of Samuel.

Lastly anyone who viewed their fight can see his arm being torn off by Armstrong. So the damage was to his shoulder meaning it was virtually impossible to reattach his with that amount of structural damage being done to his human frame. So a full cybernetic replacement would be justified. And if some of you need more of a visual aid at this point reference Ed Elric's automail arm.